Chapter 18 : Battle for Freedom

Aphmau's POV

"No! I refuse for her to go with you! I heard what happened yesterday, and as her lord, I will NOT let her go through that stress again!" Why are they here?! No matter what, Y/N isn't going with them, she doesn't deserve this. The Lord with blonde hair and blue eyes speaks up. His voice booms.
"Well that's not your decision. I am giving you a chance to reconsider and hand her over before our forces attack and reduce your town to rubble." I'm shocked and equally terrified. I still have to stand up for her! We can fight back. But, O'Khasis and V/N working together? We may not win this... That's when I hear footsteps.
"Why won't you leave me be!"

Your POV

Energy boils through my veins as I run towards them. Why can't I live my life without people trying to control me?! I'm am so angry. I stand next to Aphmau. The look on her face is enough to spell horror. I stare the Lords down. They both look shocked but hide it with smug looks.
"Y/N," the blonde one says coldly. "How nice of you to show, we were just talking about you." I just stare. Besides him is the man I hate, even more then him. My father.
"Y/N, we will make you a deal." He half smiles at me. Oh I know what kind of deal it is.
"Why don't you come with us, or we will reduce this pitiful town to rubble. Sound good?" He added venom to those last words. I've had it with these people. My father keeps his distance. As he should. The other Lord on the other hand, stays where he is. Aphmau speaks up.
"Please don't do this! Garte, Thalon, we can work out another alternative." She tries reasoning with them, It won't work. They both want an alliance, but they want me as the price.
"Fine, but I have my own deal." All three look to me. I look past both men, behind them is a huge army, awaiting orders. I estimated 200, maybe 250? Lotsa men for two cowards. Garte speaks.
"And what may that be?" I stare coldly into his ice blue eyes.
"Your army versus me, if you win, I'll go with you." The two men couldn't contain their laughter. I keep my anger concealed under a straight face. My father spoke through laughs.
"And the impossible chance you win?" I smiled.
"You two will never come near this place again." They both grinned.
"Deal." They walked back to their army. Aphmau looked shocked.
"Y/N you can't fight all by yourself! You'll d-die." I smile.
"Just watch me." I turn around to see the guys' pale faces.
"Y-You're going t-to fight that many m-men?" Garroth stuttered. I nodded my head.
"You can't, there's way too many!" Dante yelled. I looked at them all. Laurence had a mix of sad and angry. Travis looked like a ghost. Garroth was staring off into the army, but at one of the Lords, I couldn't tell which one. Aaron had a worried frown. And Dante was freaking out.
"At least let us fight!" Aaron stepped forward. I shook my head.
"A deals a deal, and don't worry. I'll be juust fine." I was sounding over confident, I hated it, but to give them any hope was worth it. The situation looked very bleak. I looked over to Aphmau, she looked like she was going to cry. I smiled and turned around to walk out the gate. Time to do this...

I walk out, leaving everyone I've ever cared for behind. A part of me wanted Nathan to appear and help, but the other part didn't want him to be involved. I look to my left at the gate. I walk over and touch it. A pattern of tiny bright F/C hexagons start to sprawl across the entry. No one gets in, and no one gets out. I ready all the Energy in my body. The shield I summoned over the gate only took a little effort. It's not the strongest I can do, but it'll stop anything from getting in or out. I look over to see D/N sadly put on of his paws on the shield and bowed his head. That's a sad sight... I brush it off and look ahead. I can see a shocked expression on each of the Lords face. I focus some Energy in my right shoulder, the F/C ribbons elegantly grow out of my shoulder pad. The three ribbons extend to more then my arm length, I flex and they instantly harden. F/C particles surround them. I bring my hands up to a boxing stance. My claws slightly block my face, and twitch when my fingers move. My father yells something and the army charges. I hear muffled screams of my name behind me. I close my eyes and focus. In the dark, F/C outlines appear as they inch closer. I open to see them charging. F/C waves of Energy surround my claws. It's time. I start running towards them. All weapons pointed at me.

They were in three lines of warriors. Around 180. There was a line further back of archers taking their stance. They got closer. I sharply sidestepped on my left foot, jumped back to the middle, spun and expelled all the Energy from my claws and hopped back, exhausted. Three wild waves of Energy sliced through the air at the incoming army. Most of them collapsed. The ones on the sides stopped and stared in disbelief at their fallen comrades. But still they charged. Now there were at least 30 still charging at me, and the archers at the back made around 40 something. I flex and my claws return to ribbons and slither back up my arm. I reach behind me to grab my bow. I summon three Energy arrows and nail the closest three in the chest. I kicked an incoming guy in the chest. The hit was numbed by his armor, but he flew backwards, landing on his head. One on the left swung his sword, I blocked it with my bow and kicked him back. I take a few steps back and ready my Energy. I dodge another few swings. I dodged another and sunk to the ground. I quickly put my hands on the ground and F/C spikes emerged. I look up to see most of the guys struck through the chest with a thin spike. Only a few, and then those archers. I was struggling to stand. Exhaustion was overtaking me. I shake my head and summon a few more arrows. The other few go down easily. I look up to the archers, or where they were. I touch the floor, making the spikes sink back to the ground. I stand to feel something in my gut. I look down to see three arrows. I look to the battlefield to see the archers run away after someone yells at them. I see Garte and my father retreat on horses. I slowly chuckle. I turn around and slowly stagger to the gates. I stop a few feet in front of it. Pale and shocked faces flood the villagers and my friends faces. I smile and say.
"I-Is everyone, o-okay?" I look down to see the arrows. I look at my hands and collapse. The last thing I heard was banging on my makeshift wall.

Third Person POV

As soon as Y/N collapsed, the see-through Energy wall turned to a lifeless gray and black dust. The guards sprinted to the girl with Aphmau close behind. Shouts were heard and Dante picked up the unconscious and arrow stricken girl. They rushed past the crowd of concerned villagers and sprinted to the purple house.