Shattering News

Next morning, I was more awake than ever, ready to go to Ayana.

Klaus insisted on keeping me company on the way there and we had some small talk, though nothing specific. He avoided what happened yesterday and I wouldn't push him to talk about something he didn't want to.

As I stepped through the door alone, I could already feel the power lingering in the air. Ayana was waiting for me and told me to sit down, like last time.

"We will start right away to not lose even a minute. I will try to reach your friend, you will talk. I cannot give you much time, only half an hour, so focus on what is important, alright?"

I gave her a slight nod. She began chanting, the candles flaring up and the air weighing down on me. My vision blurred.

A second later, I found myself in a living room. The Salvatore mansion.
And I wasn't alone either. My friends were there, some of them at least.

"Elena?" I asked, taking my second bestie by surprise as she jumped off the sofa and turned to look at me. My body was a little bit transparent, but one way or another, she could hear me. That was all that mattered.

"Caroline? Oh god, we have been looking for you, where have you been?" she asked, relieved and worried at the same time.

"Haven't you spoken with Bonnie?" I wondered. Wouldn't she have told them?

Jeremy, who was still sitting on the couch, exchanged knowing glances with his sister.

"As I told my sister a couple of days ago... Bonnie is no longer with the living," he told me cautiously. "She passed away before the veil went back down."

Confused I shook my head. He had to be mistaken!

"I am so sorry," Elena started but I shushed her.
"That can't be. I talked to her a couple of days ago. She was the one who performed the spell that sent me here. She said, she needed something to defeat Silas. At Stefan's request."

Jeremy's calm demeanor was shaken, worry taken hold of his face.
"Caroline, I can see Bonnie as a ghost. I have talked to her all summer, she never was away travelling."

My lower lip began to tremble. "That means..."
"Whoever performed the spell, it wasn't Bonnie."

Eyes watering, I was still wrapping my head around the news.
"She's really gone?" I cried. Elena nodded sadly. Tears were running down my cheeks.
"How am I gonna get home? I don't want to be stuck in this time for forever."

Damon looked at me with pity.
"Sorry Blondie, nothing we can do about it."

At least, I still had Ayana working on the spell to bring me back.
"I have a witch here who could help me, maybe I'll be back soon. By the way." I wiped my tears away as well as I could. "Where's Tyler?"

As soon as the question had been spoken, Elena was taken over by devastation.
"He called me because he couldn't reach you " she started, and I smiled for just a second. My smile, however, vanished when she continued.

"I wanted to tell him about how you were missing but he wouldn't let me talk. He wanted me to tell you, he wouldn't be coming back anytime soon. It sounded final," Elena said apologetically, "like final final."

I knew what she meant.
"He broke up with me? Through you? After all we've been through?"

Unbelievable! How could he do this to me? Just shattering my heart into tiny pieces and carelessly stepping on it. What an idiot!

"I'm sorry, Care," Elena mumbled.
"It's okay. I'll handle. I always do. On my own." A sigh escaped my lips. Quickly, I caught myself again, telling them about the plan to bring me back.
"That's good, you'll be back in no time then." Elena smiled.

Jeremy did too. "Bonnie says hi and hopes you make it out of there safely. She is sorry for everything and assumes, the witch and the spell that sent you there were Silas' doing. He's getting stronger."

Silas' doing? Great news. It would explain the request to kill the Mikaelsons.

My time was almost up.
"I have to go. I love you all." I forced a smile, purposely leaving out a See you soon. It wouldn't cross my lips.

My conciseness shifted back to the witch's old house. Ayana raised her brows in pity.
I assumed she knew what we had talked about.

"I am sorry," she said. I ignored it and got up.
"Thank you for that. I will see you around." I murmured and stumbled to the door.

Lightly pushing it open, I stepped outside. Tears dripped down my cheeks again. I did not hold back, just cried and walked until two arms grabbed me and pulled me back.