Chapter 21 : The Bigger Picture

Your POV

After a moment of silence, Aph stands up.
"Well, I'm glad you're awake and well, we weren't sure when you'd wake up..." I smile.
"Thanks for caring." I stand up. "I better go see what my jobs are. Thanks everyone." I go to walk out when someone calls my name.
"Y/N you can't go to work, you were just injured!" Dante yells. I walk back and lean against the purple wall.
"Why not? I'm fine now." He stands up.
"Still, you shouldn't be working after that." He crosses his arms and stares at me.
"What am I supposed to do? Be lazy all day?"
"You're supposed to get rest." Laurence says from the couch. I chuckle.
"I'm sure I've had enough of that." I hear groans.
"I'll be fiiine." This time I walk out without someone telling me otherwise.

I head to the guard tower and look at the board. My names not up there. Weird... I walk outside to see the guys standing outside the door giving me looks while crossing their arms.
"What?" They look unimpressed. I mimic them and cross my arms.
"You are not working." Garroth says.
"Why not?" I groan. Travis speaks up.
"Babe, you can't. You were asleep for weeks!" The guys give him growls but he stares at me.
"You guys are like disappointed fathers." I can't keep a straight face and laugh. The guys smile. Suddenly the gates open. Garroth quickly reaches for his helmet and puts its on. We all walk to them to see who's coming in. It's a group of five all wearing hoods. All the guys reach for their weapons. I walk in front on them.
"At ease guys." They hesitantly stop. I look back at the newcomers.
"Hello, may we ask a question?" I smile.
"Fire away." I hear chuckles.
"If you insist." They quickly take of their hoods and reach for bows. I take mine out and shoot middle one. He drops to the ground. Before I can hit the others or even dodge, an arrow hits me in the shoulder. I grab it and yank it out. It has a blue fluid on its tip. I look back to see the guys hit in the shoulder with an arrow. Before I can move, I drop to the ground and become unconscious.

Third Person POV

The guards dropped to the ground. All knocked out. The now four men signaled to someone in the woods. Many more men came out with horses. The guards were put on the horses and stolen away. A lady in purple sprinted out too late, she only saw the horses run away, with her friends on them. She yelled and screamed but it was no use, she finally sunk to the ground and cried. Villagers aided her the best they could...

??? POV

"Put them in here and put her in that one." The guard obeyed and yelled at his companions. The others obeyed and did what was said, putting the girl in a cell with stone wall and an iron door, and putting the five men in a cell next to her. There was a wall in between them. This was easy. I don't abide by rules, Y/N, you should know this... This one way glass allows her friends to see and hear her, but, she cannot see or hear them. Genius. If this all works out, then she should be an unstoppable force under my control!

Laurence's POV

I wake up to feel agonizing pain. I hold in my screams as I reach for my shoulder. It burns with pain. I look to the others. They're still knocked out. What even happened? Wait... Where's Y/N?! I struggle to stand, so I use the wall. I turn and notice we're in a cell. Dang... I look to my right and see Y/N chained to a chair. Her arms dangled by her sides with large chains on her wrists. She looked to be unconscious still. I feel my blood boil. Who did this! I feel the shadow knight wanting to come out. I concentrate to keep it at bay. I slump against the wall and slide back down. What is happening? I close my eyes and feel myself fall asleep.

Your POV

I wake to feel a heaviness and pain. I concentrate on the pain first. I want to scream but I hold it in. That arrow really hurt... I look to see a bloody hole in my shoulder. Oh great... I look down to see chains wrapped around my torso and wrists. Even better... I look around. Just stone and an iron door. I attempt to use my Energy. It's not working... Why is it not working! I try again, focusing all my power to my right shoulder to try and numb the pain. I sigh in relief as I feel a dull Energy corse through my shoulder. It's not much, but it helps with the pain. Another thought enters my mind. Where is everyone? And where am I? I look up to the noise of the door opening. I see a figure emerge and close the door behind it.
"Why hello Y/N. Good to see you're awake."