Chapter 16 : Day with Zvahl

Laurence's POV

"Where are you going all dressed up?" I look to see Garroth standing in the doorway in a plain white shirt and black boxers. I smirk.
"I'm going on a date with Y/N." I look at the mirror to see his angry face staring at me. I adjust my collar. I'm wearing a green plaid shirt, jeans and blue sneakers.
"And when did she say yes?" I pause.
"She didn't, but she said she'd hang out with me after her shift." He laughed.
"So it's not a date then?" I turn to face him. I shrug.
"I'm counting it as one." I walk past him with a smug look. He groans and goes to his room.

I walk to her house with some flowers. Hopefully she likes tulips. I walk up her stone path and knock. I look at the sunset and look back to see the door opening. She opens with a bright smile. She's wearing a black and grey hoodie with F/C shorts and F/C sneakers. She looks beautiful.
"Ready to go m'lady? These are for you." I say winking. She takes them and giggles.
"Thanks, give me a minute." I watch as she runs inside to put the flowers in vase. She walks back out and closes the door. I grab her hand, she tries resisting but it's no use. She laughs and gives in. I lead her through a guard tower near the back of the village. We walk to a little place I found while on patrol. A lake surrounded with flowers and closed off by trees. I motion for her to sit next to me by the bank.
"Wow, this place is beautiful. Nice find." I smirk.
"Anything for such a beautiful lady." She laughs.
"Anyways." I say as I pull her closer. "You still have to show me your Energy music thing." She giggles and nuzzles her head on my shoulder. I swear she's perfect.
"Okay, well, I could sing a song if you wanna listen to my bad singing." I shake my head.
"I'd love to listen to your bad singing." We laugh and she moves her hands to her lap. A F/C circle appears. It's made up of lots of tiny hexagons.
"What's that?" I ask.
"It's just what I do when I put on music, it makes it sound better." I nod.
"Actually, how does this Energy music thing work?" She giggles.
"Well, I can manipulate sound frequencies to make the music I think of. I have to know the song though." I hug tighter.
"Wow your smart." She laughs.
"Ready?"
"More then ever." I let go a little bit to give her some space. She takes a deep breath and the circle starts to, what I guess, beats.

Start song.

I've missed your calls for months it seems
Don't realize how mean I can be
'Cause I can sometimes treat the people
That I love like jewelry
'Cause I can change my mind each day
I didn't mean to try you on
But I still know your birthday
And your mother's favorite song

So I'm sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry that I can't believe that anybody ever really
Starts to fall in love with me
Sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry I could be so blind
Didn't mean to leave you
And all of the things that we had behind

Oh
Oh
Oh

I run away when things are good
And never really understood
The way you laid your eyes on me
In ways that no one ever could
And so it seems I broke your heart
My ignorance has struck again
I failed to see it from the start
And tore you open 'til the end

And I'm sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry that I can't believe that anybody ever really
Starts to fall in love with me
Sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry I could be so blind
Didn't mean to leave you
And all of the things that we had behind

And someone will love you
Someone will love you
But someone isn't me
Someone will love you
But someone isn't me

Sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry that I can't believe that anybody ever really
Starts to fall in love with me
Sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry I could be so blind
Didn't mean to leave you
And all of the things that we had behind

And someone will love you
Someone will love you
But someone isn't me
And someone will love you
Someone will love you
But someone isn't me

Your POV

I had my eyes closed during most of that. I open them to see the now fading sunset reflect of the lake. I turn to the side to see Laurence's jaw open. I giggle.
"How was my terrible singing?" He blinks and smiles.
"Better then an angels." He says pulling me closer.
"Pfft. Glad you enjoyed." I feel really warm being next to him, the cold breeze washes through occasionally though. He lifts his head up and puts his hand under my chin to lift my head up to his level. He smirks and I feel myself blush a little.
"You look lovely this evening." I smile.
"Thanks-" I'm cut off by his lips crashing into mine. I melt into it. He licks my lower lips, asking for an entrance, I playfully deny. I feel him frown. We pull apart after what felt like forever. Thanks Casanova. My feet dangle just above the water. I reach down and flick some water up to Laurence. He tries to dodge but still gets hit by a little. He pouts.
"Are you challenging me to a water fight?" He smirks. I look at him in horror as he picks me up bridal style and leans over the lake.
"No! Please not the water!" I scream. He chuckles. I cling to him tight.
"I might not, I don't mind how you're clinging to me." I roll my eyes and chuckle.
"Never mind drop me." He pouts then grins.
"Okay then." I screech in horror as he tries to drop me in the lake. I'm holding on for dear life. He finally stumbles and falls in the lake. With a splash we're both in the water. It's freezing and I feel like I'll die. Laurence's head pops up with a frown. I laugh and swim over to him. I try to drag him underneath, it almost works. He goes under the water and I can't see him. I feel something grab my leg. I get dragged under and see Laurence smiling while he lets go of my leg. He grabs my hands and pulls me closer. I let go of some air bubbles. He gets the hint and we swim up. We gasp for air when we hit the surface. The cold air hits my face and I immediately get goosebumps. He picks me up bridal style and walks out of the lake. He lays me down on the grass. I shiver really badly. He sits down next to me and hugs me tight.
"T-That was a b-bad idea..." I half laugh.
"Y-Yeah, it's really c-cold.." We stay huddled together for awhile and watch the stars.

When we're warm enough, we get up and head back to town. We walk up to my house and I open the door.
"Do you wanna come in? Nathan could lend you some clothes." He shakes his head.
"It's late, you need your rest. And besides, I'll be fine." I smile.
"Well, thanks for the great time Laurence." He smirks.
"No problem beautiful, see you tomorrow." He winks at me. I laugh and say goodbye. I close the door and immediately go upstairs to get changed into my pajamas. I dry myself of and get dressed in a grey hoodie and leggings. I peek in Nathan's room and sure enough, he's fast asleep with D/N sleeping on the end of his bed. I smile and close the door. I jump on my bed and go to sleep. What a day.