Chapter 22 : Broken Deals

Your POV

I couldn't believe the sight in front of me. It's him!
"I had at least thought you were a man of your word Garte. This is low, even for you." I stare at him blankly. I had a feeling he'd break his deal, I've met him before. He frowns, anger clearly shown in his eyes. His anger disappears a little and is replaced with a grin.
"Well when I had a plan, I couldn't use it on a normal person. I needed specifically you." Thoughts speed through my mind. What's that? Why me? Why now? Where are the guys? Did I feed D/N? I look to the floor. One main question was pestering me.
"And what may that be?" I look back up to him to see a sinister smile.
"Well, while you were asleep, I gave you a potion that took away your Energy magicks for a while. So I have to do this fast." I freeze. There's potions for that? Who am I kidding? There's probably a potion for everything. The potion didn't take it all away though... He continues.
"You will be a powerful shadow knight under my control. Fear will sweep the nation and like that, you will be the ultimate weapon." I scoff.
"Oh gee, how nice. Can't wait for this one." He chuckles at my sarcasm. He turns and motions for someone. A guard comes in carrying a barrel. I look closer. There's tiny writing on it, I can't read it. The guard looks blankly at me and hands Garte a metal cup.
"If you have done what I and your father asked, you wouldn't be in this predicament." I chuckle.
"I doubt that. Even if I married your son, I'm willing to bet you still would've tried this." He goes silent. Gotcha. He stiffens and removes the barrels lid. He dips the cup in. He pulls it out and black and red liquid flows from the top back into the barrel. I gulp. Fun...

Laurence's POV

"NO! Y/N DON'T!" I bang on the glass. It's sturdy... The guys watch in horror as the cup goes in and out of the barrel. Travis hesitantly speaks up.
"W-What is that?" I give up and bang my head gently on the glass.
"Shadow Knight serum... He's trying to turn her into one." I half whisper. I can make out shocked reflections on the glass.
"No! He can't do that! They had a deal!" Dante shouts and starts pounding on the glass.
"It's no use." We whip our heads to see a guard stand by the door. "That glass is almost unbreakable and it's sound proof. You can see and hear her, but she can't see or hear you." He gives us no emotion. I sigh and hang my head. I turn to see Garroth slump against the wall and slowly fall down. He's wearing his helmet but I can tell he's near crying. He puts his head in his hands.
"Why? S-She doesn't deserve this..." I feel for the guy...
"Drink up." I hear sinister laughter. We all stand close to the glass to see it unfold.

Your POV

Well, this'll hurt. The guards holds my head back and pours the liquid in my mouth. I use the little Energy I have to numb my insides. The liquid burns. It's feels like I could breathe fire, and that it would burn through my throat. It felt like swallowing boiling acid. I tried not to scream. Thank Irene I still have a tiny bit of Energy. I cough when he's done, my eyes tear up and turn to bloodshot. He frowns, but then grins widely again. I struggle to open my eyes, but I manage and stare at him. My eyes sting from the air.
"Well, aren't you tough? I'll keep going until you scream true pain." I close my eyes and feel my head being lifted. I try to focus on the nicer things. Phoenix Drop, D/N, my brother, the guys... Another cup of the liquid goes down my throat. It doesn't hurt as bad as the first thankfully. The pain flood my mind, taking out all the nice things I was previously thinking. When does it stop? I cough and splutter. Struggling for any air. I try swallowing my spit but I can't feel it. I weakly stare at  the dark man before me. What happened to him? He got corrupted from the smell of power. He glares at me and makes me drink another. I struggle to keep it inside. It'll be worse if I puke. Everything in my body wants to shut down, and I don't blame it. I close my eyes and fall unconscious...

Garroth's POV

I look at the man before her in disgust. How dare he! I look to Y/N and see her slouch, her delicate head falls forward, hanging down with her H/C hair falling in front of her. She seems to have shut down... I hear him yell.
"GAH! Why do you sleep now! Grrr, we'll finish this later L/N. You, grab that and follow." The guard reacts quickly, forcing the lid on the barrel on, taking the cup from Fathers hand and walks out. The clink of the door locking fills the silence. We all slump down. Relieved, but scared. Scared for her. We can't do anything. Travis looks close to tears, Aaron has his head in his hands, Laurence is hitting his head against the wall, Dante is nervously fiddling with his armor and I'm hugging my knees. What if she becomes a Shadow Knight? That's looks excruciatingly painful. I'd rather be there then her... Hopefully, something will change...