Lots of Cheerful Moments

When I awoke, it was very early morning, maybe around 4 AM. I felt something warm underneath me, holding me close. It felt good. Safe. I slightly lifted my head and realized I had used Klaus as a pillow. His arms were wrapped around me tightly. Breathing steadily, I guessed, he was still sleeping.

I wanted to stay like this and not move. A realization hit me like a truck. What if the Mikaelsons woke up and found mine and Klaus' bed empty? He already had enough of his father's wrath on him, he shouldn't suffer because of this too.

Hastily, I took Klaus' arms off me. The candle wasn't lit anymore, the wind must've blown it out. I took Klaus up in my arms, which felt weird, then vamp speeded back to the house and put him on his sleeping place before I took my spot myself. I would just tell him, we went back here at night, both tired so he probably didn't remember.

I tried to shut my eyes, missing his embrace. What was wrong with me?

Klaus didn't question me any further after I had told him my cover story. He spent the day helping his father on the hunt while I helped his mother in the kitchen.

"Caroline, would you be so kind as to let the boys know the food is ready?" Esther asked.
"Of course." I walked to the door and vamp speeded to the place I was certain I'd find my friends. And yes, I considered them friends.

The time, I had spent living with them had changed my views on at least their human versions. When I arrived I saw another girl approaching as well. Elijah was busy with Henrik, but the Original Doppelganger seemed to want to talk to someone else anyways.

"Klaus, Elijah, Henrik!" I called out just as Tatia opened her mouth to speak. Klaus turned to me, smiling as he saw who had spoken. He shot a look back at the other girl.

"I am sorry, Tatia. I don't want to have her waiting for me to come nor do I want to have my father's anger on me yet again. Whatever you want to say to me, it will have to be discussed on another day."

I grinned. A few days ago, he would've ignored my request, just to talk to her. Now, Tatia was the one left behind when Klaus went to greet me.

"I haven't seen you all day," he smiled. "Is everything okay? Did preparing the dishes go well?"

I gave him a nod while we were being joined by his brothers.
"It did. Though I must admit, I am not the kind of girl that likes to stand in the kitchen all day."

He smirked. "Of course, you aren't," he said winking at me. I chuckled.
"How about you? I hope you didn't come back hurt?"
"Your worry for me is lovely. But don't fear, I am in perfect condition."

We arrived at the house. He opened the door and held it for me to pass. As we entered, we stopped talking, yet their smiles didn't disappear which made me fairly happy. All the siblings were more relaxed today and thus, dinner was a lot less uncomfortable.

Mikael had an acceptable mood as well, allowing us to sit outside and talk before going to sleep. Only Henrik was to go to bed already since he was the youngest. Rebekah, Elijah, Klaus and even Kol sat down together, genuinely satisfied with their day. Finn didn't join us. Kol jokingly assumed, his brother was probably meeting with some girl.

I took a spot close to Klaus, who smiled as I sat down next to him.

"Have you remembered from where you came yet?" Kol asked me, causing Klaus to give me a worried look to make sure I wasn't going to burst out in tears.

"I have but I cannot tell you its name or where to find it. I don't know that either," I answered. "I was brought here by magic, Ayana is preparing to help me find my way back." That was close enough to the truth.

Rebekah sighed. "Do you have to leave? I was getting used to having another girl around."
I chuckled.
"I do have to, I'm sorry, Rebekah. My friends back home need me."

"We need you too," Kol threw in there. "You've brought something new to our home. Something exciting."
"And yet not always good for you. As I recall you had to take in punishments due to my stubbornness," I gulped.

Klaus shook his head.
"Your stubbornness is something that has changed us. We get to deal better with some issues. May I remind you of our talks? Believe me, they provided me great comfort and advice."

I blushed. "It was nothing, really. You did the same for me."
We looked each other in the eyes for a moment, grinning like crazy. Then, I remembered the presence of his siblings and cleared my throat.

"Let us change the topic, shall we? Rebekah, tell us something new and exciting." Just like that the attention was on something completely different as she told us all about her day. I listened, but was so tired, it got harder to focus by the minute.

"I shall take my leave and go to bed," I stated some time later and stood up.
"Alright, sleep tight, Caroline."
I offered a smile to everyone.

"Sweet dreams. Dream of stars, will you?" Klaus smirked, making me chuckle.
"I'll see what I can do," I answered smiling.

Rebekah's eyes shifted from him to me and back. While I stepped in the house I could hear her ask: "Okay, brother, spill! What is going on between you two?"
My legs stopped moving.

"What do you mean by that, little sister?"

"Well, some days ago you were all about Tatia. Don't get me wrong, I like that you seem to be over her, considering everything with Elijah. However, I would like to know: what is the matter between you and my friend? Any feelings involved? And if so, I will crush you if you hurt her in any way, are we clear?"

I grinned. Rebekah was a good friend.

"Sister, not to worry, I would never hurt her. And I am not discussing feelings with you." That seemed to be his final statement.

I went on to my sleeping place and quietly laid down. I wondered, he did say "not discussing feelings" as if there were feelings involved, right?

No, that couldn't be true... right?