I Have a Moment and Ruin It

As I left the witch's house, I searched for Rebekah and Klaus. They were nowhere to be found, which didn't surprise me all too much. Ayana and I had been talking for some time, I guessed they had gotten bored and went to complete other activities.

Wandering around town, I finally spotted Klaus. I wanted to join him until I saw who he was talking to. Tatia. I ignored their words, although I could hear them.

Instead, I focused on my task tomorrow: talking to my friends, maybe Tyler. Surely, he had come home, worried for my well-being, thinking about me every day and full of hope, I would come back. The thought made me smile. I would hold on to it for now.

Rebekah stood with Kol and I decided to join them.
"Hello Caroline. Was Ayana able to help you?" Rebekah asked curiously.
"She said, she needs time. I'm supposed to come back tomorrow so she can see what to do."

"There is hope then," the girl smiled and seemed truly happy for me. I returned her grin.

Before, I hadn't realized it as clearly, but I did consider her a friend, even if just lightly. She wasn't a bitch right now and she was also not trying to steal my spotlight as she had a lot in school.

I caught Kol scrutinizing me closely.
"What?" I asked. "Something wrong?"

"Not particularly. I just happened to notice your way of talking. It is certainly different than take for example my lovely sister. I wonder, has it to do with your origins? It is something I would love to know. Would you be so kind as to tell me when you remember?" he asked.

It was true. They were all talking very politely, not to mention their habit of using old words. But wait The Original family of my present spoke English with a British accent, presumably because they learned the language in England. Their first language was another. Then, how was I able to communicate with them? I heard English. A side-effect of Bonnie's spell perhaps?

"I guess, if you want to know," I laughed and Kol smiled satisfied.

"Sister," Klaus came up to us. In the background, Tatia was walking away. Guess he was done talking to her and settled down to talk to us.

Wait... Thinking like this sounded like jealousy. And I was most definitely not jealous!

"I am to show you what I found, as I remember. Kol, would you go find Elijah and help him out, please?" Klaus stated.
As Kol did as he was told, Rebekah grabbed my arm.

"We should take her with us," she decided. Klaus didn't argue. Rebekah pulled me along with them as Klaus got a torch and lit it on fire.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.
"To a special place," Klaus promised and we entered a cave. I remembered it vividly. It was the cave, in which we had found with the story of first vampires. Their family. A bit afraid I wouldn't be able to enter, as that was the case last time I'd attempted to, I slowed down. But the blonde, who still had a hold of my arm, wouldn't let me.

To my luck, I was able to pass just fine. Rebekah let me go and revealed a blade. Beaming with excitement, she started carving her name into the stone with ancient runes. Klaus was watching carefully.

"Rebekah, let me have at it," he said.
"Quiet, Niklaus, I need to have my concentration if I am not to slice off a finger," she answered while continuing to carve.
"Father will not like you handling a blade," her brother shot back and my eyes dashed over to his face lit by the fire.

"If I want to wield a blade," my friend said cheekily, "I shall wield a blade." I chuckled.
Klaus shot me a short look as if to shut me up and I held back another giggle.