Chapter 33 : Hope Is All Thats Left

Aphmau's POV

{Two months later}

She almost died. She had many broken bones, cuts and bruises. She even stopped breathing a few times. After many potions and healing spells, she's halfway healed. Now we have to let time do its thing. The guys have been paranoid, and have been coming around everyday to check up on her. It's been two months since the attack, and she still haven't woken up. Lucinda said there's a 50/50 chance she may die, but I don't want to believe that, even if it's true. I start to cry whenever I think of what happened. Y/N and Nathan saved us, and I didn't do anything. The guys don't know that she could die in her sleep, I just can't tell them that... It would break them. They took shifts so one person was watching over her. They seemed really drained, they had been doing this for two months after all, but they're positive she'll wake up soon. I wish I could help in any way, but I have to be a Lord and look after everyone. I'm glad they understand.

Travis' POV

Two months have gone by fast. We're all worried for her. It's currently my shift. I was lying in the bed next to her, although I probably shouldn't. I couldn't help it. I want to be the one she wakes up to. I took a three-and-a-half hour nap beside her, I woke up a few minutes ago. Under an hour left. All the guys had 4 hours of watching over her, including Nathan, he was more paranoid then any of us. I feel for the guy. If I had a sister, I'd protect her with everything I had. I toss over, now facing at her. Her H/L H/C hair shone in the sunlight seeping through the curtains. She looked so peaceful.

I gently move some of her hair out of face and smile. She's perfect. I didn't realize how long I was staring. I blink to see her eyes flutter open, revealing clear grey eyes with her natural eye color now just speckled dots here and there. I freeze.
"Good morning." She says sleepily. I start to tear up. I quickly move over and hug her tightly. I feel her hug back after awhile.
"I'm so glad your finally awake." I say, tears threatening to drop. She laughs. It feels like forever since I heard her soft laugh.
"Same. How long was I out for?" I nuzzle my head into her neck.
"Two months." I mumble, I feel her freeze.
"Woah..." She gasps. I let her go after awhile.

She stands up and walks to the window. She looked like an angel. She wore a white shirt with white short shorts, her H/L H/C falling gently. I walk up and hug her from behind as see looks out the window.
"You alright?" I ask. She smiles, taking in the scenery from the garden. Colorful flowers sway in the breeze. She nods.
"Yeah, I just can't believe it's been two months." She sighs. "How is everyone?" I pause.
"They're fine, and they'll be even better knowing your up." I say. She chuckles lightly. I let go and spin her around. She looks at me questioningly as I cup her face with one of my hands. I pull her closer with my other one. I go for it and kiss her. She pauses and then kisses back. After awhile, we pull apart and I walk to the door. I turn to see her blush bright red. Guess I'm blushing as well...
"As much as I like having you to myself, I have to tell Aph your awake or she'll kill me." She sits on the bed and waves.
"Okay, and, thanks for looking out for me Travis." She says. I wink and close the door.
"YES!" I silently scream. I clear my throat and jog off to find Aph.

Dante's POV

I see Travis jog out of Aphmau's house. He never leaves that willingly... I shrug it off. I guess he needs the restroom or something. He seemed pretty happy though... I push it aside as I walk through the door and head to Y/N's room, it's my shift. I quietly open the door and close it.
"Hey there bluey." I turn from the door to see Y/N sitting up and smiling at me. I freeze. She's awake. I immediately run over and hug her, lifting her up from the bed. She laughs and hugs back. I put her down after awhile.
"When did you get up?" I say happily. I can't believe it.
"A little bit ago, Travis went to go get Aph." I put my hand under her chin and lift her head up, close to mine. Her eyes...
"What's wrong with your eyes?" I say. She raises an eyebrow.
"What's their color?" She asks. I pause and lean in closer, making her blush. I could feel her breathe.
"They're grey, with tiny E/C dots. Is that good?" I say hopefully. She looks down, averting her eyes from my gaze. She looks almost upset... Did I do something?
"Not really... It just means I've overused my Energy..." She looks back to me. No matter her eye color, she still looks beautiful. I lean in to kiss her...

Your POV

BANG! Dante fell back as the door exploded open to reveal an excited and puffing Aphmau. I laugh when Dante tries to get up. His armors a little heavy I guess. I get a hug attack from Aphmau, who's jumping with joy.
"I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE AWAKE! THANK YOU THANK YOU!" While hugging a happy Aphmau, I look to the door to see Travis appear out of breathe.
"How..(huff) did you, (huff) go that fast?" He says as he slumps against the door. I giggle.

"Go tell the others!" She screams as she lets go. Travis groans and runs out with Dante following him. She turns back to me.
"Thanks for everything Y/N!" She says whilst jumping up and down. I smile awkwardly.
"I didn't do anything but get hurt." I say scratching the back of my neck. She gasps.
"Nonsense! You and Nathan saved us!" She smiles. I shake my head.
"Your always the one healing me, I should be saying thanks. So thank you." I say, smiling.

I hear rapid footsteps so I go and approach the door. Just as I get there, six people race in and in and nearly knock me over. I quickly side step them as they pile in. They all groan when they hit the deck. I laugh loudly.
"Good to see you all still miss me." They all whip their heads up at the sound of my voice. Laurence gets up the quickest and hugs me tightly, despite glares from the others.
"I'm so glad your awake, you had me worried." He says rubbing his cheek against mine.
"Aww thanks." I say patting his back. He smirks then pulls away and Garroth hugs me next, followed by a smiling Aaron. The next guy to hug me practically tackles me.
"Don't you ever do that again! Do you know how worried I was?!" I chuckle and groan at my brothers 'hug'. He picks me up and throws me on the bed. I stand up and jump on him, making him fall down with me sitting in him.
"I love you too baby brother." I say mockingly. He growls.
"Ugh, you know I hate that." He groans. I stand up and yank him up into a hug.
"I know... baby brother."