Chapter 25 : Escaping

Garte's POV

I'm sitting on my throne, the armrests are worn, I've taken my anger out on the armrests by hitting it repeatedly. What is Zane thinking? Helping that demon. He has no idea what she's capable of! She could end all wars, create a new fear, and I could control her! He's not thinking straight. Irene he's useless at times... He needs to learn how to rule. I still have a lot left to teach him apparently...
"Sir!" I look at a guard who's now standing at the bottom of my throne.
"What is it?" I ask.
"We found something trying to get in." I think of what it might be.
"Bring it to me."

Your POV

~The next day~

I wake up lying against the far wall of the room. I try to stand and feel my back stiffen. I groan as I stretch. Dang that was uncomfortable... I stop instantly when I feel it. My Energy! It's back! Zane thank you! I look frantically at my hands to see them produce a bright F/C glow. I raise my fist in triumph. I look at the door. I could easily break it now. Or... should I wait for Zane? He may wonder where I am... Nah, it'll be fine. My face feels weird... That may be the effect of my Energy returning. I shrug it off, and walk to the doors. I get a thought and stop just before it. I should scan the area, scan for any guards. I close my eyes and send off an invisible Energy burst. There's no one outside the door right now. I turn to my right. There's five white outlines. Wait, five? Could they be the guys?! I open my eyes and touch the black tinted glass. I can't see through it. A dull reflection stares back.

Travis' POV

"Y/N! Y/N!" I scream. She just woken up and is now touching the glass. Garroth put his hand against the glass, where hers are. Does she know we're here? She opens her eyes. Her gentle E/C eyes were full of happiness as they look at the glass. She smiled and took her hand off of the glass. She turned towards the door. She put her hand on the lock and F/C particles slithered from the lock up her arm. Was she taking its Energy? The lock turns from a clean metal to a rust. She stands back and kicks it, it comes off and bangs on the floor. She woke up at a perfect time, the guards are having breakfast. She walks out the door. I don't see her anymore as she closes the door behind her. Where did she go? She'd never leave us, would she? No! She wouldn't! Just as I'm arguing with myself, a bang cuts me off from my thoughts. I look to the door, and see beauty.

Your POV

~A few moments earlier~

I'm not sure if that's them or not, it could be some random prisoners. I reach and put my hand on the glass and close my eyes. I still see the white outlines staring at me, most of then were banging on the wall. Weird. The closest one reaches out and puts his hand against mine. That's all the evidence I need. Thanks helmet head. I open my eyes and smile happily. Time to get out of here...

I close the door and look down the corridor. There's about four more rooms... The one the guys are is the one next to mine I suppose. The iron door is locked. I touch the lock and take its Energy. It clangs on the floor and I immediately open the door, making the chains fall as well. The guys jump and then give me happy looks.
"Y/N!" They all say. I smile and shh them.
"Hey guys! I missed you." I half whisper and squeal. I jump up and down like a kid on Christmas. I reach for the lock on their jail cell. The particles again slither up my arm and I absorb them. The lock clangs the floor and the door swings open. The guys instantly jump out to hug me. It felt nice to have a group hug. We pull apart.
"How have you guys been?" They all look ecstatic.
"Not the same without you beautiful." Laurence winks. The guys glare. I turn to my left, my smile fading. It's the room I was in. They could see me that whole time. I turn back to see guilty faces.
"So, you guys could see me the whole time?" I say blankly. Now that's just... creepy. They nod.
"That's... weird..." Aaron turns to the glass and speaks up.
"And we heard everything..." I chuckle.
"That's even weirder..." I reply. Dante scratches his neck.
"We saw you with Zane... Why was he so nice?" I shrug.
"I don't know. I've never met him before. He seems cool though." The guys give me a worried look.
"We can talk later, we need to get out first." Aaron says. I nod.
"Yeah true. C'mon!" I rush out the door with them following close behind. We make it outside. Why were there no guards? I look at all the people going on with their daily life. This place was packed. Escaping may be harder then I thought... I look to the guys for any answers, but like me, they're looking around aimlessly. We walk towards the front gates. We stay close together in the crowd. Shocked gasps and whisper is heard when we walk past. A little boy around 6 or 7 runs up to me. I look down at the little guy. He has black scruffy hair with wide green eyes. He's dressed in a blue shirt with brown pants and green sneakers. He stares wide eyed at me.
"U-Um, excuse me miss... Are you Y/N?" I crouch down to his level. The guys stop and look curiously at the little boy. I smile when I make eye contact.
"Yes I am. What's your name kid?" He bursts with excitement.
"Wow! You took down an army! I'm Kyle!" I giggle and extend a hand for him to shake. He takes it and shakes it. I smile.
"It's nice to meet you Kyle." I was going to say something else but an arrow whizzed pass. I turn to the left and intercept an arrow with my forearm that was going for Kyle. The boy looks petrified. I pick him up with my right arm and carry him away. Are these people trying to kill their own?! I give him to a women screaming his name. I guess that's his mom... Another arrow whizzes towards me, I block that one with the same forearm. I grunt as it collides. That hurts... I look back to see Kyle and the women frozen. I turn back around. The guys are running for the open gates and calling my name. Guess it's time to go. Before I sprint off, I crouch and touch the ground. A little bit of Energy pulses through the ground. A small stalk grows from the ground, then turns to a bright red flower. I smile to Kyle.
"Good luck kid. See you later!" I stand up and sprint, arrows fly past my head. I turn to see the boy carefully take the flower and it's roots from the ground. I smile and turn back around. I make it to the gate in no time. Aaron cuts a rope and it slams shut. Now the screams of the guards are muffled. I yank the two arrows out of my arm.
"Gah!" I quietly scream as I pull them out. The guys give me concerned looks. Aaron steps forwards and takes off his bandana, revealing his calm black eyes. He carefully wraps it around the wound. I smile at him.
"Thank you." He nods.
"No worries." I turn and look back at the gate. Banging and muffled shouts are heard from the other side. Suddenly, a loud bark echoes. It came from behind the gate... Another one... sounds like a big dog. A large bang shakes the gate. We all stand back.
"What's that?" Laurence whispers.
"I dunno." I whisper back. We all stare at the gate for a moment. It's silent.
"That can't be right.." I say. I carefully put my hand on the gate. The woods now splintered. I send out an Energy burst and close my eyes. There's many white outlines slowly walking off. I wonder what happened? That when I see it. Woah that things big...