Chapter 17 : Bitter Arguments

Aaron's POV

I woke up to the sound of bickering. I reluctantly get up and get dressed. My armor is mostly black with silver outlines, my armor limbs have red on them. I sigh as I walk out of my room. Living in the guard tower is nice, the guys normally keep quiet, but not today it seems... Irene make it stop. I walk out to see Travis, Lawrence and Garroth yelling at each other. Dante is standing to the side joining in occasionally. I walk over to Dante. He's too occupied to say hi.
"What are they yelling about?" I say. We keep staring at the guys while speaking.
"Which one of them should be Y/N's boyfriend, it's ridiculous." He looked down while saying this. What?! I have to break this up.
"Guys!" They all turn towards me. "Why don't we have a friendly competition, to see who can win Y/N's heart?" All the guys' expressions change to more a passive grin.
"Deal!" The four other guys say in unison. But Travis has to ruin the half-peace.
"This should be easy, I'm irresistible!" Lawrence, Dante, Garroth and myself glare at him.
"No! I'm way more charming then you!" Lawrence yells, and we're back... I'm pulled away from the screaming match by the sound of quick footsteps coming up the stairs. Uh oh.

Your POV

I walk over to the guards tower to get a coffee. Irene knows I need one about now. I walk in the doorway to hear muffled yells. Is someone dying? Or are the guys arguing? I bet on the second one and walk up the stairs. Aaron is the first to notice me, he's wearing his red bandana and armor. He smiles at me. Dante is standing next to Aaron, looking blankly and joining in to the mess. I look over to see Travis, Laurence and Garroth yelling at each other. I lean in the doorway.
"Hey guys, what happened?" Everyones head, except Aaron's, whips around to look at me shocked. For a split second, the room is quiet. Peace at last.
"You do realize probably half of Phoenix Drop can hear you guys." I say matter of factly. I start giggling. I stroll across the room to grab a coffee. I get one in a take away cup and turn around to face them again. I can't help but laugh.
"What are you guys drilling each other for? You all look pretty mad." Laurence and Travis struggle to come up with an answer. Garroth just looks away. Dante speaks.
"They're arguing about you, about, things..." I try to not act surprised, but I can tell I'm blushing a little. The three guys stare daggers at him. He shrugs and sips his coffee.
"Yeah okay, you guys shouldn't be fighting. And over me of all people... I'm going to the stables." I wave and walk out the door. Why are they fighting over me?

Dante's POV

The room was pretty quiet. Travis spoke up, destroying the silence.
"We should stop, this isn't getting us anywhere.." He helps Garroth up out of his chair.
"Sorry guys, I shouldn't have acted that way.." Travis scratched the back of his head.
"Yeah sorry bros, that was out of character.." Laurence says sadly. They all looks happier.
"Sorry, I shouldn't have been yelling as well."
"Got that right." Aaron says. Does he like Y/N as well? Or was he upset that we woke him up? I wouldn't have thought that Aaron liked Y/N though...
Everyone awkwardly walks out, going to do their duties. How does one girl make us do this?

Your POV

I think as I groom and feed the horses. It isn't my job to do this, I just wanna do it. Midnight has settled quite well here, and D/N likes to play with the horses. My thoughts are interrupted by Midnights neigh. I snap back to see that I was brushing one of her ears. I smile.
"Sorry there girl, my heads full of thoughts." I sigh. I finish grooming her mane. Looks like I've finished with her for now. I stroke her nose and say goodbye. I move to the next horse. This ones a cheeky one. His name is Hyman. He's half grey and black with a white nose. It looks like someone smothered his nose in vanilla ice cream. I pet him and brush his mane while he nudges my cape. I wouldn't mind riding him, he's a sweet and playful horse, also very fast. I laugh when he tries gnawing my forearm. It doesn't hurt to much, but it's tickles. I expel a light Energy blast from my arm. He stops and rests his head on my head. It's hard getting his huge head off of mine, but I manage it and turn to leave. He neighs, as if to say don't go. I smile, close the door and look at him. He huffs and starts eating. I look to my boots to see D/N sitting there with his tongue out.
"Yeah okay we can go now."

We walk out of the stables and head for the plaza. I have no big duties except to patrol and help anyone in need. I look around and see my brother next to someone. I look closer to see that it's Lucinda. They seem to be having a nice conversation. They walk away, near the outskirts of the town I suppose. I internally scream. Thank IRENE. I always wanted him to get a girlfriend. Lucindas nice, I hope they get along. I turn towards the front gate and start walking. I see Aphmau there. Wonder what she's up to? The gates open and I see some people. People I regret seeing...