Chapter Fourteen: With the Help of King Henry VIII

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

It is currently Thursday night, five days after Tommy's party, five days since I realized that my romantic feeling toward Amanda are a lot stronger than I thought. I have been slightly conflicted on how much time I want to spend around her. Of course she makes me happy, and I love being around her more than anything. But at the same time, I want to do more than we are now. I don't want to just talk to her and hang out. I want to know what it would feel like to have her lips pressed against mine. I want to tell her how beautiful she looks without scaring her off—we did decide to be friends in the first place because we were a little freaked out. I want to be able to hold her and tell her how much she means to me. Those are hard things to resist when she is not only adorable, kind, funny, smart, has very kissable lips, an intoxicating sent, and . . . I'm a little off track. It is hard enough to resist her with all of those qualities, but she is also my mate, and boy is that pull determined. . . and impatient.

Amanda came over to my house after school to study for an AP Euro test we will have Monday. Even though we don't have the same class, we have the same teacher who runs her classes together perfectly somehow. When we first arrived, we got a little side tracked by Shelby and Carter. She had decided to watch How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days, and he decided to hang out with her instead of joining his dad and my Dad in the office. I had never seen it personally, but Amanda has. She said that it was on of her favorite movies followed by telling me that she isn't a rom-com (romantic-comedy, I'm glad she explained that to me.) person most of the time, but that How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days is one of the few exceptions to the rule.

Long story short, we watched the movie and wasted a couple hours. After that, we went into my room to try to reduce the distractions.

We continued to get side tracked.

Around 6, I had made sandwiches for us, and we continued to study the early religious revolutions directly following the Renaissance. It is maybe 7:30 now. Amanda is on her stomach in the middle of my bed with her notes and text book in front of her. Her feet are closer to the bottom of the bed. I rest my back against the head rest on the side of the mattress.

Amanda sighs "Why is the Holy Roman Empire called the 'Holy Roman Empire'?" She then rests her head on her arms over her notes.

I smile. "What does that have to do with what the test will be over?"

"The Holy Roman Empire was involved with some of this stuff." Her voice is muffled.

"Yeah, but not the naming of the Holy Roman Empire."

"But seriously," she wines. "It's not holy, it's not Roman, and it's not an empire."

"I'm not a Holy Roman Empire expert. Now, ask me a question."

"How did the Anglican church start?" She yawns.

"Well, King Henry VIII of England-"

Amanda let's of a short giggle. "I love his story."

"Yes, well, he wanted a divorce, but the he needed permission that he didn't get." I explain the rest of King Henry's story. How he separating from the Roman Catholic Church so he can divorce his wife and marry another, wash, rinse, and repeat. The only change to the religion was the name and the head of the church.

I had been in my own little world while telling the story, and when I come back to reality, I notice that Amanda's breathing has evened out. I gaze at my sleeping mate before making a move to wake her.