Bonus Ending : Zane

Your POV

I was taking a stroll through the forest. I wasn't allowed to be on duty, so I thought a nice stroll would be good. I wore a black plaid shirt with my F/C cape attached, white shorts and dark brown combat boots. I also had my bow and a satchel of arrows draped on my shoulder, just in case. There was nothing but the soft chirping of birds and the flutter of leaves. I should come out here more often, it's nice and peaceful. I hear footsteps and the crunching of leaves. I quickly whip out my bow and prepare an arrow. I pull back and aim in the forest. I didn't have my Energy, so I couldn't sense if anyone was there. Then again, that's why we have instincts.

I watch as a male with black hair and a dark cloak appears from the trees. His icy blue eyes staring into my eyes. I felt frozen for a moment.
"Wait... Y/N?" He said, apparent shock in his voice. I nod and lower my weapon.
"It's nice to see you again Zane." I say smiling. He pulls his hands out of his pockets and walks up to me. He's slightly taller then me, so I have to look up when he approaches me. I smile.
"I would've thought royalty needed company when wandering in the woods." I say sarcastically. He smiles, then looks behind him.
"My guards are back there. I just wanted to be alone for awhile." He turns back to me. His eyes seem happy but I can't tell for sure. He has a mask covering his mouth.

"I've been meaning to say thank you for everything." I say, he raises an eyebrow.
"I thought you would have forgotten all that." He says matter-of-factly. I shake my head.
"Of course not. I can't easily forget such a great time." I say sarcastically and grinning. He chuckles.
"I'm sorry that happened. I should have known what was happening and controlled it." He says with guilt. He was fiddling with his hands. What was he nervous about?

He turns back to me with sad eyes, I give him a reassuring smile.
"It's fine. I'm me, and not a shadow knight." I say brightly. "I was wondering... why did you help me?" I say, tilting my head and staring up at him. He clears his throats and sighs.
"I-I don't know. I felt like I needed to help. Which is strange for me..." He trails off.
"Let me guess, your reputation?" He nods and chuckles.
"Yeah, that. It's not all that peaceful. Many people want me dead." He stares at me. "I'm surprised you didn't try to harm me when I entered your cell. You must have known who I was. Why?" He asks curiously. I shrug.
"I knew about you, but I didn't think too much of it. When I saw you enter I'll admit, I was interested in what you'd do. I've had, brief, tellings of what you do. I'm glad I didn't hurt you." I smile. He looks lost.
"Why is that?" He asks cautiously.
"It's because, your really nice and caring Zane. I don't think many people view you as that, but I do." I smile up at him. "Even if your methods are a tad off." I say jokingly.

He chuckles lightly and leans down, getting closer to my face. He stares in my eyes. I feel like he was examining me. He holds a finger under my chin and raises it a bit.
"Your eyes... What happened?" He says, concerned. I sigh.
"I have lots to tell you then." He looks confused. He leans back, backing away slightly and lowering his hand.
"Go on then." I fiddle with my cape as I prepare the tale in my head.
"Well, a couple months back, a dragon attacked Phoenix Drop." I look to him calmly. He nods, taking it in. Surely he knows about it. He went to say something, then stopped. I shrug.
"My brother and I slayed it, it also cost me a lot. I was unconscious for those two months with broken bones, bruises. All sorts of things wrong with me. I would have recovered sooner if I still had my Energy. But, as a result of using so much whilst fighting the dragon, I'm unable to use it at this time, making my eyes turn grey for now." I stare at him, he was nodding while staring back.

"I'm, sorry to hear that happened. Are you alright now?" He asks concerned. I nod and smile.
"I'm fine. But the guys have banned me from working for awhile, so I'm upset over that." He chuckles lightly.
"I'm glad. I never would have pictured you as a guard though." He says.
"It's something I've always wanted. To be able to protect the people I love. Not shout down from atop a throne." I say giggling. I swear he smiled for a moment.

"Do you love anyone Y/N?" He questions calmly. I pause and think.
"I... haven't decided." I say slowly, looking down. He grabs both my hands and I immediately look up to his calm, icy eyes. I give him a questioning look.
"Because I've found someone I-I like." He says, slightly stuttering. Must be a Ro'Meave brother thing. I smile brightly at him.
"I'm glad. If you don't mind me asking, who?" He leans down and hugs me. I'm quite confused, but hug back as well.
"You." He says, rubbing circles on my back. I freeze. No. Way. I shake a little
"I'm glad we feel the same." He pulls back and looks at me. I don't think he was expecting me to reply like that. His icy blue eyes full of wonder and happiness.
"W-Wait. Really?" He asks, as if to confirm my sentence. I laugh at his surprise.
"You helped me when I had nothing. I owe you, and, I honestly liked you the second I saw you." I say blushing. He grabs my hand.
"Why don't I take you to Oh'Kasis? I'll even get Father to apologize. And I'll have you escorted back to Phoenix Drop." He says, happiness tracing his voice. I smile and lean onto him.
"I'd like that a lot, thanks Zane."