Chapter Twenty-Seven: Pack Meet Luna Luna Meet Pack

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

After the battle, it took a few days for everything to cool down. Everyone is still on high alert of course—there is no way this is over yet. However, it isn't as bad as the days immediately following that night. Everyone was jumping at shadows, few people left the house more than necessary, and mates stayed glued together—Amanda and I included.

By Thursday, our pack once again felt stable enough for me to bring something up with Dad, Amanda meeting the pack. It would include an introduction with some words being said followed by a party so the pack can meet their future Luna.

We planned to do it today, Saturday. Mom wasn't our biggest fan when she heard that she would be putting this together in two days. With the help of some of the other pack members, they were able to get everything ready. All they have to do now it put up the finishing touches to the back yard of the pack house—where everything will be held. It is only morning, and we planned to hold the introduction at 3:00, so there is still plenty of time.

I meet Amanda down stairs and heated some toaster strudels up for us. We then went into the living room and turned on Zoey 101.

"I haven't seen this show in forever." I sigh.

Amanda smiles and shrugs. "I watch it every once in a while. It's pretty good."

I chuckle. "Yeah, it is. What makes it better is that there is not a laugh track."

"Oh, I hate those. They always laugh at the dumb stuff."

I laugh. "You seem really bent out of shape about that."

Amanda pours. "I am. It messes up funny shows by making them annoying."

"Ah, don't be sad." I peck her lips.

Amanda rolls her eyes and turns back to the TV.

"You are coming with us!" Shelby announces a little while later.

She walks in with three girls from school (and the pack) and Mikena.

"Who's going with you and why?" I raise a brow at her.

"Amanda of course!" She tells me like I'm dumb. "We need to get her a dress for this afternoon."

"I was just going to wear a dress I already have." Amanda tries to explain.

"Come on!" Willow, one of Shelby's friends, grabs her wrist and pulls her up. "We only have five hours to buy a dress and get you ready!"

"Then why are we rushing?" Amanda asks.

Shelby and Willow scuff.

"I don't really get it either." Johanna (Anna), another of the girls Shelby brought along, whispers to Amanda.

Willow gasps. "Ann! You said you understood my ways!"

Anna laughs. "I do, just not this."

"Guys, times ticking!" Becca, Shelby's third friend, whines. "And we were all going to get a new dress. We barely have enough time as it is!"

"Then let's go girls!" Shelby announces.

Amanda turns to me with a pleading face. I know my sister, and because of that, I know I will not be able to get Amanda out of this.

"Hey, I'll go with you guys." I stand and walk to stand by Amanda.

"Nope big brother." Mikena says from her perch on Shelby's hip. "Girls' day."

The Moonlit SeriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara