Chapter 31 : Back to Normal

Your POV

Everything was finally back to normal. The guys and I were welcomed back by everyone we saw, it was great. Despite appearances and some complicated explaining, D/N is settling in well with everyone, especially the children. They liked to ride him, like a big fluffy, menacing, goofy horse. The parents were skeptical at first, but once they saw that he was gentle and able to listen clearly to my commands, they were fine with it.

I walk outside, ready to start my day of whatever I have as my job. I whistle and D/N comes bounding out from the basement. He sprints out the door, nearly knocking me over, and immediately rolls in the grass. I close the door and giggle.
"Still a little pup aren't you?" I say while crouching down and petting his head.
"He sure doesn't look like it." I look up to see Aaron smiling at me, wearing his new black and red armor.
"Yeah. He's so goofy for a big, scary wolf thing." I say as I get up. D/N sits up. "I'm on my way to see my job for today. You know what it is?" I ask. He shakes his head.
"Wouldn't know. Mind if I accompany you?" I shake my head.
"Not at all. Let's go." And like that, we made our way to the guards tower.

As we approach the board, we see Travis and Dante studying it. I put a finger to my mouth, as to saw shh to Aaron and quietly walk behind them. I turn to see Aaron give a thumbs up and D/N peers from the doorway.
"Can we swap shifts?" Dante pleads.
"Pfft no. I really like this one." Travis says mockingly. Dante crosses his arms.
"Traviiis. You're meant to be my wingman!" He says, pouting.
"As are you! This could be good for me." I quickly jump in between them.
"BOO!" I yell. Travis screams like a girl and jumps into Dante's arms. Dante also yells. I fall back on the wall and laugh loudly.
"That was so good!" I say, trying to calm myself. Travis and Dante both look upset. Travis jumps down from Dante's arms and crosses his arms again, Dante does the same.
"That was not funny!" Dante's pouts.
"It was pretty funny." Aaron says, holding back laughs as well. Both their eyes go wide.
"You were watching?" They both say, clearly embarrassed. He nods.
"Nice jump Travis." Aaron says patting his back.

Dante quickly picks me up and tosses me over his shoulder. My bow goes flying off my back and falls to the floor.
"Gah! Dante! Put me down." I say, trying to hit him, but he's wearing armor. I can sense he has a wide grin. I look at the board whilst over his shoulder. Town patrol with Travis. Great.
"You're gonna pay for scaring us." He says as he spins around, making me dizzy. When he stop, I can hear Aaron and Travis laughing.
"Put me down." I say, not very convincingly.
"No way. Loving the view by the way babe." I immediately blush and kick out my right leg. I hit something and I hear a Travis-like grunt. I'm sure I hit him. Aaron descends into laughter. I put a hand on Dante's blue head and try to pull myself up. It doesn't do much by make Dante grunt.

He finally puts me down. I grab my bow and throw my hands in the air.
"Freedom!" I yell. I look at Travis, who was now rubbing his face while sitting against the wall.
"You can pack a kick." He says blankly. I smirk and shrug.
"You deserved it." Dante chimes in. I point to him.
"Yup." I say. Travis bounces back up and grabs my hand.
"Well, we have patrol. Let's go!" He says yanking me out of the guard tower and away from the confused faces of Aaron and Dante. I try getting my hand of his grip, but it doesn't work, well, until D/N stepped in between us and growled at him. I pet him and he goes back to his goofy self. I look ahead and see two kids that I've never seen before. I walk up to them. They both turn to look at me. One was a young boy, with brown hair and green eyes, the other one looked a little older, with blonde hair and blue eyes. They looked like some guards I know... They both smiled brightly and rushed up to me and Travis.
"Are you Y/N?" The blonde haired one said hopefully. I smile and bend down to their level.
"Yup. What are your names?" The brown haired one giggled.
"I'm Malachi, and this is my brother Levin!" He said, saying carefully but very enthusiastically. His brother, Levin, smiled and nodded.
"Yup! We were told you were great friends with our mom!" I think.
"Who's your mom?"
"Aphmau!" Malachi says cutely. I freeze and then look at Travis. He looks back at me just as stunned. I stand up.
"Can you two take me to her?" They looked confused but nod and lead us both to her purple house.

We walk inside and see Aphmau with another women sitting at a table. She smiles when she sees me and Travis. The other women seemed to have elf ears and golden blonde hair. She turned to me with blue eyes when she noticed Aphmau looking. She smiles when she sees Levin and Malachi standing next to me.
"Hey Y/N! This is Zoey, she just moved in." I walk over and extend a hand.
"It's nice to meet you." She shakes my hand with a smile. Aphmau motions to Travis.
"And this is Travis, one of my guards." Travis also walks over and shakes her hand.
"Nice to meet you baby." He says. She raises an eyebrow. then shrugs. I elbow him in the gut. He huffs for air before dropping to the ground.
"It's nice to meet the both of you." She says politely. I nod then turn to Aphmau.
"I didn't know you were a mom." I say, a little shocked that she didn't tell me. She nervously laughs.
"Sorry, I was so wrapped up that I forgot to tell you." I smile broadly.
"So, who's the lucky guy?" She blushes a deep red and waves her hands around.
"N-No one! Their adopted." She says sighing. I nod.
"Ohh. Got ya. That's so cool." I say encouragingly. She beams.
"Thanks, I'm glad you found out." I nod.
"Same." We talk about a few more things then Travis and I walk out. That was different.

As we walk down to the plaza, I look behind us and notice something. I nudge Travis.
"We're, uh, kind of missing something here." He turns around.
"What? A kiss." He says, stepping closer, wiggling his eye brows. I cross my arms.
"No it's not that." He looks disappointed.
"Then what?" I stare at him blankly.
"Y'know, big, crystal, scary wolf." He smacks his forehead lightly.
"Oh, that." I giggle and continue walking towards the plaza.
"Let's find him."

About 5 minutes of light looking around, we find him with about 10 kids trying to ride him. It looked like he was having a blast. Kids were tumbling off and immediately climbing back on. It was funny to watch, apparently Travis thought so too. Garroth and Laurence came around the corner and started laughing at the pile of kids trying to mount the beast. They eventually walk by and give high fives to the kids. We saw it all unfold. D/N stood up of his hind legs and toppled on Laurence. He went down with a heavy thud, his armor clinking as he fell. Garroth was laughing while trying to get D/N to move, but he wouldn't budge.
"Please get off!" Laurence said with a hint of fear in his voice. D/N just rolled on him, making escape impossible. The kids however, started to pile up on him. Jumping from every side and sitting on either him or D/N. Travis and I were on the ground laughing. It's not everyday you see a wolf take down a 'high and mighty' guard by laying in him. Garroth was laughing his head of as well. I manage to stand and walk over, standing next to the fallen Laurence.
"You alright there?" He looks at me as if to say 'really?'
"I feel like I'm getting squashed. Can you get him off?" He said smiling at himself. I chuckle.
"That depends." I say, sitting next to him. "This is really funny."
"I'll do anything." He says winking. I playfully roll my eyes and stand. I whistle and D/N immediately stands up, causing the kids to topple. Laurence reaches up with his fist.
"Freedom!" He stands up and pats himself down. Garroth stands to my side.
"Aww that was funny." He says, still laughing a little. I giggle. Back to normal.