Chapter 8 : The Boys

Laurence's POV:

I cant believe she kicked our butts! I could tell we were all trying hard, guess she's just that good. And she didn't even use her powers. That girls good. The guys are pretty upset. And who can blame them? We got beat 5 v 1 in OUR town. We gotta cheer up. Travis finally spoke up.
"Well," he sighed, we all looked at him, "at least we got beat by one heck of a cutie." We all nodded and said yeah, even Aaron, I didn't think he would take a liking to Y/N, just more competition for me. I'm positive all the guys like her. I get it but come on, I wanted her first. My thoughts were interrupted by Dante.
"Well now that Y/N is a guard with us, we're gonna be seeing her soon." I straighten. Oh yeah, she has to report here everyday. Travis spoke next.
"Sorry fellas, but that cutie is mine. I call dibs." He looks intensely at all us, we just stare back. Garroth spoke next.
"Hang on no, that can't be how it works." Travis shrugged. I spoke next.
"It should be something other then dibs." Everyone nodded, even Aaron. That's when we start a yelling match.

Your POV

I walked in. Today's my first day of being a guard, shouldn't be too bad. That's when I hear the boys arguing about something. Are they're still caught up on yesterday? I'm wearing what I wore yesterday, except I got a F/C scale chest plate from the blacksmith, it's so cool. I walk up to see them yelling. I had to speak up.
"What's got you guys so fired up? You look pumped." They all turn to see me leaning against the doorframe. They all struggle to find words, all they say is a mix of 'uhs, well, um'. I walk to get a coffee, there was a hot one that someone made so I took it and sat next to Garroth and Dante in the circle of tables. They all stare at me... again... I should be used to this right? I smile awkwardly and they blink.
"So where do I see where my duties are?" Laurence spoke first.
"You just missed it beautiful, next to the stairs there's a poster where all the guards names are and what duties they have. Your name should be there by now." He winked and I lightly laughed. I stood up and started to walk that way, I turned to face them in the doorway.
"Thanks! And I dunno about the beautiful part." I giggle as I walk away to go and check what my duties are.

Aaron's POV

As soon as she left, all the guys gave Laurence a death glare, he couldn't see my eyes because of my bandana, but if looks could kill he'd be dead from mine. There's just something's about her. Her confidence, her humor, her beauty. Gah, I can't love someone, can I? Why am I even feeling like this. This is stupid.

Travis' POV

While all the guys were death staring Laurence, including me, I stepped out to go talk to Y/N. Hopefully she's still at the board. Yes! She's still looking at it. Travis, don't screw this up. What am I saying? I'm gooood. I walk up to her and hug her from behind. She's surprised but then looks to who it is. Her E/C are sparkling when she looks at me. She's perfect. I'm surprised she's not struggling to much. She talks while looking at the board and slightly struggling.
"Hey Travis, whatcha want?"
"Welll..."

Your POV

Uh oh.
"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me later today?" Whys he still hugging me? I thought about it for a bit. Yeah why not? Could be fun.
"Sure, sounds good. When?"

Travis' POV

NO WAY! ACTUALLY?! Stay calm Travis. I wasn't expecting that. I hug her tighter. For some reason, it feels so great when I hold her. Maybe it's that Energy she has?
"How about dusk? It'll give me enough time to prepare for you cutie." I put my head on her shoulder, I could tell that she was blushing, so was I though.
"Sounds good, luckily I have duty from now to late afternoon. I gotta go do guard things, see you then." Dang it, she wriggled out of my grasp. I'm just so glad she actually said yes. Y'know, after getting rejected so many times from Katelyn, it's nice to have a girl say yes.

Garroth's POV

I think Travis went downstairs, he's been gone for awhile. The rest of us guys were drinking coffee thinking about what we could do to get Y/N. We didn't share our ideas, so it was silent. Travis bounding up the stairs like a kid at his birthday party. He had this huge grin on his face. Uh oh.
"Guess who's got a date today!" Oh no he didn't! Dante asked him with who. Why Dante. I think I know the answer. Please let me be wrong.
"It's Y/N! First moves mine!" Everyone was silent. I think Travis is rethinking his decision of telling us. Everyone was giving his a death glare.
"Uh gotta go!" And with that he ran out the room. Aaron tried tripping him, he jumped over his foot.
"Ughhh." Laurence was annoyed. I have a feeling that at least one of us will sabotage the date.

-