Chapter Twenty-Six: It's an Alpha/Beta Conversation & I Gamma Do Whatever I Want

A/N: Random long chapter name. Oh well, but thanks Mr. Oldham 'cause he told us about how someone said "this is an A/B conversation so C your way out of it." and he said "Well, it's an Alpha/Beta conversation so I'm Gamma do what ever I want."

Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

It's been about a week since Amanda moved in, and it has been all quiet on the Westward front. You can feel the tension building in the air. It feels almost suffocating at times. The pack warriors have been training as much as they can. No one goes anywhere alone. Most tend to stay in groups of three or more.

I sit stretched across Amanda's couch with her cuddled next to me. We have just been hanging quietly in her room for a while now. She did really well adding little touches to the room. Along with the pillows, lamp, and blanket, she had me change the door nobs to ones that were a gold colored bronze and glass. Also, she painted the outline of the rectangles on the doors with gold paint. With the frames she painted, she put a foam board in instead of the glass with lace on top of it. She hung it by the mirror, and it hold her jewelry. Finally, with the canvases so made me paint, she placed a leaf/leaves on top and painted over with purple. She pulled the leaves off and a gold leaf could be seen. She hung the on the wall next to the bathroom door.

"I don't like this." Amanda whispers.

I kiss the side of her head and stroke her hair. "Me neither. Something big is going to happen, and the longer this quiet goes on, the larger the storm will be." I hug her closer to me, close my eyes, and sigh.

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

"Amanda?" I call.

"Yeah?"

"I feel the need to tell you this."

It is Friday evening, the second on she has spent at my house, and we are sitting in the living room doing our homework. Aren't we great students? Doing our homework on Friday night instead of on Sunday?

"What is it?" Amanda looks up to me.

"I'm not sure why I feel the need to say this, but I want to take you out-you know, on another date; it's just that with nothing happening causing tension to build I feel like it would not be safe."

Amanda smiles and shakes her head. "Logan, you are one interesting character." She laughs as she leans forwards to kiss my cheek. Once you feel it's safe again, we can go on another date."

"You are one awesome girl for understanding me." I peck her lips.

She laughs. "I never said that I understand you."

I narrow. "Well, you also didn't say that you don't."

"Touché." She giggles.

"Dinner!" I hear Mom call.

I stand and offer my hand to Amanda. We walk into the kitchen to eat dinner. Our parents are already inside with Tyler. Mikena and Shelby enter a minute later followed finally by Daric. We serve ourselves dinner and sit in the dinning room. Small conversation float through the air. The smiles remain small on everyone's face. Food is lightly picked at. The tension in the room is almost pliable for we all feel the force descending soon.

Even still, I was shocked by the growl that emitted from Dad's lips. His eyes darkened. "They're here." He stands gripping the table's edge.

We all stand then. I grip Amanda's hand and begin walking to the cellar. I hear Shelby following with Mikena. We quickly arrive at the door, and I stop us before opening the door. I pull Amanda in for a quick, but loaded kiss.