Chpt. 5: What Do You Think?

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

/:{/<>\}:\

Daric's POV:

God, why did I say that yesterday? That was the dumbest fucking thing ever!

I'm sorry... that I'm your mate.

It's not even true! I am not sorry that I am her mate. I wouldn't want to be mates with anyone else. I wouldn't want her to be mates with anyone else. I'm just sorry that we can't just be together.

Why did I even have to say that to her? I just had to word vomit. She must think I'm some pansy now. Or, worse, hate me even more. What if she took it wrong! What if she thinks that I don't want to be her mate! Okay, so she already thinks that, but what if I just made it even worse! I might as well just have drank some Wolfsbane concoction. It would have been smarter than this.

That made no sense. Maximilian puts his two sense in.

Daric, the phrase is "two cents".

Shut up Wolfy! I'm having a moment and you are ruining it! I shout at him.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

What? That makes no sense.

Oh, just continue with your melancholy melodrama, Princess.

Where was I? Right! Just about anything would have been smarter than what I did. I can only hope that she won't remember what I said, but that is even stupider than saying what I said. I just wish that whatever God/Goddess is in control of the ground will make it open up and eat me. Or better yet! Maybe one can just reset time! At the center, instead of letting either of us talk, I would just kiss her. That would send the best message right?

Life was some much easier without all this mate shit. Okay, I do want my mate, but I can't deny that hooking up with the girl that came to me is so much easier than trying to make my mate see that I really like her. I wish I could trade places with Uncle Jerry. What's his story?

Uncle Jerry is Dad's older brother. When it was his birthday, he didn't find his mate. Time went on and both Dad and Aunt Helen, his sister, found their mates. Aunt Helen went off to live with her mate in his pack sense he is the pack's Gamma. Dad had Logan then us twins. Aunt Helen had kids. However, Uncle Jerry still hadn't found his mate. When I was five, there was a bad rogue attack. The warriors went in and fought. Uncle Jerry went in. When it was over, Uncle Jerry never came back. The next day, his body was burned with the rest of the fallen warriors. The saddest part, his mate smelt him right before the battle he died in.

Uncle Jerry wanted his mate. He searched and never stopped until he passed. I never thought twice about mates. I ran around with every girl I could. It was fun -- I won't deny that -- but I made a mess of things because of it. Uncle Jerry wouldn't have made a mess of things. He deserved his mate. I won't say that I don't deserve a mate. I don't know. I do know that Uncle Jerry was more deserving yet he never found her -- sorry, him (still not use to the fact that Uncle Jerry was gay). I often wonder what happened to Henrick if Uncle Jerry hadn't died.

Would you quit it now and get out of bed? Maximilian pipes up again.

No! I don't want to start this day!

Would you at least take a shower, he sighs, you stink.

How do you know what I smell like! You're in my head. I counter.