Chapter 2: Preparation

On the way home from school I drive past Mikasa. She was sitting in the dirt and crying. All the busses left but her house was in walking distance. I pull my car over. She just glares at me.
"Please leave me alone." She says.
"Mikasa you can't jus" Mikasa interrupts.
"Leave me alone, Levi!" She runs off. I just sit in my car. What did I even do to her? She is being a stubborn brat. I decide to text her again. What have I got to lose?
     (Levi):Oi, Mikasa?"
     (Mikasa):...:
     (Levi):You can't be like this.:
     (Mikasa):I know,That's why I want to talk. Could we maybe talk?:
(Levi):Can we talk? Really? You want to talk? Wow. Surprise surprise.:
(Mikasa):Yes. I do want to talk, thank you very much. You were right. I was wrong.:
(Levi):You're still acting weird. The Mikasa I know is always right and never wrong.:
(Mikasa):Well you know people change and stuff.:
(Mikasa):Levi I'm sorry about what I said.:
(Levi):Cool.
(Mikasa):Look, I was just wondering if you want to hang out?:
(Levi):What's with the sudden change of heart?:
(Mikasa):It's been a while.:
(Levi):You're lying.:
(Mikasa):Yeah. Eren and Annie are going on a date tonight and they asked if I wanted to go. They said I could invite a friend.:
(Levi):Yeah sure I'll go.:
(Mikasa):Great! It's a date.:
(Mikasa):See you then. Wear something nice tonight, we're eating at a fancy restaurant.:
(Levi):I always look nice. Trust me.:
(Mikasa):That you do. I have to go do homework now. Ttyl?:
(Levi):Okay bye.:
(Mikasa):Bye.:
Oi Mikasa. Why must you play with my emotions like that. Be mad then let it go. Friends but it's a date. She never understood how I feel. She never will understand how my feelings work. But that doesn't matter anymore. Maybe in the end she will kiss me, or I'll kiss her.
We talk some more an hour later. She tells me she is having a hard time in her house because of Eren and his mom always fighting. She says she is not getting enough sleep and not having quiet places to do her homework. That's why she was sitting in the dirt! She was getting away from the yelling. I guess that's a fair excuse for her behavior. I'm just glad I did nothing wrong.
As we sort out other information I can't help but worry about the cleanliness of the restaurant we're going to. I grew up in to dirty of a household to deal with it much anymore. It's easy to keep care of a house when you live alone. Unlike Eren, Mikasa and I have no parents to tell us what to do. We know to keep the house clean and do our homework. But Mikasa chooses to live with Eren and his parents. She could have easily moved out by now but she just grew to attached.
As I get dressed, I wonder why Mikasa chose to invite me. There was always Armin or Sasha. I guess she has no one else to hang out with. But that's better for me in the end. I get in my car and I go on my way to pick up Mikasa.