Chapter 26 : My Best Friend

Your POV

It was huge. A white outline covered the dark. It was on four legs and probably bigger then me. When did they get that? The outline opens its mouth and white particles start to gather. My eyes shoot open and I turn to the guys' confused faces.
"BOOK IT!" I scream pushing them. We all run to the side, dashing into the bush. I heard a blast, then the sound of wood and stone cracking and breaking. I turn to see a blue beam shoot from the gate, wood and stone flung everywhere. Then, it, walks out the gate. It was only a little shorter then me. It had pure white fur and dark green eyes. It seemed like a wolf, but much bigger. It also had giant blue crystals spikes on its shoulder, a little on its legs and partially covering the left side of its face. A flash of recognition ran through me. I start to walk towards it. It turns its head menacingly towards me when I step forward. I hear low growls coming from it. I say amazed.
"D/N?"

It's ears perk up at the name, but continues to growls. Through the growling, it's tail slightly wags. I smile.
"Hey there boy, who's a good boy?" The growling intensifies, but it's tail wags a little more. Thats him alright... What did they do to you? Garte appears with a few guards behind him. He's smiling.
"It's been a while since you saw him correct?" I glare at him. You will pay... I ignore him and slowly approach D/N. He gives me a glare. I reach my hand out towards him.
"Here there buddy, you remember me right?" His head lowers, growling. His tail though, still wags slightly. I smile at that. I step closer, he growls more.
"Who's my best friend? That's you pal." He gets in a lunging position. I ready my Energy just in case. The guys are whisper yelling my name, begging for me to leave. I ignore them and keep stepping forward. I'm only a few feet away, his growls fill my ears.
"Hey, shut up and let me pet you." I say in a high pitched voice. He stops growling for a moment. I sigh. Finally... I blink and he lunges at me, pushing me to the ground. I put my forearm in front of me in defense. He bites into it, now it's even more damaged then the other one. I screech in pain. I bite my tongue to stop myself from screaming. I hear the guys scream my name in fear. I remove my arm that's supporting me and fall flat on my back. I slowly use my other hand to reach up and pet his head. He stops biting my arm and looks confused. I weakly smile and keep petting. His fur is really soft.
"Good boy, good boy." He let's go of my arm. His dark green eyes turn to dark blue. He gets off of me and sits. He whimpers sadly and starts licking my wound. I scratch his chest.
"It's okay, such a good boy." I smile, trying to reduce the pain with my magics. It works and I feel a hundred times better. I use his head to hoist me up. I get to my feet and see Garte's shocked face. I see Zane behind him smiling and waving. I wave to Zane with my good arm. I grin at Garte. D/N walks around me and sits beside me, growling at the guards. I hold my arm as I grin. This felt great. One sentence lingers on my mind.
"Better luck next time!" I smugly shout. I turn to walk away, D/N follows me. The guys are in shock. They follow me when I walk past. I lay my hand on D/N. What happened to you?

After an hour of walking, we were hungry, they didn't give us any food, only water. We stop off at a river we found. D/N immediately ran to drink some water leaving me with the guys. I look down at my arms. I had ripped off some strips off my cape to wrap around my arms to stop the bleeding.
"Are you okay?" I turn to see Garroth looking at me sweetly. I smile.
"Yeah, just feel bad for my arms." I chuckle. The makeshift bandages were wrapped tightly around my fore arms.
"You should wash them, c'mon." He motions for me to follow him, I do, he leads me to the river. It steadily flows downhill. It's quite peaceful out here. I sit cross legged and start unwrapping my bandages. Blood is stained on them. The large gash starts to bleed again. I sigh and dip my arm in the river. D/N comes and sits next to me. My blood flows in the river. It quickly disappears in the flow. I clean my bandages and wrap them tightly again. Garroth helps me wrap them. Both my arms are now wrapped in the remains of my cape. I liked that cape too... I take the remains of my cape out of my shoulder pads and leave it on the ground. I stand up.
"Thanks for helping." He nods.
"I'd prefer if you didn't hurt yourself so much." I smile.
"I would if I could. I'm just a trouble magnet." He chuckles at that. I feel someone hug me from behind and lift me up. I turn to see Travis smiling.
"Heeey baby." He puts me back on the ground while still hugging me.
"What's up?" He snuggles into my cheek. I blush slightly. His hairs really soft.
"Just wondering if you're okay. You did take a lot during that whole thing." I softly laugh. I look down. I see out of the corner of my eye Garroth still siting, but growling.
"I'm fine, thanks. Just glad it's over." He let's go.
"You and me both babe." I smile. I walk to the edge of the river and look out into the forest. I see something red in the trees.
"Ooo." I gasp. I back up and jump the river. I turn to see Aaron yelling my name. I turn around.
"Yessum?" He looks at me confused.
"Why did you jump that?" I grin.
"There's some apples over here! Stay there I'll be back in a second." I turn and jog to the apples. They look ripe too!