Chpt. 12: Dinner for Two

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

If I say something that seems incorrect, please tell me

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

/:{/<>\}:\

Daric's POV:

Yesterday was Jo's birthday. We hung out with family and friends. There were presents, there was cake, the whole shabang. However, I want an evening just for the two of us. We haven't really had one yet. Okay, I mean technically we have had evenings alone together. All of them for the past couple of weeks, but it's not the same. Not really what I want.

Really? Because you seemed pretty pleased to me last night, and the night before that, and thee-

Shut up, Maximilian!

Okay, let's rephrase for the smart asses in here-

Passive aggression is not a good look on you.

Do you ever stop?

What do you think?

Okay, back on track. What I want is alone time with, but a date. I want to go on another date with my mate. We haven't really done that for a while. I mean, we live together now, so there is no shortage of time spent together, and no need to make excuses to see each other.

Yesterday, I had no time to pull this off. We were with friends and family, and it would have been weird to have two dinners in one night. So, we will celebrate alone together tonight. With food prepared by myself (I read that chicks like that kind of thing).

Today, Jo and Willow had their first day of college orientation, so I am going to surprise her when she enters the apartment with a delicious meal and a candle lit table. There will even be a flower on the table in her favorite color (yellow).

Now, it's just about time for Jo to get home, and my chicken and rice dish is almost ready. To waste time and hopefully calm my nerves a little bit, I divvy up some salad for us into two bowls. I place them on the set table and rearrange the already arranged silverware. I bring out the salad dressing and set it on the table, too.

The timer for the oven goes off just as I hear Jo turning the lock on the door. I scamper to the oven and turn off the alarm before pulling out my chicken dinner creation. I turn around just in time to see Jo's reaction to the table I set up.

She drops the bag she is carrying onto the floor; her eyes are locked onto the table I set up. After a few moments, I clear my throat, and she turns to me.

"Um... Surprise! Happy Birthday..." I clear my throat again (this time out of embarrassment) and scratch the back of my neck. What was that? That was so lame!

"What's this?" A brow raises on Jo's gorgeous face.

"A surprise happy birthday dinner..." I trail off.

Are you asking her or telling her? Man up! Maximilian howls.

He's so mean. He is always making fun of me.

And because that smark fuck is bound to say something about that manly statement, I am now blocking him from my brain.

"We haven't really gone on a date in a while, so... I thought I'd try my hand at cooking."

Jo glides over to me with a smile on her face. She then wraps her arms around me. "You've never cooked before?"

I shake my head as an answer.