Chapter Eighteen: I'm Yelling "Timber!"

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

I slide into my usual seat next to Amanda at lunch the next day. "Hey, how have you been?"

Amanda shrugs. "Oh, you know." She pops a chip into her mouth. "I went on some date last night."

"Oh no, should I be worried?"

"Only if you were planning on taking me out yourself because it was a pretty good date."

I smile broadly. "Well, I'm glad you liked it."

The grin Amanda displays reaches into her eyes. "We should do it again soon."

My heart warms at her words. She wants do go on another date with me. How wonderful! However, my smile shrinks some. "I'm sorry to say, but we can't do it this weekend."

Her head cocks to the side. "Why?"

I pout my lip for a second before talking. "We are going to Red Star for the weekend. We'll be meeting with their Alpha and his top rankings. It will be Dad and his top rankings, Daric, and me and my top rankings."

Nodding, Amanda hums. "Sounds interesting."

I snort. "Yeah, it will be. I'll be stuck with Daric and Marcus most of the time. Plus, Red Star's up-in-comings. They aren't too different from Daric. But, hey, the next Alpha does know how to lead. His father made sure of that."

Amanda shakes her head. "You are such a pessimist."

"No I'm not!" I defend. "I am a realist."

Amanda laughs. "Okay."

We fall into comfortable silence as we eat. I look over to Amanda and see her staring off into space and biting her soft, pink, addicting lower lip. I swallow. "I would recommend you stop that unless you want everyone to know we are mates."

Amanda snaps out of her trance and looks at me. Both lips are now hidden as she bites them.

I chuckle. "Well, that is one way to do it." The bell rings. "I'll see you after school."

Amanda smiles. "See you then."

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

I smile when I hear the doorbell ring. I gallop down the stairs and rush to the door. I fling it open and lazily lean against the door frame. "How many times do I have to tell you that you can just walk in?" I fake scold Amanda. "You have been here enough times, and you are my mate."

Amanda rolls her eyes with a grin. "I'm so sorry I can't get rid of my manners؟" Her voice drips with sarcasm.

"Come on in already! I have a movie ready and popcorn."

Amanda narrows and jabs her finger at my chest. For someone so small, she can be quite intimidating if she wants. "There better be milk chocolate and white chocolate on that popcorn."

I fake being hurt. "Ye of little faith! Of course there is." I take her hand and lead her up stairs. We settle on the couch together with the popcorn-cover in white and milk chocolate on our laps.

"So," Amanda drags out the syllable. "What will we be watching?"

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."

She beams up at me. "Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka, the amazing chocolatier." she sings.

I widen my eyes comically. "How did you know that my wolf was a chocolatier‽"