Four: Carter

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

<=-{^v^}-=>

We decided to wrap up the meeting and all head out of the door. It seems like no matter how many times we search, we can't find out where to damn rogues are. They're just hiding out there and we have no idea where!

As the door opens, a sweet scent and laughter wafts into the room.

"Seems like the girls are baking cake." Alpha Max smirks.

"Oo! Cake!" My dad grins like a little kid. He has always loved cake. There is a picture of him as a baby with chocolate cake smeared all over his face. The chocolate cake strongly contrasts his pale skin and blue eyes that shine through the picture.

"I'm up for cake." I smile. I may have inherited Dad's love for cake.

"Why can't they always make something after meetings?" Marcus, the future Gamma, asks. "It's what they should do."

"Shut up Marcus," I roll my eyes at him. He can be such an idiotic ass.

"Carter," Dad warns. I've heard it a lot. You know, 'You are a team. You have to trust each other. Be friendly if not friends.' I get that speak every so often because Marcus couldn't care less about his responsibilities.

At the same time Dad scolds me, Stu, Marcus's dad, scolds his own son.

"How about we stop talking about cake, and just go and get some?" Alpha Max basically orders.

Everyone mumbles a reply and shuffles out of the room.

In the kitchen stand flour covered Shelby, Amanda, and Luna Gwen. On the counter, there are three sloppily frosted cakes. Batter covered bowls are piled in the sink. A ding rings through the room, and Luna Gwen pulls out a cupcake pan from the oven.

"Yay! Cupcakes! Can I frost them?" Mikena shouts.

Luna Gwen chuckles. "Sure, Hon."

"Um, wow." Logan whispers beside me.

"Yeah."

"Oh! Hey guys!" Shelby skips up to me and hugs me leaving flour on my navy shirt. "Want some cake?"

"We made lemon, double chocolate, and white." Amanda points to the cakes. "The cupcakes are yellow with mini M&Ms."

"M a' Ms!" Mikena giggles.

"That was her idea." Shelby chuckles.

"I would love a piece." Alpha Max walks up to his wife and kisses her cheek.

"Where are your parents?" Logan asks Amanda after he pecks her cheek.

"Oh, they went on a picnic outside of the Pack House," she sighs, "They should be back soon enough."

<=-{^v^}-=>

After everyone had a piece or two of cake and those leaving left, i ask Shelby to join me for a walk outside in the forest.

"So, what's going on?"Shelby asks breaking our silence.

"What do you mean?" I swing our joined hands.

"With the rogues. I want to know." She tugs my hand to stop us. Her eyes are pleading as she speaks. "I know I'm a soon-to-be-anything, but I still care deeply about this pack. These rogues have been on us for months. Have you found anything?"

I sigh. "Not really. They aren't in the area we thought they were. They have moved on to some other place, and we don't know where."

"They haven't attacked since that big one last month where we captured the Red Star Gamma. Do you think they left?" She chews her bottom lips in worry.

"I don't think so. We think they may be regrouping. They lost a powerful ally." I rub my head. We have sent scouts out again and again, yet nothing has come up. We have no information about them. They are ghost that appear out of no where.

"Do you think they'll attack soon?" Shelby barely whispers. I hear the fear in her voice. These rogues are like our pack. When they attack, they kill; they destroy.

I pull her into a hug. "I don't know." I kiss the top of her head. "I think we should head back." I feel her nod her head against me, and we walk back to the Alpha House.

<=-{^v^}-=>

A/N: Guys, I learned something really depressing. The Wombats are coming to my town, but I can't go. My stupid older brother can, but not me. Nope. I'm the one that has all three albums. I have the present touring album (Glitterbug) and I know the songs. Okay, so he showed me the band, but it's still not fair. ("Life's not fair!") I know life's not fair! I jus wish I was a year older. Then I could go to the show.

Vote if you like the chapter, story or if you are planning on swimming anytime this summer (you know. If you're in the northern hemisphere).

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~