Chapter 12 : The Power Within

Your POV

I was walking through the town guiding Midnight. Fitting name for a pure black horse. When we got to the stables, I put her in a spare stable and made sure it had hay, water and suitable bed-like cushions. I walked out and close the gate to feel someone's hand on my shoulder. I turn to see Aaron.
"Oh hey Aaron! How's it going?" He smiles, he's not wearing his bandana. He has beautiful black eyes. Gah feelings begone.
"Not much, just treating the horses. Who's the new girl?" He points and I look to Midnight.
"That's Midnight. My brothers in town and so I took her here." I turn back and smile.
"Oh your brother. You haven't told me much about him." We start to walk out.
"Heh yeah, well. He's my twin, he's annoying, but he makes up for it in smarts, I guess." He chuckled at that. "Aaand he's already in trouble." Aaron looks at me funny.
"How already?" I lightly laugh.
"He told the guys that he was my boyfriend..." He laughed. I don't blame him.
"That's a death wish all right."
"Yeah, the guys were mad and started yelling at me." He gave me a serious look.
"No it's fine, it was just a misunderstanding." I shake my hands frantically. His expression softens.
"Hey." He looks back to me.
"Your eyes are really nice, you should keep your bandana off more often." I lightly blush, he blushes too. I can't help it, I had to say it.
"T-Thanks, I forgot I wasn't wearing it." We talked about the little things until we were approached by Aph in the plaza. She seemed really excited.
"Hey Y/N, could you do me a favor?" She looked at me with pleading eyes. I happily nodded. She then took my hand and started running. Aaron slowly jogged after us. She brought me to the front gates, all the guys were there, and my brother. We stopped in front of them.
"Heeeyyy sis." I gave him a confused look. All the guys looked excited. Good to see they made up.
"So Y/N, Nathan said that you could give us a demonstration of your power, you don't have to if you don't want to though.." I immediately stare at Nathan and give him a 'really' look. He scratches the back of his neck. Aaron had joined us. Laurence spoke next.
"Yeah, he's been sorta bragging about you." I sigh.
"Yeah okay, it's been a bit though." They all look happy. Dante explains to Aaron and he perks up.
We walk outside the gates to a large boulder to the right, just in front of the forest that surrounds this place. Aph points to the rock.
"Do you think you could hit that?" I smile and nod. She gets the others to move back. This is it.

I close my eyes and start to unleash my energy. My E/C eyes turn brighter, F/C particles surround me. The other watch in wonder. I focus all my power to my right arm. Underneath my shoulder pads, three ribbons start to grow out covered in a F/C. The ribbons extend to almost a half more then my arm length. I hold my arm out and slightly flex. The ribbons turn to the shape of claws and hardens. The particles surrounding it disappear, and now, F/C claw like things extend from my shoulder.

 The particles surrounding it disappear, and now, F/C claw like things extend from my shoulder

(A little sketch thingy of the claws so your not entirely in the dark :3)

The others' jaws are wide open, not my brother though, sure he's impressed but he's seen it before. I look back at the boulder, it was a little bigger then me. Easy. I walk a little away from it, giving myself a little run up. I wait a little for my Energy to store in my claws. The longer it stores, the more powerful the attack will be. F/C sparks and particles engulf the claws, leaving a faint outline of where the claws are. Guess it's done. I focus and start running towards the boulder. Claws out to the side, I jump do a side step and unleash the power when I do a sharp turn. Three separate waves of Energy slash through the boulder. The middle one even hits a tree behind the boulder, making it collapse, the other two only scratch two other trees behind the rock. Fragments of the boulder fly everywhere. I shield myself using the claws. It doesn't cover my entire body, but it does a good job to keep the other rock fragments from hitting me. When everyone looks up they see me, looking smug, leaning on my claws like a cane. I smile goofily at them. That took a bit out of me, not enough to really exhaust me though. They all stare at me and then the boulder that was once there, now it's a smooth surface with lots of rubble. Nathan starts cheering. I can't help but laugh. They all walk over to me. Aph is the first to speak. Her voice is full of amazement.
"WOW Y/N THAT WAS INCREDIBLE! HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!" I smile. How do I explain this?
"That was awesome! I can't believe you can do that." Garroth says and blushes a little.
"Yeah, that's some power." Dante agrees. I can't help but smile. I never really show this side of me to many people, only a few. Now for some answers.
"Well, I created these claws out of Energy." I motion to my claws, they move with my fingers. I continue. "When I store Energy, the more powerful my attacks become. I do get tired if I use a lot of it though." I move some hair out of my face. They all nod. Travis goes to touch my claws. He get scared when it moves.
"Careful, they're sharp." He smirks.
"Thanks for the warning hun." He pulls back as soon as he touches it, it's a tad hot. I hold them up. Aaron feels it next, he also pulls back. I laugh.
"It's a tad hot." Me brother looks at me and touches it. He smirks.
"Oh come on, it's not that hot." I chuckle. Travis and Aaron stare at him in disbelief. Of course he can handle it, he's a fire elemental, and a hot head... Nathan takes his hand off and I lower them. Dante spoke next.
"What do you do when you want them to go away?" I grin.
"I do this." I focus on the claws disappearing, and like that, the claws turn back into ribbon. F/C particles fly everywhere and the ribbon scales back up my arm, under my shoulder pads and disappear. I smile at them.
"Ta Daa!" Laurence pulls my shoulder pad up to, I guess, check for where my claws went.
"Woah what.." I hear him mumble. He blushes lightly and stops when I look at him. Aph walks over to the boulder and dusts off the rubble. She looks shocked.
"Wow, it's completely smooth!" She exclaims. I jog over and sure enough, it is. Nice job Y/N.
"Nice one N/N." He high fives me. The guys feel it and are impressed. When they're done looking at it, we go back inside I say goodbye and head for home with Nathan. I let him sleep in my spare room, and I fall asleep a minute after my head hits the pillow. That was fun.

-

Dang looks like you got sooome power there. Hope ye enjoyed :3! Don't mind my horrible doodle