Mikael Is a D*ck

A/n: Omg. The first chapter has been up for like a week but the fanfiction already has almost 100 reads?! Thank you all so much! I hope you enjoy the chapters that are yet to come ;-)

TRIGGER WARNING! This and future chapters will portray abuse by a parental figure. If you are triggered by such displays, please be careful reading.

Sending lots of love your way.

I backed off when seeing the man approach. His face was filled with anger and his features had been carved in by cruelty and pitilessness. He scared me.

And I was not the only one. Behind me, the siblings' muscles tensed up. They were afraid. Truly shaken and timorous. It wasn't often, they let their emotions show so clearly.

Their father was now directly in front of us.

"Rebekah, Elijah, Henrik, Niklaus. You were supposed to be home before dinner. We have been waiting for you to return, yet you decide to have fun out here. Have you no respect of your parents?" he asked furiously, sending shivers down my spine.

I felt responsible, after all I was the one who fainted and kept them. Pushing my fear aside, I followed my obligation to step in.

"I'm sorry Sir, this has to be my fault."
The siblings' looked at me, terrified of their father's wrath transferring onto little clueless me.

Mikael's look went to me, his eyes full of outrage. I swallowed hard and braced myself

"And who might you be, girl?"
Seemed like his wife hadn't told him about the surprise guest. This didn't look good for me.

"Your wife was so kind as to take me in for a short time. I faded. Your children were only waiting for me to wake up."
This was only partly true since Klaus and Elijah had been busy with Tatia.

"You're a guest at my house?"
I nodded.
"Then you should behave like it. As long as you're living under my roof, you are to behave according to my rules and punishments, you understand?"

Oh god. How did he frighten me this much even though he was human?

"Do you understand?" he growled. Quickly, I told him, I did.

"Good. As we speak of it." He turned, suddenly raising his hand and giving me a slap in the face.

His hand must have been in touch with vervain because his touch stung more than it should have. Chary to not risk another strike, I pressed my lips together and made no sound.

"This was necessary. I hope, you have learned your lesson. Welcome to our household."

I didn't answer, holding my cheek to cover up the burning flesh. We quietly followed him to the house, all the happiness felt before between the siblings left behind on the spot.

While walking, I watched Klaus. His face was stone cold, he didn't show a single emotion. All because of the man in front of me. Mikael was the reason for everything that had happened to the siblings I knew.

Klaus had once told me about being on the run, spending centuries to escape his father. I was able to imagine it before, but actually seeing Mikael and their dynamic hammered it home.

It was bizarre to look at the man who would one day be one of the most powerful creatures I had ever known in my life and see merely a human boy, scared of his own dad.

A wave of sympathy swept over me. I had a sudden urge to go either version of Klaus, pet his hair and tell him, everything would be okay. That he would get through this abuse.

But since this was impossible to do with present Klaus and totally inappropriate with past Klaus, I restrained myself. The hybrid would probably not want my sympathy anyways.

Dinner went over quietly without stress, which was a delight.

As we were finishing up, I caught Klaus and Elijah exchange glances, silently communicating. They wanted to speak of something their father would not approve of.

"Father," Klaus addressed on guard. "We were wondering if we could join in with the others from town later on. There will be a feast at the square."

His father coldly stared his son down. "And how have you earned that?"
"Please, father," Rebekah stepped in for her brothers. "I'm sure our guest would like it too, right Caroline?"

All eyes went to me.
"Sure, yes," I answered as calmly as I could.

Esther put a hand on her husband's.
"Dear, let them go. I'm sure it will be a great experience for them. They shall be home in time"
Mikael looked to her, thinking for a moment. Then, finally, he sighed.

"Fine. However, be wary, if I hear that you have in any way insulted my pride or gone behind my back, there will be punishment. Understood?"

They nodded. They were willing to accept the condition without second thought.

The siblings made their way to the door, Rebekah gesturing for me to follow. I had no other choice than to go along with this charade a little while longer. Might as well enjoy myself a bit.