Chapter 29 : Its Good to be Home

Garroth's POV

I had just finished my shift and was now back at the camp. It's Y/N's shift, but I don't want to wake her up, she looks so peaceful and beautiful. Although shes with Dante... Yeah time to wake her up. I walk over and crouch down in front of her. I reach out and gently shake her shoulder. Her E/C eyes open and she instantly smiles.
"Good morning." She half whispers. I blush. Dang it Garroth.
"G-Good morning." I half whisper back. She looks to her side to see a sleeping Dante. She snickers and wiggles out of his grasp.
"I take it it's my turn?" She says while yawning and stretching. I nod. She reaches down and grabs her bow. It's F/C with distinctive patterns carved into it, the ends of the bow are sharp and crafted expertly. It clicks onto her back. She then looks to her bandaged arms and frowns.
"Waste of a good cape.." She sighs. I lightly chuckle. She turns and smiles. "Better then bleeding out though." She goes to walk off. "Have a nice nap." She says waving back.

Your POV

Time for my shift. I leave Garroth with a wave. I need to get these arms healed when we get back. I hear the sound of footsteps and clinking armor. Garroth appears next to me, matching my pace.
"I-If it's alright, I'd l-like to stay with you." He says stuttering. I chuckle and nod. I can't resist his little stutters.
"Of course, but aren't you tired?" I ask. He grins sheepishly.
"Not really. And besides, two hour naps don't do much." I grin and nod.

We walk a little away, towards the river and apple tree, I had to get some apples for the journey back. It's a long walk and I can guarantee someone's going to get hungry. We reach the river and jump it, Garroth struggles to make the distance again. I whip out my bow and around ten F/C appear and encircle me.
"Ready?" He nods. I did what I did previously, trying not to hurt myself.

I pull out the arrows in the tree trunk and they all disappear. I holster my bow and walk to Garroth, who's putting the last apples and bananas in the brown sack. We found flying in the breeze last night. Handy much. He ties the sack up and stands triumphantly.
"Think that's enough?" I say peering at the bag. He nods.
"Should be, but we are traveling with Travis." I laugh. Yeah Travis can eat all right.

I look up at the sky. It was turning to dawn. Through the trees showed fading stars and a warm light appearing from the east. I look back down to see Garroth staring at my arms. He had a look of guilt stricken across his face. He looked straight sad and anger.
"You okay?" I say sweetly. He looks at me, then back to the bandages that were stained with a deep red. He sighs.
"I just wish I could've protected you. This is my fault..." He says seriously, but also sadly. He turns away after a second. I smile sadly.
"It was my fault. I'm the one who tried to play hero and got hurt." He still doesn't look at me.
"I just wish I could help..." He mumbles. I step forward and hug him. It takes him a few seconds to hug back. He slowly strokes my hair.
"You help me more then you know. Nothings your fault." I say, balancing on my tippy toes.
"Thanks.." He says huskily into my ear, sending chills down my spine. I step back and smile brightly while blushing.
"Feel better?" I say grinning. He steps forwards, closing a gap between us.
"Not quite.." He cups my face and brings his face closer. I raise an eyebrow as his lips meet mine. I close my eyes and melt into the kiss. After awhile we pull apart, both blushing messes.
"N-Now I am." He says shakily as he steps back. I know I'm grinning like an idiot.
"Wanna head back to the camp?" I say. He nods and picks up the sack of fruit.
"Let's."

Laurence's POV

I was the first to wake up. I noticed that Y/N was gone, most likely doing her shift, but I also noticed that Garroth was gone too. Grr. I bet he's with her. I sigh as I stand up and walk over to Travis. I crouch down and shake him awake. He looks tiredly at me and rolls over.
"No..." He groans, yawning. I shake him again, but softer.
"It's dawn." He sits and looks at the sky.
"Curse you sun, interrupting my beauty sleep.." He angrily mumbles. I shrug it off and walk over to wake the rest of the guys up.

When everyones awake, there's still no sign of Y/N and Garroth. Weird...
"This isn't fair." Travis says, pouting at the words. I give him a questioning look. He looks fed up.
"Garroth got to hang out with Y/N yesterday as well. Unfair!" He screeched the last part, making it clear. Aaron sighs and Dante shrugs.
"Well, it's expected, it was his job to wake her up for her shift." Dante says matter if factly.
"He's right." I say, shrugging. Travis still looks annoyed. We hear footsteps crunching along the grass and leaves. We turn to see Y/N and Garroth back with another bag of fruit.
"You guys ready to go?"

{Three hours later}

We were finally approaching Phoenix Drop, we could see its walls in between the trees and brush. That journey took way too long, nonetheless we made it. Y/N was ecstatic that we've finally made it. It's cute. We walk up to the gate and signal for the guy up in the tower to open the gate. The guy was clearly happy to see us.

The gate opened to reveal an excited women in a purple dress, with amber eyes and raven hair.
"THANK IRENE YOUR ALL BACK!!" She runs knocks over Y/N in her mad dash to greet us. We all laugh as Y/N is almost suffocated.
Aph..mau.. can't.. bre..athe." She says, struggling to speak, which only made us laugh more. They stand up and Aphmau apologizes.
I'm sorry! I'm just glad you're ba-.." She trails off when she looks at Y/N's arms.Y/N follows her gazes and smiles weakly. Aphmau looks shocked.
"What happened to you!?" Aph picks up her arm and examines it frantically.
"It's fine Aph. But there's someone you should meet." Aph's worry is replaced by curiosity. Oh yeah, him. Y/N turns to us. We step apart to reveal a large wolf, with blue crystal spikes sticking out of its left legs and the left side of its face. Needless to say, it was D/N. Aphmau was about to scream but Y/N covered her mouth just in time. D/N just sat, staring at Aph.
"It's okay, it's D/N! Shh." They exchanged glances. I step back and pat D/N, his fur was surprisingly soft. Showing Aph that he's fine. She breathed a sigh of relief. Y/N smiles and gives me a thumbs up. Aph steps forwards and cautiously pets him.
"What... What happened to you all." We give each other nervous glances.
"We should sit down for this story. Beware, it's a long one." Dante says. Aphmau nods and leads us to her house.