Hope Appears

"Caroline," a soft voice woke me up. It was Rebekah, Klaus at her side.
I groaned. "What?"

"You have to stand up. It is morning already. You have slept enough."
"Don't want to stand up," I mumbled. "Five more minutes."
I heard Klaus chuckle.

"I'm serious!"
"Black?" I muttered, then chuckled at my own joke.
"What?" Rebekah didn't seem to understand. I shifted a bit to avoid the sunlight hitting my face.

"Let me try," Klaus snickered and went to my side. "Love, it's morning and the day is waiting for you. Time to get up and enjoy it."

His words reminded me of the time he'd told me that the world was waiting for me to explore it. It made me smile without my conscious impact on it.

But wait. Why were Rebekah and Klaus here in the first place? My eyes shot open and I was up in the blink of an eye. Literally. The siblings jumped a bit, wondering how I had dine that.

I slowly remembered where I was and calmed down. I had completely forgotten that I was still stuck in a time centuries before my birth.

"At least, she's up," Klaus shrugged and Rebekah punched him lightly, rolling her eyes. Outside, it was a beautiful day, the sun was shining on us brightly and I was thankful for my daylight ring.

"Say, Rebekah, do you happen to know any witches around here?" I whispered. Shocked, she looked at me.
"What are you talking about?"
"Come on, I know you know. Do you?"

The blonde started to carefully nod. "There's Ayana. She is quite powerful."
"Where can I find her?"
"Why do you need to find her?" Klaus retorted, inserting himself in the conversation.

"That is none of your concern, it's very personal," I told him.
"Oh really? Do you want to find her or not? The truth would be advisable."

"She might be able to help me with my memories." Brilliant excuse.

The siblings both smiled in condolence.
"I'll bring you to her, but I can't promise anything. She's extremely strict when it comes to not upsetting the spirits." When we arrived at the witch's house, a woman already stood in front of it.

"Caroline, I figured you might come," she smiled. I had almost forgotten how well informed witches usually were. "Follow me inside, if you two could give us privacy?"
She led me in, telling me quietly to have a seat.

"You know why I'm here?" I asked carefully as she sat down across from me.
"I do. The spirits have reported your appearance. They are not too pleased but I do not think it is your fault, so, I do not blame you. Explain to me, how did you get here and where are you from?"

I told her everything, concealing only the vampire and Original parts of the story. I described the Mikaelsons to just be a nice family who had taken me in.

"I see," she said after I had finished.
"You want me to send you back, I presume?"
I nodded.

"That will be a problem, dear," the witch sighed. "You see, I would love to, and the spirits do too, but it takes some preparations. Time. You will need to stay here a bit longer until I am ready."

"I understand," I exhaled. Not like I had another way to get home anyways. I had no choice but to wait.

"What I can do though, is to get you in touch with one of your friends. Maybe even your witch friend. Let me see... return tomorrow morning and I promise I will have found a way to have you talk to her."

A smile crossed my lips. At least, I would talk to my friends. Maybe even Tyler.