Chapter Two: Run for the Hills

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

I hop down stairs in my jeans, Batman shirt, and red hoodie. I slip my Converse on and head into the kitchen. Luckily, I fell asleep at a reasonable hour last night and I didn't wake up to Mikena smacking me with a teddy bear this morning.

I walk into the kitchen. Daric is sitting at the island; Mom and Dad are drinking coffee at the table; Shelby is helping Mikena with cereal; and Tyler is in a bouncer by my mom.

"Hey, big bro," Daric calls out. "You know, Amelia Irwin was absent yesterday."

I ignore him and head to the freezer to get a Jimmy Dean breakfast out to eat. Amelia is an Omega. She is shy, quiet, and really a sweet girl. I wouldn't mind it if she was my mate. Although, she might mind being mine. On the other hand, my brother is a dick and someone quiet, innocent and shy whom is at the bottom of the pack is totally not his type.

"Daric," Shelby calls. "There were a lot of people absent yesterday."

"Yeah, and I think it was because no one wanted to be my mate." I mutter to myself.

You are an amazing person. Anyone would be lucky to be your mate. My wolf tells me.

I think it would be best to reject my mate. Save her the trouble of dealing with all my "fans".

You will do no such thing! My wolf's voice booms in my head. We can't break our mate's heart!

Well, I only say that because I think it is best for her. I don't want to break her life just because she is unfortunate enough to be destined to me. I explain.

"Son." Dad calls me.

I snap out of my trance and blankly look at him. "Uhm?" I raise my eyebrows and suck in my lower lip.

Dad slightly narrows at me for my disrespect, but continues like normal. "Mikena asked you a question."

"I'm sorry Squirt." I turn to her. "What was it?"

She swallows her bite of cereal and looks up at me. "I asked if you think your mate will be pretty." She giggles.

I smile largely at her. "No matter what she looks like, she will be the most beautiful thing in the world to me."

"Hehe" she giggles. "You're so silly."

I walk up to her am pat her head. "Well you know what?"

"What?"

"When you're old enough, someone will say that to you."

I hear Shelby groan an "I wish" slightly, and Dad mutter "That kid better watch out."

"Well, I know my mate will be hot. If she isn't, she gets the boot." Daric adds.

"Daric!" Mom gasps.

"'Hot' goes away, but 'Beauty' never dies." I mutter.

Daric rolls his eyes. "That is so ridiculous."

"I don't know," Shelby shrugs. "It's kinda sweet."

"Sometimes, there is too much estrogen in this house. Am I right Dad?" Daric comments, but Dad has started reading the paper and didn't hear the comment, or he is ignoring it.

I pop my breakfast in the microwave and press 'Start'. Silence falls around the kitchen, with the exception of Tyler's babbling.

Once breakfast is done, and I have said goodbye to my family, I head out the door and jump into my silver 2014 Ferrari 458 Italia. I bet most of you guys are all like "Lucky!", but I would prefer 1983 DeLorean DMC-12. They are pretty cool. And, in case you were wondering, yes, I would take it to the highway and go 88 mph. How could you not? Really, though, I would be cool with a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta diesel with turbo. It has way better mileage. I know it's a little weird. We're filthy rich, but I still like to say money and gas. Sue me.