Please just let me rest for once

After days, weeks and months on the sea, we finally arrived.
Having been stuck on a ship for so long without anyone we could really feed on, our mouths were dryer than ever. Consequently, the first thing we did on this new continent that I had never been to before, was feed. Klaus gestured for me to follow him since we were still keeping the cover of me being human and shared his human bloodbag with me. I showed him the way of compelling the person and when he didn't look, I quickly healed the girl for my good conscience.
After all that was done, we joined together again and took a look at the land. I wasn't sure in which country we'd arrived but it didn't matter. We were away from Mikael for now and that was the most important part.
"The sun is rising.", Rebekah smiled and took a look at the sky. "This will be a new path for us."
"We will have to learn to adapt to this new way of living.", Elijah stated as we began walking away from the shore. "It will take figuring out the differences between us and humans, trying to compensate our hunger and embrace what we are."
Klaus nodded. "It won't be easy."
"Nothing ever is.", Rebekah sighed. And I already knew she would turn out to be right.

We reached a town as the sun reached its highest point. Elijah put his compelling skills to good use and demanded a house for us. The siblings decided to stay for a while and move on when necessary since we'd brought enough distance between us and their father. As for me, I had plans to seek out a witch and finally continue my personal quest of solving the mess Silas had started in my time. Rebekah made herself out to be the one setting up our new accommodation, Kol and Finn unsurprisingly headed out for a drink while Elijah and Klaus wanted to take a look around.
"Are you coming with us?", Klaus asked me as they headed out but I shook my head.
"Go ahead. I want to check something out first.", I smiled.
"Alright, don't stay out too long, sweetheart.", he quickly gave me a peck on the lips, then followed his brother outside. I headed out as well, walking around town and hoping I would find a trace of witches. When I suddenly heard low wispers that sounded like chanting, my heart jumped. To be honest, I had been waiting way too long to encounter a witch and now, I wasn't even sure if they'd know a way to help me. I found a small house and knocked at the door. The wispers stopped and a second later, a man opened up.
"Hello?", he greeted confused. "Can I help you?"
"That depends.", I answered. "Do you know witchcraft?"
The man already wanted to close the door again, rolling his eyes in an annoyed manner.
"I need help!", I tried stopping him, not being able to step inside yet. "The love of my life is dying and I am searching for a way to stop it."
He stopped the creeking wood and sighed. "Fine, we'll hear you out. Come in."
"Thank you!" I was let inside and took a quick look around. The floor was covered with plants and candles, there were old books on the shelves and another girl on the ground.
"Who are you?", she asked suspicious, examining me from head to toe.
"My name is Elizabeth.", I told them, hiding my first name intentionally. "And I need your help."
"Interesting. Why should we care?", the girl wanted to know, looking more to the boy than me.
"Because, Heather, she said she wanted to prevent her loved one from dying. And I can totally understand that desire.", he told her. Surprisingly, she started nodding. "As long as the required spell does not go against nature, we will help.", she smiled. "Sit with us."
I dropped myself onto the ground next to her, thankful that they'd try and just hoping, they wouldn't figure out, my being itself actually went against basic laws of nature.
"Now, you already know my name, it's Heather, and this here is my very stubborn love, Kilian.", the girl introduced the boy. "So, what exactly is going on with your lover, Elizabeth?"
I sighed. "A lot. I am basically searching for a way to protect him from future damage, which would end in death because of me. It is a long story, actually, but let me start with this, I was not born in this time."
Kilian raised his eyebrows while Heather started to curiously twist her head. "Then how are you here?"
"A witch sent me. That same witch has already done horrors to the future and shown me alternate universes, which I would really not like to experience again. I'm trying to keep the past the way it should be and the future from being changed."
"And this involves your love?", Kilian asked and I nodded. "He wasn't supposed to die but a change in time caused his death. When I was sent here again for the second time, I prevented this event from happening but he is still not safe.", I explained.
"Are you sure, he wasn't supposed to die yet?", Heather bit her lip. She was obviously intrigued by my story.
"Very certain, yes.", I confirmed. Why would he have to die now? Him dying would not only mess up the timeline but create a paradox. It made no sense.
"Alright, we understand your trouble with the situation. Plus, you seem nice and don't deserve to lose your soulmate.", Kilian smiled. "But what can we do?"
"I need to find a spell or rather spells that solve a few things. First, bring the timeline back to normal. Second, somehow still reserve my memories of the events. Third, assure my boyfriend will be protected and last, prevent Silas from trying to mess with the timeline again.", I listed. Heather raised her eyebrows.
"That's a lot of things.", she mentioned. I was very well aware of that but what could I do? This was important.
"Bringing the timeline back to normal should be possible. We just need a spell to transfer you back and erase all that has happened which should not have been the case.", Kilian thought aloud.
"I'm not sure if we'll be able to have your memories remain though.", Heather admitted. "Why would you want to keep them anyways?"
"I have my reasons.", I said, not knowing if I would get back with Klaus as fast if I'd lost them. Who knew, maybe I'd marry someone else until I'd finally see him again and realize how much I'd loved him all along. I wasn't up for that.
"About your third and fourth request, we can maybe put a protection spell on your man to protect him from all evil. And whoever that Silas person is, we can find him and take away his magic.", Kilian proposed but I shook my head.
"Those options will both not work. Klaus only needs to be protected from the time changes, nothing more.", I told them. If he was protected from everything, time would change again because he would never be in danger of anything. And though I loved him dearly, it wasn't my right to protect him from those scars since those were what defined him. "And Silas did not perform the spell himself."
"He did not? That complicates things...", Heather scratched her chin. "Maybe we could somehow make it that the spell only exists once in written form. If you are to return to your time, you can then destroy that piece and the spell problem would be solved."
"That might not be the worst idea!", I nodded. "It would be easy to find the paper if I know what it looks like and I'm faster than the witch anyways."
"Then we only have to figure out a way to do the spell-stuff and we're good.", Kilian grinned.
"Perfect!", I exhaled relieved. "How long will that take?"
"A few months probably.", Heather shrugged her shoulders.
"What? But we're only staying for a week.", I let my head rest in the palm of my hand. Of course, I could always return but then, they'd know about my vampirism.
"We cannot do it faster.", Kilian apologized. "You will have to return if you want it done."
"I have no choice then.", I gave in. After all, I was the one asking something of them, not the other way around. "Thank you anyways, I appreciate your help. If you need me, do a locator spell."
I left them some strands of hair and got up. We said good-bye at the door and I left, grateful that there seemed to be at least some hope. Even if it would take a lot of time to fulfill it.

