Thirteen: Shelby+

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

<=-{^v^}-=>

Shelby's POV:

A shortly after Mikena ran off with Flora chasing after her, the two return with Dad holding Mikena. He seems lighter. That vampire knew something, and it must have been good. Dad kisses Mom on her cheek with watery eyes. He hands Mikena to her.

"Come outside," he instructs softly. "There is pack meeting. We have news. Big news."

I carry Tyler as we all walk outside. There is already a large crowd. I find Johanna and Willow in the back. I walk over to stand with them.

"What is this meeting about?" Willow asks me. There is worry in her eyes. I don't blame her. There has been a lot of bad news lately.

Tyler babbles at my hip. "I don't know, but they found something out." I look as Dad and Logan step on the stage. Everyone else that was in that meeting -- including Carter-- stand to the side. I suspect the vampire is being hidden behind them. "Something that will be very helpful in finding my brother."

It doesn't take long for most of the pack to show up in our lawn. Dad steps forward, and a hush falls over the group.

"For months now, we have been under attack by a select group of rogues. They have hurt, many of us, and killed others. One week ago, the stole my son from me. They took one of our own, and we will get him back."

"Today, an unexpected visitor step into our pack grounds. I will let her introduce herself, and from there, I will give instructions to warriors willing to join me in getting my son back."

"They know where Daric is?" Anna turns to me wide-eyed. I hug Tyler closer to me and kiss the top of his head.

The vampire joins Dad and Logan. Many of the pack members gasp: vampire are rare, and most never meet one in their lifetime. The vampire, Epiphany is her name, introduces herself, and Dad and Logan begin to describe the plan. When they finish, pack warriors begin to walking to the front.

"Anna, where are you going?" Willow asks. Her eyes are wide with shock and fear.

"I'm going up there. I want to help."

"Anna!" Willow shouts.

"Are you sure that's smart?" I ask.

"Don't worry, they will probably keep me in the back away from most of the danger. I mean, look at everyone up there. I will be okay." She chews on her lips like she is impatient.

"Your parents are going to kill you." I tell her.

"Shelby!" Willow smacks my arm. "Anna, this is crazy! Why do you want to go out there? They are rogues!" Willow grips Anna's upper arms.

"I will be safe. I promise I will stay back and fight only when I have no other choice, but... I have to go."

Willow pulls Anna into a bone crushing hug. "You better not be lying to me."

"Would I do that?" Anna mutters back.

<=-{^v^}-=>

Daric's POV:

Henrick has come here everyday. The others in my cell were moved after the third day. That was the day Hendrick first struck. He didn't want anyone here to help clean up his mess, so he moved the halfies out of the cell and into one of their own.

The conditions are the same. Damp, cold, moldy. Only now, I can really feel it. I haven't been fed. They give me a little water everyday. The bruises and cuts hurt every time I move. The cold has sunken into my bones. Everytime I close my eyes, I see Mom. Dad. Shelby. Logan. Mikena. Tyler. I relive family reunions, birthdays, and holidays when I finally fall asleep at night.

The familiar metallic scrape runs up my spine and pounds on my brain. The hard sole shoes click on the floor and itch my skin. The keys ring through the air and fill my ears.

"It's lovely to see you again Daric." The lock clicks and the door swings open. Four days ago, I would have tried to run out. I did, actually, but all I ended up with was a knot on my head and a bruised rib. That seems like nothing now.

"Are you going to tell me what I want today?"

And the questions begin.

<=-{^v^}-=>

"Why can't you tell me the truth?" Kick in the legs. "It's not that hard." Punch to the cheek.

Henrick steps back and breaths heavily. "You and your mutts," he spits the word into my face, "killed my mate!" A lava burn spill from my cheek. Henrick steps back with a silver blade in his hand dripping with my blood.

He paces the cell for minutes. He suddenly freezes before throwing the blade at the wall. It clatters to the ground filling the silence. He turns to me with red eyes. With slow steady, Henrick walks towards me. His hand extends to my uncut cheek. I flinch. I can't help it. I wouldn't have been able to stop it if I tried.

His fingers caress my cheek. "Daric, have you found your mate yet?" He shakes his head. "No, no you haven't. You're too young. Well, they are your everything. So, when they are taken away," his hand stiffens on my cheek, "it destroys everything!"

His hands move and grip my hair. My head is pulled forward and slammed back into the wall.

Everything goes black.

<=-{^v^}-=>

A/N: Vote if you like the chapter, story or if you know how to tap dance.

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~