Six: Carter

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

<=-{^v^}-=>

We are halfway through training when Alpha Max's voice filled our minds. Most of us are already in wolf form, and we take off running. The others quickly change before chasing after us. It will take us a few minutes to get there, so I hope there are strong warriors near the area.

Stay safe. I hear Shelby's voice. She sounds a little defeated.

You, too. I'll see you soon. I quickly reply before cutting her off. I need to keep my head on straight.

Our paws pound the ground as we grow closer and closer to the battle ground. Just before everything is visible, the scents of rogues and blood mingle together in our noses.

A few rogues lay on the ground, and a few of our warriors stand to the sides with large gashes. The wolves coming in now replaces the injured. We easily out number the rogues. Ones that are lucky enough to break free sprint back into the woods and out of our territory.

The rogue in front of me doesn't have that chance.

I leap forward and slam into his back. We roll over a few times, stopping when I'm on top. However, he easily pushes me off of him. I land on my side a few feet away from him. We both quickly rise to our feet, snarling at each other. Slowly, we begin to circle. Our steps match each other. Our stares are calculating.

Suddenly, he barks. Two quick, sharp sounds. He takes a lunge at my left shoulder. I twist out of the way, yet he still clips my flesh with his paw. A whine breaks through my jaw before I can stop it. What can I say? That hurt like a bitch.

In retaliation, I am able to fly forward and clamp my jaws around his ankle for a moment. He quickly shakes me off, but limps with damage I have done.

Thunderous paws pound behind me, and soon, Logan is at my side. With both growl at the rogues. You can practically smell the fear rolling off of him. He now has a Beta and Alpha ready to attack him. That is when he makes the wise decision to slip and run. However, he doesn't make it far. Daric and Alpha Max corner him in.

We round up the three rogues that were unable to get away, and head back to the Alpha House where there will no doubt be another meeting about these annoying yet dangerous pricks.

When we get back, everyone is already in the living room. Amanda and Luna Gwen both peck their mates.Then, there is Shelby who ran to me and squeezed me into a constricting hug. I try to laugh, but she it seems like she is trying to prevent me from breathing.

I finally manage to pull her off and chuckle. "I'm guessing you missed me?"

She smacks my arm. "No, I was worried. They haven't attacked in forever. I didn't know what would happen!" She smacks my arm again before her face falls. "What if you got hurt?"

I pull her into a hug this time. However, it isn't as tight as hers. I notice the others moving up the stairs. "I'm a strong boy. I wouldn't have gotten hurt," I mutter into her hair.

"But what if you did?" Her voice cracks a little.

I tighten my hold. "Then I would expect you to be by my side while I heal."

"I don't know how to respond to that. It was kinda condescending."

I kiss the top of her head. "We have to go. There will be a meeting here before we address the whole pack."

" 'We'?" She asks a little shocked.

"Well, everyone else went up there." I shrug as I pull her up the stairs.

"Oo, I get to see a meeting?" She beams.

"Um," I look back at her as we are halfway up the stairs. "Yep."

We get into the office and get the meeting started straight away. All of the females are sitting in chairs while the remaining chairs hold Daric, Marcus, and Will, the warrior that signaled the threat.

"This is bit of a different tactic," Logan is the first to speak.

"How is it different?" Daric questions. "They come in and try to do a little damage."

"They weren't trying for a full on battle again," Marcus adds. "Seems the same."

"Yeah, but this time they ran." I speak up.

"They could have been looking for reaction time. Nothing more." Will speaks. "They didn't really fight back much. They showed up, defended themselves against us, and then fled when everyone arrived."

"Okay, so they fled. Why do we need to focus on motivation at the moment." Amanda folds her hands in front of her. "You haven't been able to find them on the other side of Red Star. To the south east of here. They appeared in the east. Where did they come from?"

"You make an excellent point, Amanda." Alpha Max smiles softly. "However, their motive is important. It will help find their next step."

"True, but we need our next step. For the past couple weeks, you have been looking the the wrong place completely."

"Do you think they're in the east now?" Shelby asks.

"Maybe, but these rogues have been known t move around a lot. They may be in a different direction, but just sent people to enter our territory." Luna Gwen asked.

I notice that Marcus looks irritated. Most likely it is because the ladies are seemingly taking over this meeting. He wouldn't dare say anything sense one is Luna Gwen, one is the next Luna, and saying anything against this meeting would be disrespectful to Alpha Max. At least, I hope he is smart enough not to talk about this.

You know, they actually make great points. There isn't really a reason to talk bad about them being here. Unless you're sexist, or condescending. Marcus is quite a bit of both. Let's hope he isn't a complete idiot.

"They went all around the Red Star territory to get to us." I continue on Luna Gwen's statement. "They clearly don't care that much about distance."

"They were able to go through the territory, though." Stu argues.

"Still, that is a long way to travel." Dad says back. "Luna Gwen is right. They could be anywhere."

"How do we find them?" Amanda asks.

Alpha Max sighs. "I guess we can send a few trackers out to see if they can follow the trail."

"Once they are out," Dad elaborates, "We can continue the discussion on their change in tactic."

"Okay," Alpha Max starts, "I'll send the trackers, then we'll have a pack meeting to get everyone informed about what is happening."

With that, this meeting was dismissed.

<=-{^v^}-=>

A/N: Yay! A longer chapter! I'm hoping they'll stay like this, or be longer 'cause this is still shortish. Maybe the next one will be shorter, but I don't think so, or at least, I hope it won't.

Vote if you like the chapter, story or if you know about pop-u-oo-ler.

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~