Confessions

Sighing, I went back to my room and dropped myself onto the bed. I was more exhausted than I'd thought and I felt pretty tired from the day. At least, Klaus and I had settled things on good terms, quite a relief actually. I smiled remembering the hug he'd just given me. How could this Original being, who was feared by almost every other creature, be so sweet and caring around me?
Breathing in, I got my phone out and texted Elena. She didn't answer me, maybe she was busy or sleeping. As a result, I put my phone aside and took one of the pillows in my arms. Hugging it and maybe kind of wishing it was the hybrid, I started to settle down and got some rest, as much as this could be called resting.
When I awoke, I firstly breathed the scent of the room in. So familiar. Wiping my eyes, I got up and looked at the clock. I hadn't slept long, only half an hour but I felt more refreshed than ever even if I'd seen some images. Surprisingly enough though, they had not been as bad as they usually were. Hungry or rather thirsty, I got myself a bloodbag and downed it as quickly as I could. Just as I was about to make myself comfortable on the bed in my room with a book to read, I heard the door being smashed open.
"Hello?", I asked loudly, my voice echoing through the hall. Klaus entered the chamber, looking like he'd just gone through hell, completely beside himself.
"Caroline? What are you doing in my room?", he asked and stopped in his path. Wait what?
"Your room...?" It downed on me. Oops. I'd been here everytime in the past days, already taking it as my room. Awkward...
"The more important question is what happened to you?", I shifted the focus to escape the situation. His features completely dropped.
"Am I a monster?"
"What?"
"I'm a monster, right? I'm the lesser brother, the one without hope and humanity, the one who always just sees himself.", he said, tears in his eyes. I don't think I had ever seen him so shattered and broken before. He seemed more vulnerable than ever!
"What?", I asked again, totally unsure of what was happening.
"Everyone thinks that. Hayley, Elijah, Tyler...", he brought out.
"You saw Tyler?", I wanted to know in shook.
"Yes. He told me that you were never going to forgive me for my actions. And he's right, isn't he? You too see me as a monster. As will my child.", his voice broke and if I wasn't mistaking, he was actually about to cry now.
"Oh my god, Klaus, no!", I threw the book onto the ground (sorry literature but this was way more important) and quickly walked over to him.
"Who'd say such a thing?"
"My own brother!", he admitted very upset. "I even almost bit him but didn't because I thought of you! Still, everyone is right. I am a monster."
Gently, I wiped away the tear, which was flowing down his face by now.
"Don't you ever think again that you are a monster. Of course, you are not perfect but noone ever is. And yes, you have made mistakes but where would we be if we'd let mistakes define us?!", I told him, putting one hand on his cheek while I let the other rest on his shoulder. "You are a family person. You are so charismatic about your siblings and I know, you will be an amazing father. And maybe you don't see it, but there is so much humanity left in you."
His emotional state was transferring to me, having me at the brink of crying as well.
"How would you know?", he asked quietly.
"Because I myself have seen it. I know about the one you once were.", I said. He had to know. He just needed to be aware of how much he still reminded me of his younger self.
"What?"
"The long story I mentioned? In short: Your dreams, they're real. I was there. Silas sent me back in time."
His jaw dropped.
"But that's not what's important right now. You need to know that you are not a monster. You never were one.", I admitted. I myself had accused him of this several times before but it wasn't right. Rebekah's warning returned to my mind. Be careful, huh?
"Caroline, I need you to be honest with me.", Klaus suddenly said.
"Of course, about what?", I answered and took my hands off him.
"I want your confession. Especially after everything we've been through in the past days, I need you to be sincere with me. No more lies."
I nodded slowly. "Confession about what?"
"Me."
My heart dropped. What was I supposed to say? 'I kinda like you'? My head started pounding. No, seriously? Another image? Now? But no image appeared in my mind. Instead, my thoughts were spinning, my eyes locked onto his lips, then wandering up to his eyes and getting lost in their depth.
"Caroline?", Klaus looked worried now.
There were a thousand possibilities of what I could have done next. I could've told him that I wasn't sure myself, I could have lied. Instead, I went closer to him, while still looking him deeply in the eyes. Those were following my every move. Our faces were now only inches apart. I could feel my heart beating out my chest, my breath started to slightly shake. I must admit, I was a bit scared of what would happen next. But all that went away in the blink of an eye. Finally, I leaned in and kissed him carefully and very slowly. Then I parted from him. It felt almost like what I remembered of the fragments, only much better. A smirk appeared on Klaus' face. "I knew it."
"Oh shut up.", I said and kissed him again. This time, it was way more passionate. Our lips started moving as one and he put his hands on my waist. For a moment, he was gone from me to close the door. The next second, I felt him lift me up from the ground, getting back into the kiss. I wrapped my legs around his hips to steady myself as he and I shared kiss after kiss. My hands were in his hair, ruffling through it while we shared the air. He put me onto his bed and I put my hands around his neck, pulling him nearer to me. My body moved on its own, pulling his shirt off, while having to let go of him for almost way too long to do so. He made it easier for himself, just ripping apart my shirt to reveal the naked skin beneath it. His eyes roamed my body, taking me in as best as he could before returning to kissing me. I felt his muscles move above me and it made me shiver as his hand moved up and down certain areas.
Shortly, he moved his face away from mine to look at me more clearly.
"Remember that one time, I was in Tyler's body? What you said to him or rather me then?"
I chuckled and nodded. Did he have to bring this up now?
"Time to make up for that, don't you think?"
"More like make-out.", I joked. "Also, you talk too much."
I pulled him closer to me once again, entirely vanishing into this act of passion.

Hey everyone, sorry for the shorter chapter but at least the content was, you know, exquisite.
I've had quite a week, I was (still am) sick and not allowed to talk, which is killing me, and I am more than exhausted.
Nevertheless, I have two theatre performances this week so wish me luck pleaseee
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you next week! Love you all!