Give him back to me

My eyes shot open as I found myself bound to a chair. Around me, all my friends had positioned themselves, looking at me with worried faces. Oh, and Katherine was there too.
I didn't even try to struggle, I was way too exhausted from my previous breakdown to do that.
"Hey, Care. Have you calmed down a bit?", Elena did the first approach and I just nodded.
"Please untie me. I won't do anything crazy, I promise.", I sighed and Rebekah exchanged looks with Tyler. Then she gave her okay and the boy carefully took of the ropes.
"I have questions.", I said while getting up.
"So do we." Elijah had crossed his arms. Everyone was tense, including me when we decided to all sit down. I took a seat as far away from Katherine as possible.
"This will be a quit-pro-quo.", the other blonde at the table stated. "You ask us something, we ask you something."
"Sounds fair.", I agreed. My mind was still in a rush, trying to figure out a way to get by the pain inside.
"So? What do you want to know?"
There were so many things. I wanted to know everything about from what had happened to Klaus and how our lifes had gotten to this point without him to how things even worked now since his bloodline never came to be. But I decided to start with something else.
"Katherine is Elijah's girlfriend, right? Meaning she never had to run from Klaus. I presume, Elijah turned her. But then, who turned the Salvatore brothers if not Katherine?"
The doppelganger raised her eyebrows. "Why would I turn them?"
"I did.", Rebekah said. "Stefan and I were in a relationship, I decided to turn him and he wanted to turn Damon. His brother was okay with it."
Okay what? Rebekah was the one turning the Salvatore brothers? That was a bummer. My face must have had an expression which said exactly that because Rebekah did not seem all too pleased at it.
"Why is that surprising?", she asked, a bit cross.
"Where I'm from or at least, what I remember, Katherine turned the brothers because she found it amusing or whatever. And you didn't meet the younger Salvatore until about the 1960s. So yes, I find this surprising. Oh, also, Katherine did not end up with Elijah, at least not back then. And you were with someone named Marcel or you were crushing on him big time.", I tilted my head.
"I cannot imagine Katarina ever doing such things.", Elijah shook his head, ignoring me mentioning Marcel's name. I took this as an indication that they didn't even know Marcel here.
"Believe it or not, she did. It's my turn again.", I was aware of how pissed I sounded. "How did Stef and you break up?"
Stefan stroke his chin. "We had a disagreement about a few things after Lexi got me off my Ripper side. But as you can see, we're still friends."
"She even approved of me as Stefan's girlfriend.", Elena smiled. "Who could ask for more?"
"Right...", I said. "Is Lexi also still alive?"
"Unfortunately, she passed.", Damon answered, earing a hurt look by Stefan. Good to know that event hadn't changed.
"Those were two questions.", Elena stated. Great counting, my friend.
"Our turn. Tyler mentioned, you thought you two broke up. Why?"
"He walked away from me when I needed him."
Ty narrowed his eyes. "I would never!"
"Except you did!", I said, a bitter taste in my mouth.
"Why would I do that?", there went question number two.
"You hated Klaus more than you loved me."
The Mikaelsons flinched at the mention of their brother's name. Had they really gotten so unused to it?
"Different topic: how was I turned into a vampire?", I wanted to know.
"You got hurt and Damon healed you with his blood. But then, there was this accident.", Katherine answered. "I tried to save you but was too late."
That had me laugh. Save me? No way!
"What's so funny?", the Petrova questioned unsure.
"Actually, it was you who killed me off in the first place.", I said, not showing any remorce. Why should I? Why should I care about all this, about them? This was not how the story should have gone. Klaus was supposed to play a part in all this.
"What?", the girl exclaimed. "I..."
"Would never do this, how could I possibly accuse you of all that?", I finished for her. "Easy, because it's true. Don't whine, grow up, Katherine."
Elijah glared at me angrily. "Watch your mouth, Caroline."
