Chapter 23: Ummm

"Hello, Eren." I say forcing something that I could call a smile but you could call a demon trying to kill someone with their stare. "Won't you come in?" Eren takes a step into the house.
     "Wow," Eren looks around the house. "It's so big and clean."
     "I know right?" Mikasa chimes in. "The place is huge. I gusss you could say warm and cozy. Well not cozy but you get it." Mikasa's words start to fumble. She stops talking.
     "Are you alright?"
     "What oh yeah I'm fine. Haha! Also thanks for saying hi to me Eren."
     "Sorry. Hi Mikasa. Oh, and Armin."
     "Hello." Armin replies. The night is already off to an awkward night. Mikasa is already buried in her scarf, Armin is doing his homework that he brought, and all I can do is cook while Eren awkwardly stares at us being awkward.
     "So what on tonight's menu?" Eren starts to fiddle with his fingers.
     "Pasta. I wasn't sure how you like it so I am making the sauce in a different pot and the meatballs are currently in the oven. I know Mikasa hates my sauce so it was better for me to make it this way anyway." I immediately regret saying that. I over explained myself.
     "Oh. I love pasta!" Eren replies. Sweet relief.
     "Hey Eren," Armin starts. "How is Annie doing?"
     "Fine. She misses Connie now that he has moved away but I think that she is getting over it. I'm mainly concerned for Sasha."
     "Yeah she has seemed pretty upset about it. All I can say is at least they are still dating. I'm surprised that Connie even agreed to a long term relationship."
     "Well that's Connie for you."
     "Yup."
     The conversation ends. Mikasa looks at Armin then at her scarf. She grabs one end and starts to undo it.
     "Mikasa no." I say. She starts to wrap her scarf up. "You may get a cold. You said yourself that you felt a little ill. Let's go talk upstairs. We can take your just temperature real quick."
     "What about dinner?" Eren asks.
     "Just make sure that the pasta doesn't boil and that you take the meatballs out when the oven beeps. We will be right back." We start to head upstairs. I shut the bathroom door. "What are you doing!?"
     "The plan!"
     "What about the signal?"
     "I thought you gave the signal."
     "No. The signal is the one where Armin looks at you, not when I do."
     "Oh."
     "Yeah."
     "Can we just go back downstairs?"
     "Of course we can."
     When we get downstairs the food is all off the stove and out of the oven.
     "You guys were so long that the food is ready." We all laugh and sit down at the table and eat. We start talking about Mikasa and what was going on.
     "So who is the one lying?" Eren asks.
     "Both of them." Armin says.
     "How do you know?"
     "They told me without telling me."
     "For once you are making no sense."
     Armin glances over at me. I tilt my head next to me quickly so Armin knows it's time to give Mikasa the signal. Armin slowly but surely puts his head up to meet Mikasa's eyes. Mikasa starts unwrapping the scarf. She holds the scarf in her hands. We all look down except for Eren. His jaw drops. He glances at all of us.
     "You have a boyfriend?" Eren asks.
     "Umm yeah." Mikasa says.
     "Who is it? He must really love you to give you that."
     "Yeah he does really love me and I really love him." My heart pounds.
     "But who is it?" Eren brings the question back up.
     "Ummm."