Chpt. 6: Patrol With the Most

A/N: Sorry this is late. I had to write a book report that ended up being twelve pages long. I needed a week to not write (but I still had to class. Dang.)

Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

/:{/<>\}:\

Daric's POV:

Today is my first scheduled patrol duty with Jo. I want some alone time before the patrol, which will start in an hour, so I can think about what I will say to her. Or, should I say, not say to her. I can't make things worse. If I do, I may have no chance at all.

I head into the kitchen first for a snack. Mom is in there with my little five year old brother Tyler. She has a few sandwiches in front of her that she is making.

"Hey Mom." I greet her.

"Hey Sweetie." She smiles, but doesn't look up from the ham sandwich she is making. "Would you like a sandwich or two? I made a few for you kids who are doing patrol this afternoon."

I shrug and walk to the counter. "Sure." I grab two and kiss her cheek. "See you later."

"Okay, and dinner will be a little later than normal sense you have patrol," she informs me as I leave the room.

"All right." I call back.

I walk to my room and shut the door. I then walk to my desk and set one sandwich down on the desk, taking bite out of the other. I slide into the chair and wake up my computer. I look up a few things before putting it to sleep again. I then flop down on my bed and fling my arm over my eyes. I think about what I am going to say to Jo.

By the time I have to go down to meet up for patrol, I have come up with... nothing. I guess I'll just be quiet. I won't ignore her. If she asks a question, I'll do my best to answer it properly -- meaning not making an ass of myself -- but I don't want to start the talking; it won't go down the right path.

I head down stairs now dressed in black basketball shorts and a plain white T-shirt -- I wear something similar to every patrol. I walk down stairs and to the front door. Once I am down the driveway, I start jogging the half mile to the Pack House where I will meet up with Jo for patrol. She is standing behind the house at the tree line in grey and orange running shorts and an orange shirt that matches. Wow, although she is short, it looks like her legs could go on for days. I close my eyes and look back up. I don't need to start doing something stupid now, like kissing her senseless because of her outfit. I continue walk, and when I am a few feet away, she turns to look at me.

"Hi," she says softly.

"Hey, you ready to go?" I nod my head to the forest.

She nods her hand, and we both go behind trees to strip down. We'll be running in our wolf form to get to where we need to be. It's about a ten minute run. Once we have shifted, we collect our clothes in our mouths and head off.

/:{/<>\}:\

Johanna's POV:

We have been patrolling for twenty minutes now, and it has been silent the whole time. We're not talking to each other at all. We're just walking next to each other through the woods looking for any signs of trouble. Nothing weird about that. The only thing that seems to want to make noise is my heart. Every time Daric walks a little closer to me than normal, I can feel my heart wanting to pick up speed, but I take a deep breath to slow it down. However, that wouldn't work if he didn't slide to the normal distance as soon as he does.