Oh, Hayley's here, that's cool. Wait, what?!

After finishing up breakfast, I quickly texted Elena to ask if she got home okay and to make sure that Jeremy was fine. Klaus had excused himself after showing me my room, a pretty big one by the way, so I was here on my own. Bored I started roaming the mansion. I was aware that it wasn't actually their house since that one was inhibited by someone named Marcellus. Still, it was huge. I didn't want to go into each of the rooms since I didn't know which one belonged to one of the siblings. As a result, I only focused on the ones I was sure were okay for me to enter. Like my room, the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom, the library (I knew where I'd be spending a lot of time!), Klaus' room (he had a huge bathroom on his own and an own drawer) and a room which I discovered to be for his art. There were some pictures of me, one or two maybe and letters that he'd written but never sent on the back of those drawings. Both said that he wanted to show me the city. Nothing new. He'd already told me that in a voice mail long ago. A bit later and here I was, in his city. Now he'd have to bring something good to the table. If he wanted to proove how awesome New Orleans was, he should show me something special.
I made my way back to the library and started going through the Originals' book collection that Klaus had already organized right after moving in here. And oh my god, they had a big one. I loved it! I found sooo many classics so I spent half the day just reading them and my hunger for literature still wasn't satisfied. Around noon I decided, I needed a snack. With a book in hand, I found my way to the kitchen. I was so deep into reading that I almost didn't notice the familiar face that was sitting at the kitchen counter, staring at me in shook as I walked in. When I finally noticed her, I didn't really realize what her being here meant.
"Oh, hi Hayley, how are you? Didn't know you were here?", I took a look in the freezer. "Wait..." Slowly, I turned back to face her. "What are you doing here?"
She looked at me just as confused as I was eyeing her. "I could ask you the same thing."
"Well, I'm only passing through... why the hell are you in Klaus' house?", I asked again.
"Passing through? How's Tyler? I live here at the moment.", she said back.
"Yes, road-trip, none of your business. I don't know, haven't seen him since over a week. What do you mean: live here?" Our conversation was basically only answering and asking questions at the same time.
"Why not? Doesn't he inform you where he is? Thought you were that close. They took me in because of reasons.", her hands were lying on the table.
"Reasons? What does that mean? No, he doesn't. We're broken up.", I gave back.
"Oh, sorry to hear that. And I don't know if it's my right to tell you. I fear that Klaus would hate me if I did.", she told me. "Ask him when he returns. Only if he won't tell you, I will once again overthink my silence."
"Why would you do that?"
"Because I may not like you that much, obviously, but I know what it's like to be a girl who likes someone. You should know what you're getting involved with."
I wanted to tell her that she had the wrong idea about me being here but the freezer started beeping and the werewolf decided to take her food upstairs. What was going on?

After my weird conversation with Hayley, I went back to the library but couldn't focus on reading anymore. Why was Hayley here? It made no sense.
The day went by, Klaus wasn't home the entire day and I was bored as hell right now. I had started searching for bloodbags and found them after a short time. Just when I finished drinking, the entrance door creeked open yet again. Klaus was finally back. Maybe I'd get answers now?
"Hey, love, how was your day?", he instantly found me.
"Ah well, okay, I guess. Where have you been?", I wanted to know and put the empty bloodbag aside.
"Had some business to take care of.", he grinned. "Were you bored without me?"
"Not really. Your books kept me great company.", I smiled. "Say, I have a question for you and I want you to answer it truthfully."
He eyed me curiously. "Of course. What do you want to know?"
"Why is Hayley here?"
His smile dropped.
"You've seen Hayley? Have you talked to her?"
"Yes. And she told me, I should have you tell me why she's staying at your house. So?"
"It's complicated.", he cleared his throat.
"As is math. Just tell me."
He sighed.
"Alright. Follow me to the living room, I'll tell you the whole story there."
He gestured for me to sit down and I took my spot on the sofa again, crossing my legs while he sat next to me. My body was turned towards him so I could see his face.
"How to best start with this? I protected Hayley from Katherine and because of that, she was in my house.", he began. "We talked a bit, teased each other about how we couldn't get the one we loved and one thing led to another."
"Wait, wait, wait. Am I understanding it right what you're hinting at? You slept with her?", I gasped, totally ignoring how he'd spoken about not being able to get the one he loved which made me question if he'd meant me.
"Yeah, exactly.", he sighed. "And then the witches of New Orleans kidnapped her and lured me here where I found out about my former substitute who had taken over my city."
"Okay... what I don't get is why they kidnapped her? Just because you slept with her once? It was only a one-time thing, right?", I asked. As if that wasn't bad enough.
"Jealous, love? Don't worry, it was only a one-night-stand, no feelings involved whatsoever.", he chuckled.
"Then why did they take her?"
"Because nature is a bitch and decided my werewolf side could reproduce. Believe me, I didn't even think it was possible at first but after a while, I accepted it."
My jaw dropped.
"You mean, Hayley is pregnant?!"
He nodded.
"Wow. Well done, Klaus.", I said ironically. "And you didn't think this would be important to mention before I decided to stay in your house?"
"Are you mad?", he asked.
"No! Not at all!", I told him, knowing it didn't sound that convincing.
"About the baby?"
"You slept with her.", I just gave back.
"You're mad because I had a one-night-stand?! Are you serious? What am I supposed to say? You've had a boyfriend for a long time, Caroline. Besides, why would you be mad? I thought you didn't think of me that way?", he growled.
I sighed. "I don't know. I honestly don't. There's nothing to do about it anyways. It happened. Good for you. You'll be a father, congratulations."
We both went silent. It wasn't only the baby that upset me. I remembered well what Hayley had done, betraying Tyler and the other twelve hybrids, getting Ty's pack killed and snapping my neck in the process. And that girl was now carrying Klaus' child inside her. Wow.
"You'll still stay though, right? If she bothers you, I'll make sure you don't see her around when you're here.", his voice was quiet.
"You'd do that for me?"
"I'd do anything for you."
I didn't look at him but blushed a bit.
"It's okay. I can deal with it."
"Good.", he smiled a bit. "You hungry? How about we order something?"

Hey everyone!
I hope you had a great start to your week and enjoyed this new chapter. Next week's chapter has some sweet scenes that I hope you'll like.
Again, I wanted to mention that my new Klaroline is up and gets another chapter this thursday, go check it out if you're interested.
Other than that, thank you for reading, voting and commenting, stay awesome and as always, have an amazing week!