When I returned to our temporary residence, Rebekah had just set up dinner. She was putting her compulsion to the test as she told me, and had compelled another girl to prepare all this. Whoever it had been, thank her because what she'd made looked delicious! Klaus and Elijah returned soon after, telling us Kol and Finn would not attend dinner.
"We should just eat without them.", Rebekah rolled her eyes. "It's their loss."
"Indeed it is.", Klaus smiled, then turned to me. "Hello love."
He greeted me with a quick kiss and moved the chair back for me afterwards.
"Niklaus and I have had a look around and we've found out that we appear to be in a country called France. They unfortunately speak another language than us but we should be quick to gain the knowledge necessary for living here.", Elijah started when we took our first bites of the meal.
Mhm. That meant Kilian and Heather were most likely new here like us or somehow able to speak my language. I'd have to ask them about that later.
"We thought of moving along the countryside until we find our next place to stay, if everyone is okay with that.", the noble one then suggested.
"Sounds good to me. The only worry I have is for Caroline. We might not age but with everything going on, father on our tail and us constantly moving around, are you certain taking her with us is a good idea?", my friend brought up and her brother eyed me carefully. Klaus on the other hand ruffled through his hair, trying to not let on that he knew I was like them.
"I can handle it.", I told the other blonde. "Besides, I took the oath as well. Always and Forever. That does involve my whole life span."
Suddenly, Klaus stood up and gestured me to follow him. "A word, please? Just between us two?"
"Sure?"
I followed him, hoping his siblings would not suspect anything. I was farley certain he wanted to talk about something specific...
"Why do we lie to them?", he whispered to me, proving me to be right about my assumption.
"They cannot know! Actually, you shouldn't even have this information! But you found out by yourself so there was nothing I could do!", I mumbled back, speaking so quietly, not even the Mikaelson's vampire ears would be able to pick it up.
"But why? There is so much, I do not know about you! And yet, you seem to know me better than anyone? It is unfair!", he complained, a bit angry.
"Well, what do you want me to tell you?", I said back upset.
He shook his head in disbelief. "Are you serious? Things like, where do you come from, why were your old clothes so weird, why did you pretend to not remember anything at the beginning, how do you know me like this and what happened that turned you into one of us?"
It pained me to look into his begging eyes, knowing I could not answer any of those questions.
"Klaus, honey, I understand you want answers. And everything will make sense in the future but right now, I cannot give you a response.", I sighed and wanted to take his hands in mine but he pulled them away. "Just know that everything I do is because I love you.", I attempted again but he still seemed distant.
"It's not that I do not love you as well, sweetheart.", he didn't look me into the eye. "I just can't be lied to. I wish you would tell me the truth and show me you care."
Why was this happening again? How come, I had to keep secrects from him that tore us apart bit by bit. It broke my heart to see him move further away from me due to all this.
"I want to but you wouldn't believe or like it anyways...", I told him and he clicked his tongue in disapproval. "You don't know that."
"I can very well imagine it.", I looked down and tried not to start crying.
"Wow, okay. Why do I even try? You know what, you are not even worth the calories I burn talking to you right now. Just forget it.", he growled and returned to the table.
That stung. I hated us fighting like this. Why could nothing ever go right?!

Ending this chapter on a not so good note but hey, secrets always seem to mess with their relationship.
I really have to get back to writing on this story soon, I'm running out of chapters to post but do not worry! I will have them ready for the next weeks!
And so, I will see you all next monday, until then have a great week!