Bonus Chapter: Amanda's POV

Morning of With the Help of King Henry VIII

Amanda's POV

Tonight, I had a dream. It was one of those dreams where, once you gain the first signs of consciousness, you forget what happened in it. But, you do remember the main idea of the dream. My dream was filled with me being happy, feeling completely safe, completely content. I was in love, and I was being loved. I was wrapped in a blanket of comfort. It was pure euphoria.

Consciousness hit me like a wave, though my eyes remained glued shut. I took in a deep breath and smelled the most wonderful scent, an extremely comforting scent. I consisted of cucumber, but also a spicy woodsy smell laced into it. I give off an involuntary sigh of pleasure.

Suddenly, I realize, this isn't my bed. And, I recognize this intoxicating scent. I feel my heart rate pick up speed some. I'm not sure why. I know it's not from being nervous. Nope, it can't be that. And, it's definitely not because I am exited. That is very wrong. Maybe it's because of some anger. Yeah, that's it I'm angry at him.

With that settled, it snap to a sitting position causing the blanket to fall away from my shoulders. I look around the room until I spot him. His hair is wet from a shower he apparently just took. I narrow my eyes at his beautiful-um, I mean annoying face.

I cross my arms over my chest. "What am I doing here?" I demand bluntly.

A sheepish grin plays with his so-his lips. His average lips. "You fell asleep last night. You looked too exhausted to disturb."

I bite the inside of my lip debating how to react. I feel a few emotions swirling through me. "Okay, but why am in your bedroom. Why am I not in guest room or something?"

He scratches the back of his neck. "Well, I didn't want to wake you. But, I did sleep on the couch. I also called your mom to let her know."

I pretend scrutinize him for a moment while I think about my own feelings. I am very touched by his sweet words. Well, the words weren't sweet but his actions and intentions were. But, I am angry at him. Yes, I am. "Fine, but I'm still mad about it."

He nods. "Okay, well, I'll go to Sheldy's room. I think she has something you can barrow. You look about the same size."

"Yeah, but she's like five inches taller than me." I grumble trying to find something to show that I am upset.

He laughs at that. Laughs! "Try two inches taller."

"Whatever." I huff to myself as he leaves the room. Who needs that know-it-all right now anyway?

I have a feeling that if I were a full wolf, my wolf would be scolding me at this moment. He is my mate.

I chew on the inside of my bottom lip. His is my mate, and he slept on the couch. Does that mean he is chivalrous? Or, does it mean that he wants to continue to be friends? Why am I thinking this? I don't really care at the moment. Right?

Oh, I can feel a headache forming.