Fifteen: Shelby

A/N: Please comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

<=-{^v^}-=>

It was hours before our warriors got back. When they stepped through, Mom held her breath until her eyes met with Dad. She fell into a sprint as she wrapped her mate and Daric into a hug.

Carter and I embraced just as quickly. I pull back and really look at my brother. He is a mess of bruises, mud, cuts, and blood. I cover my mouth to try and stop the sob from escaping my throat.

"He's going to be okay." Carter whispers in my ear as he hugs me again.

I see Anna letting go of her parents, so I run over and tackle we into a hug.

Hugs go around until it feels like I have hugged the entire pack -- maybe that's an exaggerated exaggeration.

We walk into the house and settle in the chairs. Daric was taken to an already prepped rom in the house for treatment. They won't take long, but said he will need rest.

"So, Henrick is dead?" Mom asks.

"Yeah, I got him myself." Dad answers.

"Do he say why he targeted us?" Logan asks.

Dad shrugs. "All I heard was him muttering something about his mate."

"I wonder who his mate was?" Amanda mutters.

"Whoever she was, he blamed us for her death." Dad responds.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you who his mate was." Daric rounds the corner while leaning heavily on the wall.

"Daric!" Mom shouts with worry. "What are you doing out of bed? You need to get better."

He shrugs. "I'm at home and am hooked up to a pain med IV, I'm feeling better already."

"I'm am so sorry Alpha, Luna," a nurse comes around the corner bowing. "He just got away."

"Really?" Mom raises a brow.

"Okay," she peaks at Daric. "He can be quite persuasive."

Daric's cheeks go pink.

"We missed you too, brother." I smile at him.

"So you knew who Henrick's mate was?" Carter asks.

Daric nods. "Yes, and it's quite the shocker."

"I feel like there is a tale to go with this." Logan squints.

"I guess," Daric groans as he is help into a chair. "You see, like 15 years ago, Henrick came into the territory. He smelled his mate and followed it. As he got closer, he also smelled blood and heard fighting. He found his mate dead."

"Damn," Carter mutters. I elbow his side. I mean, Mikena and Tyler are hear.

"Who was his mate?" Mom asks.

"Uh..." Daric scratches the back of his neck and clears his throat. "Well, you see it was, um, Uncle Jerry."

"Jerry was gay?" Mom asks shocked.

Dad whistles. "Well, he never did talk about what he wanted in a mate."

"I feel like my brain exploded," I mutter and everyone softly laughs for a second. It's not very long since the somber mood still hangs in the air. It will probably stay for a while.

"So why did he hate halfies?" Amanda asks.

Logan shrugs. "He was a crazy rogue that lost his mate. Someone probably easily influenced him."

"Promise me something," Amanda turns to Logan. "If I die before you, either check into a mental institution, or die soon after," she sees his shocked face and quickly adds, "Of natural causes of course."

"Well children, it's getting late. School starts again on Monday and you need plenty of sleep. Bedtime."

"Mom," I laugh at her.

<=-{^v^}-=>

A/N: Lame last chapter, I know. When/If I fix this book, this will change. In other news, I got my first college acceptance letter. Yay.

Vote if you like the chapter, story or if you are tired and need a nap.

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~