Chapter Eleven: A Walk in the Park

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

Daric didn't come home at all last night after being kicked out of the house. That is one smart thing he did. He isn't here this morning either which means I will be driving Shelby to school. I have just finished my breakfast, and Shelby isn't down here yet. I want to get going already! Girls and their mornings. No, scratch that. Shelby and her mornings.

"Come on Shelby! I want to leave before the sun sets!" I yell up to her.

She appears at the top of the stairs with a knowing smile. "Want to see your mate, don't ya?"

"No, I-I just don't- I like getting there early." I nod.

Shelby laughs. "Whatever you say big brother."

From there, Shelby, moves quickly out the door, and we are off to school.

When I get to the school and I have parked, Shelby says a quick 'goodbye' and hops out of the car. I make a quick stop at my locker before stepping into my first period class. I see Amanda and begin to feel a little guilty about last night. That is definitely not what I wanted to happen. I hope she doesn't feel smaller because of what Daric said. I don't think she will, looking at what I have learned about her so far, but I can't tell just by looking at her right now. Her face is hidden from view as she reads her book that lays flat on her desk with her legs crossed crisscross-applesauce in her chair.

I sit in the desk in front of her cautiously and give a light smile. "Hey."

She looks up and smiles broadly. "Hello."

"Again, I'm sorry about last night."

She waves her hand. "Eh, it wasn't your fault. And, it's not like we haven't heard anything about that. Besides, it sounded like Daric was just spitting out something he already heard. He used some big analogies for a small minded person."

I scratch the back of my neck. "Yeah, I've been wondering where he go that stuff from. It's not like many pack members talk like that. Only a hand full are bitter from past personal experiences."

"Who do you think it could be?" She closes her book and puts it in her bag.

"I have no idea."

"Could it be from another pack?" She shrugs.

"I don't think so. None of the neighboring packs have anything against half wolves."

"What about rouges?"

I shake my head. "No, he is very much against the rogues. If I'm not mistaken, he and Marcus have made a game over who can take down the most."

"Is there anyone that stands out?" She continues to inquire.

I laugh lightly. "Amanda, I spent quite some time thinking about this. I have checked and double check possible people."

Amanda sticks out her tongue before crossing her arms and turning away swiftly. I laugh as the tarty bell rings.

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

Much of the school day follow that of Monday's. After the last bell of the day rings, I head out to my car. I won't be driving Shelby home. She is going to head somewhere with a fellow pack member and then head home later with them. I feel Willy stir a little before I hear Amanda's voice calling me. I turn to look at her. "What can I help you with?"