C H A P T E R | T W O

The second Willow, Flynn's beautiful mate, started driving away, his wolf Owen started to complain. He went off about how Flynn should have talked to Willow more. They barely got to learn anything about their mate! Willow was the one to ask more things at the end. Not him. And why didn't he? They were simple questions.

You need to learn to talk more! Owen grumbles. You never talk. You just stand there like a blob! 'Oh look! It's the blob! Maybe he'll speak!' That is what everyone says. I promise you.

Well, maybe you should learn to talk less. Flynn counters. You just ramble then stop making sense.

Once the tail lights of Willow's car disappear from Flynn's sight, he turns and walks to the front door. It is near dinner time, and those who choose to cook dinner for the pack house will be finished soon. Inside the pack house, a few children and young teens are watching a movie in the living room. From the kitchen, he can hear the chattering of those cooking. Upstairs, there is the faint noise of video games being played. In a sitting room, men are talking about how the pack is being run. Flynn has a clear view of them from the simple foyer. However, their backs are turned to him as they discuss the new developments in the pack.

"I feel safer raising my little girl knowing there are no longer rogues threatening to bring down our pack," one man with curly brown hair states.

"Come one Gregg," a dirty blonde haired man says to the first man. "Don't be a fool. We aren't safe! Alpha Max is letting some of the rogues join our pack!" He sounds outraged, but does his best to keep his voice low not wanting the children to over hear.

A nerve is struck in Flynn as he listens to the statement. He knew that many of those living in the pack house felt uncomfortable around him. He was a stranger to them and, yes, he was with a violent group of rogues. But, he was a kid. He still is really. He had no control of the situation. And, if he didn't fight they may have hurt him or his little sister. Do they know that? No. They just see a danger to their pack and family. Does he blame them for that? No. It is a logical fear. What frustrates him is that they refuse to even try to listen to him. They just steer clear.

The worst part may be that they try their best to keep him separate from his little sister. She is only two, almost three, and he can only guess that they fear he with leave a hateful impression in her against the pack.

"I don't understand it at all! They are just asking for the destruction of our-"

Flynn stops listening to the men and walks into the living room. He finds his sister hugging her teddy bear that he got her when she was born. She never seems to let it go, but somehow they get her to part ways with Yippy -- that's what she named him when she could talk -- so they can wash him.

Flynn walks around everyone to get her. He kisses the top of her head. "Hey, Sarah," he says softly. He can feel a few glares from the kids around him. Although it may seem like it's because he's talking during the movie, he knows there is another reason entirely.

"Hi F'ynn," Sarah says softly. She never talked a lot when they were with the rogues, so she has trouble with a lot of sounds still. One of them is the 'L.' Since arriving, he has noticed she talks more. "We watching pwincess movie!"

Even though most of the kids down here are boys, they are in fact watching a princess movie. Each night, the adults rotate which kid gets to choose the movie to watch before dinner. Tonight, it was a seven year old girl's turn by the name of Quin.

Getting tired of squatting, Flynn sits cross legged on the ground. He then lifts Sarah into his lap. "Do you like the movie?"

Sarah nods her head wildly. "Uh huh! I 'ove pwincess!" The smile she shows him rivals the glowing crescent moon hanging in the sky tonight.