Chapter 24 : Hero in Dark Armor

Your POV

I stop dead. He's back. His face is full of anger.
"Zane, what did you do! Why did you intervene?!" He looked angry. I look to Zane, his eyes looked blank. He stepped forward, hands clenched.
"I intervened because you didn't let me know what was happening! Now, why were you doing this to her." Is he... sticking up for me? His expression is angry, but not as angry as Garte. Now HE looks like he could breathe fire.
"You have no right to question me. Now, tie the prisoner back up." I'm not doing this.
"I'll pass." I walk up to Garte. I'll probably regret this...
"Do you happen to know where the exit is? Places to be." I give him a blank stare. He quickly pulls out a sword and points it at me. I look at it. I can't show that I'm scared of him.
"Get back in the seat. Now!" I scoff and turn around. I pause just before I take a step. I turn back around and smile.
"Duck season." He lowers his guard and gives me a confused look. That's my chance. I kick him square in the chest and he stumbles to the wall and falls. I must've winded him. I turn and go sit down on the chair. Zane looks at me shocked. I smile.
"I don't like getting given orders." Garte slowly gets up and storms out of the room.
"I think you made it worse." Zane says, staring at the door. I shrug.
"I think you're right." He sighs then turns to me.
"I can help you regain your Energy." I perk up at that and grin.
"How so?" He steps closer me.
"I can get you a potion to restore your magics." He says matter of factly.
"I'd like that. Thanks." He nods and goes to walk out.
"I'll be a few minutes." I smile and he walks out closing the door. I face ahead and look down, putting my hands palm up on my lap. While he's gone, I can try to conjure up some Energy...

Zane's POV

I can't believe she did that. He's gotta be storming around here. I just have to be careful. Why am I even helping her? I'm soon to rule, I shouldn't be doing this. Yet, there's something about her that I just can't get over. Her beauty, her humor, her strength... She's incredible. I remember something. She's the one that beat Fathers and Lord Thalon's combined army! How did I not remember sooner... How did she do that actually? I cut my thoughts off by opening the door to the laboratory. People in white clothing rush around. These are my best witches and wizards. They notice me come in and stop.
"Is there a potion in here for magic restoration?" I ask in a demanding tone. A witch rushes to shelves of potions and picks one up. She runs over and hands it to me.
"It can restore damaged or exhausted magics." I inspect it. It's light orange with white specks.
"Thank you, as you all were." I walk out and hear them shuffling back to work.

It takes me a minute but I reach Y/N's room. The door is unlocked as I left it. I open it too see her, still sitting on the stool. She had her eyes closed and had F/C particles floating above her hands. She was trying to concentrate I guess. I close the door behind me and turn to her. She must've sensed me. The particles disappeared and she opened her eyes. More E/C had taken over the red. She smiled up at me and stood up.
"Are you just going to let me go?" I nodded.
"Well yes." She smiles and gives me a confused look.
"Why are you doing this?" I paused.
"Well, I'm not sure. You seem really lovely. Besides, my father has caused you enough trouble." She walks over and hugs me. I'm surprised but hug her back.
"Thanks. I'm grateful." We let go and I see she's lightly blushing, again, thanks for my mask.
"Here." I pass her the potion. "It's meant to give you your magics back." She smiles and takes out the cork. She drinks the white liquid. She looks at the now empty bottle then back up at me.
"Wow, that tastes like vanilla!" She gives a cute smile. I feel myself blushing. Her eyes flutter. She passes the bottle back to me and stumbles a little.
"I-I'm -yawns- pretty tired all of a sudden..." she closes her eyes and falls. I catch her just in time. Her eyes are closed and her H/C falls down. She looks so peaceful. I hold her bridal style and sit her gently against the wall, and put her cape over her like a blanket. I stand up and look at the empty bottle.
"Must be a side effect..." I sigh and walk out, locking the door. The guard next to the door stands to attention next to me. I look at him.
"If Lord Garte wants to go in there, tell him to report to me." He nervously gulps and nods.
"Y-Yes Sir!" I walk away. I'll be back to check on her later. Hopefully she wakes up soon...

Garroth's POV

Did Zane... really just do that? I've never seen him stand up to Father before. Why is he defending Y/N? Does he like her too?! We saw everything. When Y/N kicked Father into a wall, and when he storms off. We saw Zane bring her a potion. We saw him catch her, sit her by the wall and put her cape over her. I could admit that I was jealous, I could tell the others were jealous as well. Hopefully that potion works and she regains all her magicks...