Chapter 11 : Jealousy Strikes

Dante's POV

I'm currently doing my morning duty. It's boring so I decide to do a few rounds around town and get a coffee with the guys. I see Garroth and Travis chatting next to the gate. I make my way over to them.
"Yeah whatever, I bet I can do better then that!" Garroth says. They must be talking about some challenge or something. Travis looks mad though.
"Just try it, I bet she likes my idea of a date then yours anyway." Okay, never mind its about Y/N.
"I heard something about dates?" Both their heads turn to me. Garroth had a smirk and Travis was unhappy.
"Yeah, I wanted to ask Y/N to hangout later today. Is she up?" Garroth asks me. I nod.
"Yeah, Laurence woke her up not too long ago." Garroth growls. Woah dude, I'm just the messenger. Travis looks upset even more. He has that look of jealousy. I have an idea.
"Why does Laurence get to wake her up. It should be me. I was the first..." He mumbled the last part, but I had a feeling as to where he was going. Garroth nodded in agreement. Our 'half' conversation was interrupted by the gate opening. We all whipped our heads around to see this guy on a black horse stroll in. I looked at the guys and sure enough, we didn't know him. He looked at us and stopped. He had H/C hair and reddish orange eyes, and cloaked in full iron and ruby armor with a red cape. He wasn't a shadow knight, but he seemed... different.
"Ah, hello fellas." He had a slick voice and a happy grin. "This wouldn't happen to be Phoenix Drop would it?" We looked between us and nodded. He smirked.
"Don't worry, I'm not a threat. I'm actually looking for someone. Do you know a Y/N?" We all froze. What did HE want with her. Garroth was the first to say something.
"Um, yes. What is your business with her?" He looked away.
"I am here to see her. We are... quite close." We all looked angry. Thankfully he was looking at the town and not at us. That's when Laurence walked around the corner with Y/N. Great. Thanks bro. I looked back to him, he was smiling at her.

Your POV

I was walking with Laurence to the guard tower. He said that the jobs were updated and wanted me to check them out. So after a quick breakfast, we went. When we walked around the corner to the guards tower, I saw Garroth, Dante and Travis talking to someone with a black horse next to the gate. I looked harder at the new person and was shocked.
"NATHAN!" Laurence looked really surprised when I started screaming and running him. I don't think I've told the guys that my brother Nathan was coming to visit. Whoops. Oh well, HE'S HERE! I jump into his hug and he spins me around.
"Glad to see your excited to see me," I look up. His eyes look more red then what I remember. I get out of the hug and start jumping up and down.
"Well duh! I can't believe you found this place." He smiled and hugged me again.
"I wouldn't miss seeing you for the world." I smile. Irene am I happy to see that he hasn't died yet. How could he even live without me?
"Awww thanks. Good to see you care." He let's go of me and we face the guys. Laurence was standing by the guy now. They were all giving me this look of disbelief. Why do they look so betrayed? I give a confused look, then spoke up.
"Guys, I'd like you to meet Nathan!" They snap back into it.
"Nathan, this is Travis, Garroth, Laurence and Dante." I point to them as I call their names. Nathan smiles.
"It's nice to meet you guys." I give them a smile. Are they jealous? They have that look...
"Guys, Nathan is my b-."
"Boyfriend." He covers my mouth and says that. I want to kill him. I look at the guys and their faces are white as ghosts. Then they turn really red. Uh oh. I manage to get Nathan's hand off my mouth. I was about to say something when Laurence speaks up.
"You had a boyfriend all this time?! And you didn't tell us?!" Woah he's mad.
"No you don't understand, h-."
"Oh we understand all right?!" This Garroth interrupted me. They are all so mad. Nathan I am going to STRANGLE YOU!
"Wait no I-."
"Oh its fine, it's just our FEELINGS Y/N!" Travis was yelling at me now. Dante just looked disappointed while trying to calm them down. I feel like crying.
"OKAY, SHUT UP!" I scream. "Would you let me clarify!" They all freeze. Finally. My voice cracks.
"Nathan is NOT my boyfriend! He's my brother!" They all look shook. Was I too loud?
"I-I um," Travis try's saying something.
"I-I didn't know, he just..." Laurence says quickly. Garroth just looks embarrassed. They all do. I turn back to Nathan. He's trying so hard to not laugh. But he meets my cold stare he turns pale. I jump on him and start strangling him. Not enough so he can't breathe though. When he taps out I sit there and scold him.
"Why would you do that?! That was so horrible." I eventually sink and try to hide in my tears. He sits up and pats my back.
"I-I'm sorry N/N, I thought it could be funny. I was wrong." I manage to keep in the tears. Warriors don't cry Y/N.
"I-Its okay, just do NOT do that again." He nods and we get up. The boys look ashamed. Garroth was the first to speak.
"I'm s-so sorry f-for that outburst Y-Y/N. I s-should've heard the full s-story..." The others nod in agreement. I give them a crooked smile and pull them in for a group hug.
"It's fine, I'm just glad that's over..." We pull apart. Whew that was intense. That still kinda hurt though. Oh well, it was just a misunderstanding, and an annoying brother... They all look sad so I smile, they cheer up a little. Amazing how I can do that. I turn to Nathan's horse.
"Hey Midnight." I say while petting her nose. She neighs happily. I say goodbye to everyone and walk Midnight to the stables. Nathan can look around on his own.

-