Chapter Twenty-One: Charging into Battle

A/N: My book can now legally drink! (Okay, so chapter nineteen hit 21 parts, but this is chapter 21!) Yeah, so maybe now it can legally drink in every country without exceptions needed. I know a lot have lower ages. Plus, in USA, some states have laws about drinking on private property, parental consent or both. Anyway, my story can legal drink in Tennessee! My home! Not where I was born... But where I was/am being raised.

Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

I walk into the kitchen for breakfast at 8:00-ish. I half expected it to be empty since the meeting had just started thirty minutes ago, and the up-in-comings (who are teenagers) didn't have anything they needed to be doing today and would be sleeping. But, Matt was sitting on the counter eating a bowl of cereal.

He slurped the bite of cereal he had just got as quickly as he could. "Hey, do you want some cereal?"

I just nod as I move to the counter, and he pulls everything out. I pour myself some cereal and lean against the counter.

"I guess something makes Alphas wake up early, hu?" Matt smirks.

I send a small smile back. "The exception being the twins, Daric and Shelby."

Matt laughs lightly. "Yeah, I remember them finally getting up at one maybe."

It falls silent as we eat some of our breakfast.

With a sigh, Matt is the one to break the silence. "I just want to say that-what happened yesterday?-I get it. Carter told me that you and Amanda had accepted each other, but something-he didn't say what-happened. And, if I were in you shoes I would have done the same thing." He shook his head. "You don't mess with mates, especially an Alpha's."

"There lies the problem. The first thing is that Daric doesn't understand mates. He understands girls and sex. The other thing is that he thinks he should be the Alpha, not me. He tends to view me as a lower rank."

"Wow."

I sigh. "It started his freshman year. He was getting so much attention, more than normal with so many more people. I think he got the idea that you need to have a lot of attention and be popular to be Alpha. It hasn't really changed; he still uses his popularity in his arguments, but he has added new stuff. A big one being that m-my mate. . . she's-" I take a deep breath. She is painful to take about. "She's a halfie."

"There is nothing wrong with a halfie." Matt says almost like he is reassuring me.

"Yeah I know." I run a hand through my hair. "I just don't know where he got this idea. He has even gone as far as to basically call them worthless in front of her and her parents."

"Wow, has this started recently or. . ."

"Yeah, but after that incident, Dad talked to him, and he hasn't said anything since. I'm not sure what he said or if it truly changed Daric's mind. He may be faking it for a while for all I know." I stir my spoon around in the cereal bowl.

"Let's hope it worked. And, I'll try to pay attention to what he says to see if he says anything weird. I'll tell the guys to do so, too."

We finish our breakfast and head into the living room to watch some TV. Matt turns on a random show, and we watch for thirty minutes or so when Carter, soon followed by Nate, comes down. They eat and join us.

"You know, Evan won't get out of bed for a few more hours right?" Nate asks.

"Same story with Daric and Marcus." Carter states.