Chapter Five: She is What?

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

I woke up really early this morning at 6:30. I know, ridiculous. After trying to get back to sleep for thirty minutes, I went down stairs to get something to drink. I was wearing socks (and pajama pants. I'm not crazy) and nearly slipped down the stairs three times. Stupid dark. Stupid restless mind. I couldn't stop thinking about Amanda last night. I was just lying here, under my dark blue covers, wishing Amanda was lying next to me and that I could hug her close and smell her scent and drift off into a peaceful sleep full of love. And, while my wolf was fine thinking about all of that, I would stop ever few minutes and think to myself "She will never do that." That is, until later into the night when I was tired and my brain was mush. I then thought "I haven't really ever talked to her. This is a weird thought to have, her sleeping next to me. I should talk to her soon so she can sleep next to me."

I stumble into the kitchen and stop with a big yawn. Once my arms are brought back in and my mouth is closed once again, I open my eyes and see Mom smile at me with relief in her eyes as she holds Tyler in one hand and a to-go coffee mug in the other.

"I am so happy you are awake!" Mom sets her coffee down and gives me a side hug.

Why is it good that I am awake?

As if Mom can read my thoughts, she answers my question. "Listen, I really need to go out and I need you to look after Tyler and Mikena." She passes Tyler off to me before kissing me on the cheek. "Thanks hon. I will be back soon." She walks out of the room with her coffee, but pops here head back in a second later to make the comment, "And if you want to invite your mate over, I won't mind." she winks before disappearing once again.

What just happened?

I hear giggling from my right. I look down at the drooling Tyler.

"What are you laughing at?" I scold with a smile. I lift his shirt to reveal his chunky tummy. I take a deep breath in and blow a raspberry right above his belly button. Tyler starts laughing even harder, and I start to laugh along with him.

"Well, it looks like it's you and me for a little while Tyler."

I open the fridge and grab a bottled lemonade from the top shelf, and I head back up the stairs to the game room. I set Tyler down on a corduroy bean bag as I walk up to the TV stand to grab the remote. I plop down in the bean bag right beside Tyler and turn on the TV. I go into the DVR and click on Atlantis. I have only watched the first episode that recorded Monday. The good news for me is that BBC plays the next episode every weekday morning. The bad news is that BBC only plays the first season. Fingers crossed that it doesn't end on a huge cliff hanger.

I tap the button and the end credits for Doctor Who roll through quickly followed by the start of the opening scene of the second episode of Atlantis.

I make it to the part where Jason is thrown into the pit when I hear the doorbell ring. I pause the show and scoop Tyler up. I race down the hallway with Tyler over my head making "plane noises", making him giggle. I pull him back down to my hip as I walk down the stairs and to the door.

Right as I start to open the door, I smell her, my mate, Amanda. This is becoming one of the weirdest mornings of my life.

Well, I'm happy. I pay no attention to Willy's comment.

When the door is open, I see her looking to the side, biting her lower lip in worry. Her right foot is bouncing. Her brown hair, that is wavy now, washes down to mid back. She is wearing a mint skater skirt with a white peter-pan collar button down that has silver sequences on the collar. What? I live with a classic popular teen girl, and my brain is a sponge.