Chapter Eight: A Cheesy Smile

N/A: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

Monday morning. It is once again Monday. Okay, I'm a nerd. I like learning. It is an enjoyable thing for me to learn something new to myself. I kind of like school. But Monday morning. I think everyone has a mutual understanding that they really stink.

Even though that is true, something feels different this morning. I feel a little happy, a little exited. It seems like there is this small force pulling me forward to start the day. It is almost as if something is missing, but the universe knows just where it is and how to get me there.

I drag myself out of bed and, soon, out of the house. I make it to the school ten minutes earlier than I normally do. I sit in my car for a second. I can still feel the nagging pinch that something isn't right. I continue to wait in my car until the song playing ends. I turn the car off and get out.

My feet seems to want to go one way, but my brain wants to go another. After stumbling a time or two, I gain control over my feet again and walk to my locker. The hallways, this early, seems so calm and quiet. Yes, the front doors are still a bit crowed, but not as badly. There is almost no one in the other areas. I find myself at my locker, and I throw my stuff inside of it. I then close it and lean my back against it.

I start to chew on my lip, and my eyes furrow. What is this pull I am feeling? What is this missing piece I feel? A deep exhale escapes my lips as my head slumps to rest on the locker.

"What, did you stay up all night with your little friend looking at papers all night?" I hear a suggestive song.

I open my eyes and look down at Amanda. She is wearing a grey T Shirt with some graphic on it and jeans. She clenches a notebook, textbook, and novel to her chest- which I why I can't see what graphic is on her shirt. Her backpack is sling over one shoulder and her hair is in a high pony tail. There is also a jaunty smirk playing with her lips.

I raise my brows and beam back at her. "Why? Are you jealous?"

She burst out laughing. It's so pretty. It speaks to me more than any song I have heard before. "So, are you really that tired? It looked like you were taking a nap against the locker."

I shrug. "Na, I was just thinking." Wait, what was I thinking about? I forgot.

Amanda nods lightly. "Okay, well, I'm going to class. I want to read the part of this book where they talk about what dark and light really mean again because they aren't good and bad."

Slightly confused about what she is talking about, I just mutter an 'okay' to her and push off the lockers.

One of her eyebrows rises. "Um, are you going to escort me there or something?" Her voice conveys a little annoyance, but I can sense a hint of something else. Happiness? Excitement? Nervousness, maybe?

"Well, we're going to the same place, aren't we?" I playfully question back.

She rolls her eyes at me and murmurs a 'whatever'.

We enter the empty room, and Amanda walks to the back, her normal seat. I pause for a moment before following her back there. I slide into the seat next to her.

She peeks at me. "Really? We're doing this?"

I shrug. "I thought we could talk about how easy this class is right now."

A short laugh escapes her lips. "Sure." She draws out the word with sarcasm.

I grab my bag and stand up. "Fine, I'll just sit in front of you. You can talk to me if you want, but that is as far as I will go." I plop down in my new seat and turn to face Amanda so I can offer her a goofy smile.

The Moonlit SeriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara