Chpt. 13: Journal Like a Pro

A/N: Hey! I'm back. First, a big thanks to anyone who voted, commented, and/or started following me while I was MIA!

I have no idea what is happening to me *ugly fake crying*. This chapter was kind of hard to write in the first place, but I'm just having trouble writing period! Good news, I know the rest of this story. I will try my hardest to actually write it. After that, or maybe before, I plan on writing a story that I will update everyday! Even if it is a six word story.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Vote for every-day-update story: 1) The Rogue Rouge [werewolf] || 2) Jerkology [humans]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

/:{/<>\}:\

[As a reminder, it's Daric's POV]:

By the time 8 'o clock rolls around, I decide that it is now not too "butt crack of dawn" to talk with my dear sister-in-law (although I am just "trying" to talk, I am not going to my mother). I have already showered the dream off of my skin, so I simply put on a clean T-shirt and head out. I get into my car and drive to my childhood home. Ten minutes later, I am pulling into the driveway.

I open the door and am 'tackled' by two sets of little arms around my legs.

"Daric!" My little brother yells the same times as little Thea yells "Uncle Dare!"

I pick them both up and spin them around really quickly before putting their feet back on the ground.

"Tyler! Thea! Come finish your breakfast." Logan scolds as he enters the room.

"Yes, sir!" The dimpled duo salutes to my older brother and scampers back into the kitchen.

"Hey, Daric." My brother walks closer to greet me. "What are you doing here? Actually, what are doing up so soon?"

"You're hilarious." I say with a straight face. "I need to talk with Amanda."

Logan's expressive face turns confused. "Why?"

"I promised Jo I'd talk to a Luna today, and that will not be Mom. So... where is your wife?"

Logan opens his mouth as if to say something, but closes it quickly and gives a small head shake. "She's upstairs in my office."

"What's she doing there?"

Logan sighs. "You learn that sometimes, you just don't ask."

"O...kay." I'm not even going to pretend to know what that means. "I'm going to go on up now, see you later."

There is loud clanking and giggling from the kitchen. Logan rushes in, and I take that as my cue to head upstairs. But not before I hear Logan yell "Tyler, how many times do I have to tell you that a cereal bowl is not a hat?" Glad I got out of there quickly.

A moment later I find myself in from of Logan's office. The door is closed, but I still hear a curse or two coming from the other side.

I knock on the door. "Amanda?"

I hear a squeal or squeak (I can't be sure which) followed by rustling.

"Come in!"

I cautiously open the door, partially scared to see what is on the other side. Amanda is stiffly leaning against the desk.