"Oh, I'm sorry, have I hurt your girlfriend's feelings?", I fake apologized. "Should I tell you how it went in my timeline? You moved on from Katherine, she's human now because Elena shoved her the cure down her throat and you, Elijah, have something with a werewolf who is carrying your brother's unborn child!"
Rebekah rolled her eyes. "Now you're getting ahead of yourself! An unborn child, seriously? How would that even work?"
"No, it's my turn asking! Is Elena a vampire here? Does Damon still dig her and tries to be better for her? And what about Silas? Has he tried something yet?"
"Me? A vampire?", Elena laughed. "Stefan knows, I wouldn't want that!"
"You didn't have a choice back then!", I snarled.
"And no, Damon does not dig my girlfriend! But we do know Silas, no idea where he's at right now though.", Stefan tried hard not to lose his cool. Damon on the other hand seemed a bit cought.
"Oh?", I grinned. Don't ask me why I was being a bitch. Maybe it was because I just didn't care since I had lost the person I loved. Or perhaps it was because I was trying to act tough to not have another breakdown. "I think, Damon sees this otherwise! You are in love with your brother's girl, aren't you?"
"What is wrong with you?", Elena snapped. So she wasn't uneffected by this, was she? "You know, what I think, Caroline?!"
"Do tell.", I said sarcastically.
"I think, you are just not able to cope with your unwanted vampirism again, about to shut off your humanity or even already have, once more, and moreover, trying to get attention by pretending to be your doppelganger or something!"
The Mikaelsons glared at the girl furiously.
"Didn't we agree to not bring her doppelganger up ever again?!", Becka clicked her tongue. "After all, she disappeared just after our brother died, leaving us to deal with the grief."
It's not like I'd had choice.
"Right, sorry.", Elena apologized.
"Wait a second.", I noticed something, recalling my friend's words. "Not able to cope with the fact that I'm a vampire? Shutting off my humanity?! I've never done that!"
Stefan scratched his head laughing. "Of course you have! I've tried teaching you the ways of being a good vampire but you still hate yourself. You think you're dead and this ain't a good life? Exactly the reason why you shut if off."
What? Why would I do that? I was a good vampire and I was perfectly fine handling emotions. Well, except losing my boyfriend, that was a bit too much, even for my taste. So why did I hate being what I was in this world?
"Oh my god.", I let out. "Of course! It makes sense! My eighteenth birthday, Klaus came to save me from the werewolf venom. And set aside that he was the reason I was infected in the first place, he showed me what was so special about my new being. Why I should not despise what I had become."
"Okay, now you're seriously going nuts!", Elena shook her head.
"Do you really think I could just invent all this?", I asked.
"Well, if not, how come you know so much about Niklaus?", Elijah thought aloud.
I sighed. "It's very simple, actually. Silas sent a witch after me, who performed a spell, throwing me back into the time the Mikaelsons were still human. His objective: for me to kill Klaus. But I didn't. Rather, I fell in love with him, which unfortunately resulted in his death. Ayana sent me back to my time, erasing what happened, Klaus came back to life, because he never died. I started remembering fragments, leading me to go to New Orleans, ending up as his girlfriend and returning here due to Silas' threatening my Mum and friends. Dude finds out, Klaus dies, reverses Ayana's spell, I end up here with Klaus gone, the timeline changed and as you can see, me at the brink of madness." I let that sink in. "Now that I say it out loud, it does sound a bit complicated."
A question I had was why I was put in this time. If the spell had been undone, shouldn't I still be in the past? But did it really matter? However it had happened, it did and I hated it.
Damon made a weird face, processing all the information.
"So you're saying, the girl from centuries ago, who was there and disappeared after Klaus' death, that was you?", Elijah wanted to confirm, remembering the events from the past.
"Yes."
"Say, we do believe you or even just bits of your story, what do you expect us to do now? We can't change what happened. Not again.", Elena crossed her arms.
"We can and we have to. What I want is to get him back.", I clarified. "I want Klaus Mikaelson to come back to life."