Chapter Twenty-Three: Like Archimedes and the Bathtub

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

"Hi Amanda." I smile broadly at my mate in her seat in homeroom today.

"Hi Logan." She smiles.

"So, um," I scratch the back of my neck. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to this cool book store with me? It has a lot of different books, but has mainly sci-fi stuff: classic, new, undiscovered."

"Yeah, sure. That sounds fun!"

The bell rings and the announcements soon start.

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

Amanda and I spend a bit of time at the book store. I think we may have annoyed the owner with all our laughing. After that we stopped by a pastry shop for a snack. We hang out at my house for a little while longer, until it's dinner time.

"Well, I have to go." Amanda gives me a sad smile as she stands from the couch. "My parents want a family dinner tonight."

I stand with her and take her hand playing with her fingers. "Okay, I'll walk you to the door."

Amanda laughs. "You are such a cheesy guy sometimes."

"I am cheesy just the right percentage of the time to make me irresistible." I smile broadly.

"Yes you are." Amanda says half mockingly.

We stop by the door. "I'll see you tomorrow." I bend down to give her a peck on her lips.

She pulls back with a grin. "See ya." She leaves and I walk to the kitchen where Mom is cooking, Tyler is clapping, and Mikena is drawing.

"Dinner is almost done." Mom says. "Will you go up stairs and tell your brother and sister?" She looks up. "And no mind linking. I want you to tell me if their room are clean."

I laugh at Mom before following her instructions. I looked at both of their rooms and told them to come down. I came down alone since they both said 'in a second.'

"So?" Mom asks.

"Shelby has outfits everywhere. I think she was just about to pick them up. Daric just had dirty laundry everywhere."

"All his?" Mom questions.

"Yes." I ask more than say.

"So no girl's?" She raises and eyebrow.

"What‽ Ew! No! I didn't want that image in my mind Mom!"

Mom laughs. "I don't know if I should be happy about that reaction or not. I just going to hope that it is because he's your brother and not the actual act. I want all of my babies to have babies of their own. It will make your father and I look less crazy."

My eyes are the size of the moon and my jaw is on the ground from the statement. I can't even answer her. Luckily everyone files in, and we sit down for dinner.

After dinner, we all return to our normal hiding places, but it's not for long.

Every warrior to the South and East boarders! Dad's voice rings. Everyone else get to a safe place!

Shit, this is bad! They must have come ready to do more than just freak us out this time. I rush down stairs trying to think of what they are after. They clearly seem ready to go after whatever it is they are after. Daric sprints past me and into the forest. Mom, Shelby, Mikena, and Tyler disappear into our cellar.