A Comfortable environment

"Silas is back?" Klaus made sure he'd heard correctly.
"Yes."

"And he sent a witch after you to do what exactly?"

"We don't know. I was unconscious for a few seconds and then had this strange feeling. I confronted her and found out she was actually working for Silas."

I hadn't told him about the part with the flashing images. I doubted he should know about that part of the story, at least until I had figured out what was going on myself.

"Some days later, Jeremy told us about Bonnie's death." I went on about how I'd found out, her memorial and Tyler's return. I even told him about the time with my ex and how we'd broken up.

Klaus listened closely and attentively. At some point of our conversation, he had put his hand behind me on the sofa. I didn't mind. It was his home after all, he was allowed to be comfortable.

Strangely, I felt quite comfortable too. We'd talked for hours already and it had expanded in something longer than a nice visit of a friend.

I liked the feeling of having his full attention. It was a welcome contrast to how Tyler had treated me, always more focused on his pack than what I had to say.

"I can't believe Tyler treated you like that," Klaus growled. "Safe to say, it's his loss. A great one on top of it."

I was having déjà-vu again but chose to ignore it.

"I know." I started playing with my hair. "He should've paid more attention to me."
The hybrid laughed. "Indeed. You deserve it."

"Thank you!" I smiled and shifted from my cross-legged position.
"Move," I told him. "I want to stretch myself out."

"Well, I'm in a comfortable position right now so I'm not going to move!" he insisted, a mischievous grin on his lips.

"Suit yourself." Stubbornly, I put my legs on top of his.

"And my position just got even better," he smirked.

"Shut up!" I threw a pillow at him, but he caught it with ease.

"Careful, love. Don't want you to hurt yourself."

"Right, because I could hurt myself with a pillow." I rolled my eyes. "Now, if you would be so kind and give it back to me."

He shook his head in amused disbelief.
"You were the one who threw it. Perhaps, you should have thought about wanting it back before attempting to hit me with it."

"Shut up!" I wanted to punch him but couldn't reach him.
"You're saying that a lot lately," he teased.

"Shut up!"
"There, again!"

I sat up, reaching for the pillow but he held it over his head.

"Give it to me!" I demanded and reached further, resulting in him holding it away from me even more. For a second, I was silent.

There was a way for me to get the pillow, but I wasn't sure if that was too cruel to do to him.

Ever since the visions had started, I felt a certain connection to the man. I didn't want to hurt him. But it wouldn't be the first time, I'd use my charms to get him to do something.

I slowly leaned forward, placing my hands on his chest to bolster myself. A devilish grin appeared on my face.

"Caroline, what are you," Klaus started to say, startled by how close we were.

Smiling, I stroked his cheek with mine and made sure he felt my breath on his skin. My hand carefully wandered up his chest to his arm, ready to catch the pillow.

I felt him tense underneath me and decided to give him a quick peck on the cheek. Taken by surprise, his grip on the pillow weakened.

That was my chance! Quickly, I snatched the pillow and fell back to snuggle up to it.

"You're entering very dangerous terrain, love," Klaus told me and cleared his throat. He then put a hand on my leg and drew circles on my jeans. "You wouldn't want me to think, I might actually have a chance with you."

"Whatever." I looked up at him while attempting to hide the slight truth behind his words. "I told you everything about my past weeks, now it's your turn."

A yawn eacaped me. What time was it? I had completely lost track of it.

He sniggered. He did that a lot today.
"It's a long story, love. I'm not sure if you're not too tired for it already. Perhaps another time," he suggested.

"Promise?" I whispered into the pillow.
"Yes."

"Good." I was trying hard to keep my eyes open. "I should get back to my hotel room."

"Yes, maybe you should. But I doubt that you'll get there without falling asleep on the way there."
"You could carry me," I said.

"And where would be the fun in that? Bringing you somewhere that isn't with me? Plus, I don't even know your hotel or room number."

"Pelham Hotel, room 67. But my stuff is in the stolen car outside. The red one."

"Is that an invitation?"
"I don't know what you mean." I wanted to sit up, but my body stopped listening halfway through and I thudded back onto the sofa.

"You should rest, Caroline," Klaus whispered, his head down next to my ear.

"On the couch?" I mumbled sleepily. "On you?"

"No, I can get you to a real bed. And as much as as I'd enjoy the second part of what you said, we both know you would be mad when you wake up. I have no interest in taking advantage of you."

"If you say so." My eyes started closing as I felt him lift me up into the air.

"Time to sleep, Caroline." Klaus gave me a kiss on the forehead.

Then I did as I was told. I slept.

A/n:
So Caroline is finally in New Orleans with Klaus. Now, I wonder what'll happen next... Actually, I don't because I already know but you probably are. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until next week's monday to find out. But don't be sad! I have a little something for you. If you haven't heard yet, I published the first chapter of my new Klaroline fanfiction! Chapters are published every thursday.
So if your needs for my stories aren't satisfied yet, head over to my profile and check that one out!
Besides that: see you next monday and have a great week!