One: Shelby

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

<=-{^v^}-=>

I wake up this morning thinking about my first and only kiss. Yes, I've been kissed. When I told Logan that night Daric exploded that I was saving all my firsts for my mate, I kind of lied. I don't know why I am thinking about the kiss. It was last year, and we both agreed to never speak of it. He was just coming over to talk with Dad about some pack stuff, but it was just me at home. He decided to wait for Dad to get home; he never tends to be out too long being Alpha and all. We were just sitting there, and somehow we were kissing. It was kind of like our lips were magnets. I know that sounds dumb, but I don't know how else to describe it.

Pushing the odd thoughts aside, I get ready for the school day. Once I have showered and brushed my teeth, I put on one of the outfits I have pre-made. I slip on the dark nude dress that has a flowing tulle skater skirt that stops above the knee. Underneath I put on cranberry wool tights, and on top I put a cranberry crop top sweater. I top it off with a gold necklace and gold detailed black high heel booties. I curl my light brown hair and let it cascade over one shoulder.

I make my way down stairs. Logan is sitting by Amanda. Amanda is Logan's half werewolf half human mate. She and her family have been staying with us since Logan figured out that the rogues that have been attacking us are after halfies. We have become friends since Logan first bought her over to introduce her to the family.

"Good morning, Brother." I call as I step into the kitchen. "Good morning, Amanda."

"Good morning Shelby." Amanda chuckles.

Logan grabs Amanda's empty plate. "Well, we are about to head out." He places the dishes in the sink. "You okay with riding with Daric today? Or are you driving yourself?"

I wave my hand in the air. "Nah, you're fine. I'll just ride with Daric."

They leave, and a few minutes, Daric and I follow. We slide into Daric's macho man white Lamborghini. He starts the engine and sets the car in reverse. He zooms down the driveway and makes a sharp turn at the end onto the road.

"Holy crap!" I hold a death grip on the door. "I want to actually get to school Daric!"

Daric laughs. "I always get us there." And with that, he takes off down the road.

A few minutes later, we have made it to the school. The parking lot is half way full. Even though we leave relatively late, Daric's Schumacher worthy driving gets us here before most of the spots are filled. Daric cuts off the engine and steps out of the car. I double check myself in the mirror before following suit.

The second I opened my door, the most intoxicating scent filled my nose. It smelled familiar, but I'm not sure why. The delicious scent is fogging my mind. The early December breeze drags more of the scent towards me. I search around the parking lot to see if I can identify where it is coming from, but nothing pops out at me. I close my eyes and take a deep breath hoping to find the general direction it is coming from. I find it and let my feet move on their own. I soon stop and open my eyes. I see a perishing blue eyes staring back at me. I have seen those eyes thousands of times. They belong to Carter, Logan's friend and Beta. His soft iced coffee colored skin shines in the sun. I take small steady steps to make the fifteen foot gap between us to become two feet. My eyes never left his smiling ones. At this close distance, my head has to tilt up to continue to gaze into the beautiful ocean staring back into mine.

Carter then opens his mouth and says the one word I was not prepared to hear any time soon. "Mate."

I feel an enormous grin on my lips "I thought your birthday was tomorrow."

"Well, clearly it's not." He matches my smile.

"I left your gift at home." I shrug. "Sorry."

His eyes flicker down. "Well I can think of a way you can repay me."

Before I can do anything, Carter has snaked his arm around my waist and his free hand glides to my cheek. The skin contact causes sparks to fly through my body. He raises my head further and bends down to connect his slightly chapped lips with my glossed ones. At first, he seems to be carefully moving his lips against mine, but once I wrap my arms around his neck, he takes more charge.

I lose the sense of time as our lips move in perfect sync. My fingers tangle in his soft chocolate brown hair as his hand rubs circles on my lower back. We both try to pull each other impossibly closer. Soon, Carter licks my bottom lip, and I gladly oblige. His tongue explores my mouth in a sweet yet dominate manner. A soft moan leaves my throat and I feel Carter smiling against my lips. I begin to smile too and we soon pull back.

We breathe heavily trying to catch our breaths. Carter rests his forehead against mine, his eyes half closed.

A soft chuckle leaves his lips that makes me shiver. "Even though I often thought about that kiss we shared, I think now that the mate bond is present, I won't be able to stop thinking about your lips."

A breathy laugh escapes my lips and fans across in handsome face. "I must agree."

A distant bell can be heard, but my mind I'd too fuzzy to decipher what it is.

Carter pecks my lips. "I think we should head inside. That could be the bell ending third period for all I know."

I feel my eyebrows knit. What is he talking about. I peak over his shoulder and see the school. That's right. It's a school day. We need to get to class. Exams are in two weeks. I look back at Carter and nod reluctantly. Laughing, Carter pulls back while taking my hand. I instantly miss the warmth his body brought me being so close. I feel a tough and notice that Carter is starting move towards the schools front doors.

"I wish my birthday was in the summer." Carter mutters.

I smile. "Why do you wish that?"

He looks down at me with shining eyes. "I've already become addicted to the tingles and sparks I get from your touch."

My cheeks heat up and I know I am blushing deeply. "I think I am too."

<=-{^v^}-=>

A/N: First, this quick thing. Doesn't that break look like a cute penguin. I didn't mean to do that.

Okay. First Chapter of the second book! Yay! I know it short, but I just loved how it ended. It was too cute to add to. As you may have figured out, this one is not going to be focused on them getting together. It will be a lot about the rogues and dealing with them.

Vote if you like the chapter, story or if you're just excited for another book!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~