Chpt. 16: Everything Will Be Okay

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

Okay, so this will be the last chapter. ;( I know. But, I don't want to add a lot of crap to this and then take another year or whatever to finish this. I have had an idea what to add, but not how it will end or affect anything. Maybe I will at some point. If I do (I kinda want to at some point), I will post an announcement.

Happy News Year's Eve everyone. Enjoy the chapter.

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

/:{/<>\}:\

The past week or so has gone by smoothly. Jo has been doing just great, and I have agreed to follow her dietary restrictions with her. I have written a little something in my journal every day, too. I will admit that after "Dear Stupid Diary," there have been more than three small sentences. I will admit that I feel a little better after writing in it. I'm not sure how it works and all, but I do feel lighter.

But maybe, I could be better.

Maybe I should start talking to someone.

But who would I talk to? I don't want to talk to Jo and put this on her shoulders. Even if she wasn't just diagnosed with the life-altering disease, I wouldn't tell her. I love her, but this is my burden. I need to protect her, not hurt her.

And I am not going to talk to Amanda. I don't know her a whole lot, and I will see a lot of her. It's just kind of weird.

There is no way I am going to spill my guts to Logan. I don't need him to think even worse of me.

Same goes for the rest of my family.

Plus, I don't think they would even know what to say. I don't know what I would say. I don't some "Go on," crap the whole time or "How does that make you feel," shit either.

I need someone I don't know. I would go and talk to a statue, but I would like to hear something back every once in a while. Maybe something like "You're not crazy." Because I'm not, am I?

Well...

Shut up! Maximilian! I am being serious here!

But I don't need a shrink. I'm not insane. I am okay. I can live my life. I have been so far, haven't I?

*Sigh*

Maybe Dad could help. Maximilian's voice breaks through my in silence.

Were you not paying attention, mutt? I said I didn't want to talk will people I know and definitely not family. Gosh.

I'm not saying have your little heart to heart, pow wow, whatever with him. Ask if he knows anyone to talk to?

That's ridiculous. Plus, he will probably make me talk to him back about it. Or get that person to talk to him about what I say.

Okay. Don't find anyone. Unless you know a reasonable way to find someone.

I could to confessions.

What?

You know. That Catholic thing the humans do. They talk to the priest or whatever about their problems and shit.

You would make a fool of yourself. Not only do you not understand that at all, but how do you think you'll explain these wolf problems to a human?

Metaphor.

Shut up. You make me stupider every time you say, think, read a word.

Too bad it doesn't stop you from being a dick.

/:{/<>\}:\

So, I did decide to talk to Dad. When I got to his office, sadly Logan was in their too. I debated tucking tail and running, but I don't think that would look so great. And, I'm sure one--if not both-- would follow after me. So, I ultimately decided to put on my big boy panties and ask Dad for someone who could help. He suggested some pack member named Jeff. Dad gives me his address after calling the guy to see if I could come over. When I look at it, I'm shocked. He lives in the same apartment building as me. How convenient. I won't even need to go outside after today.

I knock on Jeffs door when I get back to the building and find an early 30s dude in the space.

"Um, hey, Daric." I hold out my hand for him to shake.

"Yeah, hey. I'm Jeff. Come on in." He widens the door and walks to the kitchen. "Want something to drink?"

"Water's cool."

"Okay," He pulls a bottle out of the fridge and a can of soda. "I drink too much of this shit, but I've been okay so far, haven't I?" He drops my water in my hands. "Come on, lets chill on the couch."

"I'm not really here to 'chill'." I follow him to the puffy couch.

Jeff cracks up. "Oh, I know. But you are, but shit man, you are so tense right now."

We end up "chilling" on the couch for a few minutes before he prompts me to start talking. And I do. It's. . . not so bad. And what he says back doesn't seem like a whole load of bullshit. It also isn't like I am being put under a microscope.

Finally, Jeff says it plain and simple. "Dude you have PTSD."

"Um, what?" PTSD? Isn't that what soldiers get? I voice my thoughts to him.

"You were kinda in a war man. I mean, you could even be called a POW. And, they aren't the only ones to get PTSD. Anyone who has had some serious shit in their life can get it. Many have it after getting raped or getting mugged or some shit like that."

"Okay, so now I guess I know I have PTSD." I'm still not convinced. But whatever. "Now what?"

"I mean, you could get a service dog. But therapy sessions help. If not, you can take shit like Paxil to help." Jeff shrugs and stands up. "Want more to drink?" He picks up our empty bottle and can.

/:{/<>\}:\

A/N: Very short and an abrupt ending? Yes. But I kind of like ending like that. Jo and Daric know what they are doing (kind of). And I don't have to get much crap mixed in. Again, I may work on this again later, but right now I feel like I have run dry on this. I really love this story and it has been so much fun to write. I really hope I get not only the motivation, but the creativity/inspiration to continue this. Everyone who has stayed with me through out this whole time, Lots and Lots of love. Read the whole series (even Willow and Flynns), a little extra love. Those who commented, a whole crap load of extra love. I absolutely love getting your comments even if it's just "so true" or something like that.

Vote if you like the chapter, story or if you just are ready fo 2017 to happen.

LIKE THE MUSIC VIDEO (In Too Deep-Sum 41)? COMMENT HERE!Leave your suggestions, too!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~