Chapter One: Happy Birthday Nerd

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

Wama wamater i gappa gu

My alarm on my iPhone-- set on Robot-- goes off. I whip my arm around and slap the snooze button. I don't want to get up this morning. I stayed up until 2:30 playing Diablo® III: Reaper of Souls™. I had just recently started the game, and I wanted to get my Witch Doctor to level 10.

I quickly find myself asleep once again, but it doesn't last long before my phone goes off once again. I repeat the same process from the first time it went off.

I feel a small butt land on my right ankle. The owner of the butt then crawls close to my head and starts poking my cheek. I can feel their breath on my face.

"Logi," a little girl whisper-whines. "Wake up."

The poking continues for a moment more and I continue to ignore it and try fall back to sleep. The little girl climbs off my bed and walks away only to come back again and smack me with a big teddy bear. "Wake up Logi!" she shouts before slapping me with the bear again.

I suck in a breath and jolt up. "'E' equals 'm' 'c' squared!" I say. I forget how it started exactly, but whenever anyone wakes me, I always yell out a formula or theory. Last time it was Newton's third law of motion: For every action there is an equal and opposite re-action.

"Get down stairs Logi." My little five year old sister, Mikena, whines. She is wearing her Frozen pj's and has bed hair that falls in waves to her shoulders. "There is a cupcake with a candle in it for you!" She shouts.

I scrunch my eyes and wipe the sleep from my face. What is she talking about? A cupcake?

Oh, that's right. Today, I am 17. Crap, I am supposed to find my mate today. This should be fun.

But it's your mate. It is a great thing! My wolf tells me.

Yeah, for most people, but I don't think it will end well for us. I reply to him.

"Logi, get out of bed." Mikena once again smacks me with her teddy bear.

"Okay Squirt, I will, but you have to get out so I can get dressed." I tell her.

Her cute little face scrunches up. "Did you sleep in your boxers again?"

I laugh at her. "Well, my Buzz Lightyear pj's were dirty."

With that, she skips out of the room.

I stretch as I get out of my bed. I slip on a pair of jeans, my Minecraft periodic table shirt and a dark red hoodie. I look in the mirror. My skin is a little lighter than most werewolves because I spent most of my time indoors. My short dirty blonde hair is pointing in every direction and my blue eyes look a little grey today. I grab the thick, square, "nerd" glasses of the counter and slip them on.

I don't actually need them. Werewolves don't have eye problems-- unless they are really old-- or many health problems really. I just wear them as a statement. The whole world knows I am a nerd. No one does anything to me because my father is the pack Alpha and I am next in line, but I know they want to. I wear the glasses to flaunt it in their faces. Right now, I am untouchable.

After I make my hair look like less of a mess, I hop down the stair and slip on my worn out, blue, high top converse.

"Logan." I hear my mother call from the kitchen.

I step into the room only to have a cupcake with a lit candle on top shoved dangerously close to my face.

"Happy birthday, Sweetie!" Mom says giddy. "Blow out the candle."